X3 discussion *SPOLIERS ABOUND*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Did he move it?-BIG, HUGE HONKIN' SPOILERS FOR X-3!!!!!!!!!!!

its not a case of whever he moved it, that is PLAIN obvious. the question is WHY!!!!!!
After getting a x4 dosage of the cure hes still able to move the chess piece? This just left me thinking WTF over and over. I though it was a good flick, but why end it in this way! It just doesnt make sense? Is he somehow some amazing special immune mutant?

clip at the very end, I know it links to the part at the beggining when Proffessor is talking to the class. But is he somehow transformed into this person? Using his body? His was completely incinerated. It just went by too quickly. I wish I could read somewhere the answers. Its all very hush hush tho!

Xavier's consceincess(SP-?) self went to the functioning body. It's just a way to keep the series alive incase they decide to revisit it again later.

Same thing with Magneto. Just leaving it open. It didn't move that much so he's not that strong but he was one of the strongest mutents ever.

They had to kill Cyclops early in the movie. It took a lot just to get him to come back for that little part.

And I don't think Xavier's dead, did you stay til all the credits were over?

It would've taken another 15-20 minutes to add back story for Jugg's and Xavier's relationship that honestly didn't need to be in there. Same thing with the Emron Cyrstal.

A lot of comic book fans seem to think that these movies are made only for them. News flash, they're made for the general public. And studios have to be under the assumption that most people going to the movie have no back story for the characters. Thus certain things need to be left out or altered for the sake of the current story or flow of the movie. I can fully understand why some die hard fans would be upset but this was a great flick and hopefully we haven't seen the last of the X-Men.

Darth Loki said:
They had to kill Cyclops early in the movie. It took a lot just to get him to come back for that little part.

And I don't think Xavier's dead, did you stay til all the credits were over?

It would've taken another 15-20 minutes to add back story for Jugg's and Xavier's relationship that honestly didn't need to be in there. Same thing with the Emron Cyrstal.

A lot of comic book fans seem to think that these movies are made only for them. News flash, they're made for the general public. And studios have to be under the assumption that most people going to the movie have no back story for the characters. Thus certain things need to be left out or altered for the sake of the current story or flow of the movie. I can fully understand why some die hard fans would be upset but this was a great flick and hopefully we haven't seen the last of the X-Men.

awesome!!!! i know someone has the same thoughts as i do. as someone that has read the comics i understand the fan boys reactions, but NONE of comic book movies have been 100% faithful to their origins. i enjoyed the movie and thought it was great. ok, some of the scenes were cheesy-- but you cant tell that the comics aren't?? they didnt explain Xavier and Juggernaut's relationship because it would've taken too long and they would've lost too many people in the explanation. and the pheonix storyline-- again, the backstory for that alone could make its own movie so relax they did pretty decent with what they did. Beast was awesome and Kelsey Grammer was the perfect pick for him. Angel and Juggernaut didnt have enough screentime, but again they will be back in the next film. I also liked the CGI technique they used to make Charles and Eric look young in the beginning and hope they use this in some other movies. It might sound creepy because she looks like she's 12, but did anyone else think the girl who played Kitty was cute??

Ok, so now that i got that off my chest here are some of the problems i had with the movie. 1. what happened to Nightcrawler?? I get it if Alan Cummings didnt want to do the part again... but they could've at least mentioned him in some sort of way. 2. What was up with the 7th Heaven teeny bopper love stories??? could've done with a little less of that. 3. Rogue goes and gets the cure so she could be with her boyfriend?? why? 4.they kill off Xavier!!! what braniac came up with that idea?? that was retarded!!!! (yes i did sit through the credits, but its the thought that counts) 5. I dont have a gripe with this I'm just a little confused-- why did Magneto let Wolverine go?? he could've easily killed him off.

and it shows that some of the other mutants might eventually get their powers back.

I think it was great and he did move it!!!

But what was the very very end? I missed it! is Xavier alive?!

Calle_Sandell said:
I think it was great and he did move it!!!

But what was the very very end? I missed it! is Xavier alive?!

yes it appears he made it out alive. he transferred his consciousness to the body of the man in the coma that was mentioned in the beginning.

hairlesswookiee said:
yes it appears he made it out alive. he transferred his consciousness to the body of the man in the coma that was mentioned in the beginning.

Yep...that is exactly what I was thinking... And in the comics, Prof X died and came back several times... as did many people.

As for Magneto... I think it is hinting that the "cure" is not truly permanent and that the powers of mutants hit with this may return.

I remember the scientists in the film saying that it was not 100% tested and ready. :monkey1

And as for the movie the most shocking scene to me... insane that they even included it was this one....

"Do you know who I am?"

"I"M THE JUGGERNAUT, *****!!"

:rotfl :rotfl I about peed my pants!!

hairlesswookiee said:
awesome!!!! i know someone has the same thoughts as i do. as someone that has read the comics i understand the fan boys reactions, but NONE of comic book movies have been 100% faithful to their origins. i enjoyed the movie and thought it was great. ok, some of the scenes were cheesy-- but you cant tell that the comics aren't?? they didnt explain Xavier and Juggernaut's relationship because it would've taken too long and they would've lost too many people in the explanation. and the pheonix storyline-- again, the backstory for that alone could make its own movie so relax they did pretty decent with what they did. Beast was awesome and Kelsey Grammer was the perfect pick for him. Angel and Juggernaut didnt have enough screentime, but again they will be back in the next film. I also liked the CGI technique they used to make Charles and Eric look young in the beginning and hope they use this in some other movies. It might sound creepy because she looks like she's 12, but did anyone else think the girl who played Kitty was cute??

Ok, so now that i got that off my chest here are some of the problems i had with the movie. 1. what happened to Nightcrawler?? I get it if Alan Cummings didnt want to do the part again... but they could've at least mentioned him in some sort of way. 2. What was up with the 7th Heaven teeny bopper love stories??? could've done with a little less of that. 3. Rogue goes and gets the cure so she could be with her boyfriend?? why? 4.they kill off Xavier!!! what braniac came up with that idea?? that was retarded!!!! (yes i did sit through the credits, but its the thought that counts) 5. I dont have a gripe with this I'm just a little confused-- why did Magneto let Wolverine go?? he could've easily killed him off.

I have to agree as well, I feel the same way. I loved the movie and think that it went beyond my expectations actually. I thought Brett would ruin it.

As for Magneto letting Wolvie go.. he's a softie sometimes and doesn't do some of the things he could. He's let Wolverine off in many instances, when he could have easily killed him. Besides the time he ripped out his adamantium. :google

hairlesswookiee said:

I too thought Kitty was incredibly cute. I'd be amazed if she were over 16 though. I can't really remember why Nightcrawler wasn't in this but it's supposed to be explained in the video game that just came out (it's supposed to be a bridge between the two movies).

I think Magneto was always hoping Wolverine would come to his side. Not to mention Wolverine could never get close to Magneto so why should he worry about him?

This is supposed to be the last movie in this series (hence Last Stand), that's why they killed so many off....... kind of.

DarkArtist81 said:
Yep...that is exactly what I was thinking... And in the comics, Prof X died and came back several times... as did many people.

As for Magneto... I think it is hinting that the "cure" is not truly permanent and that the powers of mutants hit with this may return.

I remember the scientists in the film saying that it was not 100% tested and ready. :monkey1

And as for the movie the most shocking scene to me... insane that they even included it was this one....

"Do you know who I am?"

"I"M THE JUGGERNAUT, *****!!"

I almost died at that part. I was one of only a few who laughed at loud at that part. I guess a lot of people didn't get it. Too bad for them.

jlcmsu said:
Doesn't Wolverine get the adamantium put back on after that though?

Yes, Apocalypse needed a new horseman, so he decided it would be either Wolverine or Sabertooth (who had adimantium still). He had them fight and who ever won the fight would be the new horseman and get the adamantium. Wolverine won and now has had the adamantium for over 4 years.

Here is a current update on some of the movie characters and what they are doing in the comics currently (typed out by me :) ):

Xavier is still alive...but can walk and not a mutant anymore.

Scott is alive and well, having sex every night with Emma Frost.

Jean is dead...thank god.

Kitty and Peter FINALLY hooked up.

Magneto is no longer a mutant, but looks like he will get his powers back this coming Wednesday.

Rouge is still a mutant.

Gambit became one of Apocalypse's horsemen, Death.

Mystique and Sabertooth are going to be part of the X-Men starting in July (both are still mutants).

Angel is in limbo and not appearing anywhere.

Pyro has been dead for about as long as Moria (he died from the Legacy virus).

Wolverine is no longer part of either X-Men team, but is now an Avenger (along with Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Spider Woman, The Sentry, Iron Man and Captain America)

Storm is getting married to Black Panther and is thankfully is no where to be found in any X-Men comic at this time.

Beast is still Beast, but has looked like a big cat for about 4 years.

Juggernaut is a good guy now. He actually works very well as a good guy too.

Multiple Man is the leader of X-Factor.

Dr. Kavita Rao (Indian lady in the movie) actually did find a cure in the comics. Joss Whedon wrote this story line and they used it for the film.

Darth Loki said:
I too thought Kitty was incredibly cute. I'd be amazed if she were over 16 though. I can't really remember why Nightcrawler wasn't in this but it's supposed to be explained in the video game that just came out (it's supposed to be a bridge between the two movies).

i looked her up on IMDB and she is 19. i rented the Xmen game last weekend but didnt finish it, might have to rent it again and beat to see what happens.

Thanks. That's what I thought but wasn't sure. I don't follow the comics anymore but Wolverine is still my fave from when I did.

So Kitty can phase through stuff, but how does she rise up out of the ground? Shouldn't she just either keep going or stop phasing and be stuck there?

GREAT movie!!!!

Oh, Phoenix can always come back and bring back Prof X and Cyclops.

:)

I don't think they will stay dead if a sequel is made.

About Magneto at the end, who even knows if the "cure" is permanent. I loved that scene.

pjam said:
X3 44 million Friday take is the Second largest single day Opening Day in History.

Wow.... Thank God though... This Summer needed a hit BAD. I was actually starting to get worried. If there is anything that I love and never ever want to change is the summer movie season and the joy I get every year when it comes time to see some kick ass films...and some crappy ones..:monkey1

But this movie rocked... and Phoenix was actually a lot more evil and worse than I ever thought possible in a film. When Prof X was obliterated, I was seriously shocked. It was for sure one of those "Oh Crap" moments.

And Loki.... I feel your pain.. when that scene happened... I laughed so hard.. and only like 3 or 4 other people got the joke.. I had to explain it later to my Fiance, she had no idea. :monkey2

Gruson said:
About Magneto at the end, who even knows if the "cure" is permanent. I loved that scene.

Yeah, I liked that as well. The movie was really enjoyable. It did have some editing issues I thought with flipping to certain scenes to quickly but overall I liked it and will buy it on DVD.

Back