Xbox One System Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forbes:

Amazon had some good offerings on Black Friday a few days ago, but they’re gearing up for round two of game sales for Cyber Monday. Starting at 3AM EST December 2nd, they’re cracking off new sales of recent games including some next-gen titles, which were left off most Black Friday sales lists.

Here’s what they’re offering:

Madden NFL 25 - PS3, Xbox 360
FIFA 14 - PS3, Xbox 360
Battlefield 4 - PC, PS3, Xbox 360
NCAA Football 14 - PS3, Xbox 360
Need for Speed Rivals - PC, PS3, Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Ghosts – PC, PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Grand Theft Auto 5 - PS3, Xbox 360
Ryse: Son of Rome - Xbox One
Forza Motorsport 5 - Xbox One
Dead Rising 3 - Xbox One
Saints Row 4 - PS3, Xbox 360
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - PS3
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS3
Elder Scrolls Anthology - PC

You can check out all the titles here, and most will be on sale from anywhere between $10 and $30 off.

It’s interesting that Microsoft MSFT +1.41% has allowed nearly their entire stable of exclusives to go on sale while there isn’t a PS4 game in sight, exclusive or otherwise. Sony must believe everyone is willing to pay full price to stock their PS4 with games, which is probably true. Not to mention bundled units like the Killzone PS4 are big sellers, and they wouldn’t want to undercut that. Granted there are a whole host of PS3 games on here so it’s not like Sony is being completely overlooked, but it does make a statement that Xbox One’s three biggest exclusives plus Call of Duty are all present and accounted for.

I’m less surprised that PS4 games are missing than I am that Xbox One games are on sale already, barely more than a week after the console’s release. I’m not expecting deep discounts, but even $10 off a new, sought-after game like Dead Rising 3 is going to move more than a few extra copies. Critics will cry that it’s a “desperation” movie by Microsoft while fans will say it’s a smart play, but without software sales numbers, we won’t know for sure.

It’s still unclear who will be crowned winner this holiday season when it comes to worldwide console sales. I have a hunch with how well both systems have sold to date, it’s going to be whoever can provide the most supply. And that may just be Microsoft, as despite the Xbox One’s pre-launch controversies, they’ve been flying off shelves at around the same pace as Sony’s PS4 from what we know so far.

Which of these titles will you be picking up tomorrow?

The Xbone games aren't going lower than the $49.99 Amazon has been selling them at are they?

I hope so.

I don't think the lack of PS4 games there is a big deal--since the week before the PS4 launched there was Buy 2 get 1 free deals and Buy 1 get 1 free from Amazon in some cases. They already did a ton of sales that way.

Using the Amazon sale I would of liked to have gotten Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, but with little money that is out of the question. Would of wanted Assassins Creed BF as well, but that is only a .03 discount...I think I can do better then that.

Just info for people it could affect. If you have an elgato or something similar then your blurays won't play. It shows the bluray loading screen but then it's just black after that.

I didn't realize it at first. I played a bluray earlier today with no problem. Hooked the elgato later to record some KI. Later I was wanting to watch a movie and when I tried and got the "error" it freaked me out a bit thinking my disk drive failed.

Not shocked, allowing it to work while playing blu ray disks would be breach of copy protection rules.

I got Marvel Lego for $40. The rest all seemed to stick at $50.

I would like to get that game for me and nephew to play together, but then I figured I would then need another controller. So it would end up like 90 spent for the game. Looks fun though.

I would like to get that game for me and nephew to play together, but then I figured I would then need another controller. So it would end up like 90 spent for the game. Looks fun though.

I've been hooked on Dead Rising and Forza so I haven't even started it. I figure I can't lose though. I like the other Lego games I've played and I'm a total Marvel geek so I have high hopes for it.

I've been hooked on Dead Rising and Forza so I haven't even started it. I figure I can't lose though. I like the other Lego games I've played and I'm a total Marvel geek so I have high hopes for it.

Need for speed is pretty sweet. I bought it for PS4. Wish I would have held out for Forza.... Marvel Lego is pretty sweet. Started playing with my boy and now I'm well into my own game. Thought the idea was kind of silly.. Lego superheroes? Yeah I was wrong. Its frigging sweet

In stock at Amazon...

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console/dp/B00CMQTVUA/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386188970&sr=8-1&keywords=xbox+one[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Need for speed is pretty sweet. I bought it for PS4. Wish I would have held out for Forza.... Marvel Lego is pretty sweet. Started playing with my boy and now I'm well into my own game. Thought the idea was kind of silly.. Lego superheroes? Yeah I was wrong. Its frigging sweet

Do either one of you (or anyone else) know a good website where I could read the differences between the different versions for LEGO Marvel Superheroes? That is, Xbox One vs PS4 vs 360 vs Wii U.

Thanks.

Do either one of you (or anyone else) know a good website where I could read the differences between the different versions for LEGO Marvel Superheroes? That is, Xbox One vs PS4 vs 360 vs Wii U.

Thanks.

Honestly the Lego Games are probably going to have the least amount of differences between last gen and this gen.

Back