X3 discussion *SPOLIERS ABOUND*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'm nostalgic. Seeing the Juggernaut of my childhood running around screaming and cursing, it's just... well, fantastic:lol .

DannieDarKo said:
juggbox5cr.jpg

"DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM??"

Love the pic Dannie!! :rotfl :rotfl

great film...

I wonder a bit that you did not mention the SENTINEL
scene in the training room... was great and would have
been hell of a storyline :D

Dark Phoenix was great... also ICEMAN in full ICE.. :rolleyes:

Give us more!!!

Buzzie said:
great film...

I wonder a bit that you did not mention the SENTINEL
scene in the training room... was great and would have
been hell of a storyline :D

Dark Phoenix was great... also ICEMAN in full ICE.. :rolleyes:

Give us more!!!

Yeah, I loved seeing Iceman fully iced out at last! It was very cool IMO. Glad to see him doing his thing finally. :monkey5

i liked the iceman thing, but why doesnt he do it all the time when fighting???

and the sentinels... i was disappointed because i thought they were gonna have a bigger part in the movie.

Does anyone know what was the order of events was? Did Bryan Singer take the Superman Returns job so Fox fired him and his writers? Or did Bryan Singer quit to take the Superman Returns job and his writers went with him? Or some combination?

And...

I saw it at an Edwards (which I think is a Regals?) anyway... no Superman Returns preview before the film! Was this contractual that they couldn't show the trailer or what?

I thought they got mad because he was going to do Superman and doing so created a delay on X3 so they fired him.

Viking28 said:
I thought they got mad because he was going to do Superman and doing so created a delay on X3 so they fired him.

That's what I remember hearing, too, but it's been awhile so I wasn't sure.

Last edited:
During filming, could no one see that there was a BEETLE crawling on Hugh Jackman at Picard's funeral!?!

You know just a little, "Hey, that was a great take, but could you do it again... and could some one get that beetle that's crawling on the actor's shoulder?"

gdb said:
During filming, could no one see that there was a BEETLE crawling on Hugh Jackman at Picard's funeral!?!

You know just a little, "Hey, that was a great take, but could you do it again... and could some one get that beetle that's crawling on the actor's shoulder?"

im gonna have to watch it again and look for the beetle :lol

gdb said:
I saw it at an Edwards (which I think is a Regals?) anyway... no Superman Returns preview before the film! Was this contractual that they couldn't show the trailer or what?

No, I think it was just the theater... I saw it at a Regal and they played the Superman trailer. So I guess it's just the luck of the draw. Hell, I even heard that some movie-goers got to see the Clerks II trailer attached as well... :monkey5

In reference to the "which happened first" discussion, Ratner was originally tagged for Superman Returns, but quit over "creative differences." After that, Singer jumped on board Superman and X3 was left to collect dust. Fox then got Matthew Vaughn to replace Singer, but in May 2005 he left for "personal reasons." It was then when Ratner came back into the picture, now as the director of X-Men: The Last Stand. Circuitous, no?

Scar said:
In reference to the "which happened first" discussion, Ratner was originally tagged for Superman Returns, but quit over "creative differences." After that, Singer jumped on board Superman and X3 was left to collect dust. Fox then got Matthew Vaughn to replace Singer, but in May 2005 he left for "personal reasons." It was then when Ratner came back into the picture, now as the director of X-Men: The Last Stand. Circuitous, no?

I'm sure that there is a lot more to the story than what we have been told. Studios have a knack for spinning a story in a way that leaves them smelling like a rose. :rolleyes:

Scar said:
... Fox then got Matthew Vaughn to replace Singer, but in May 2005 he left for "personal reasons." ...

To spend more time with Andrew Card's children no doubt.:rotfl :rotfl

did any of you guys who watched the ending after the credits see any other alternate ending other than the xavier one???

i was visiting another board and came across this link: https://xmenfilms.proboards54.com/index.cgi?board=spoilers&action=display&thread=1148560348

it seem the alternate ending shows Pyro going back to the sch/mansion. Saying "Bobby... I'm sorry, You were right, I never should have left..."

Iceman and Rogue goes... *NOD NOD * Its okay...

and first 2 people who claimed they saw this were from hong kong and malaysia. but over here in singapore, we all saw the xavier one.

interesting? i wonder if it's some joke/hoax??

Last edited:
i read on further from the link and someone says during an interview, Shawn Ashmore claims there are 5 different endings that will be shown randomly around the world - of course the main one would be the Charles and Moira one which most of us have been seeing.

other alternate ending claims:

The camera panning towards Jean Grey's gave and the tombstone shakes alittle then went blank... (from Germany)

Alkali Lake and the faint red glow was shown...

oh yah, i was thinking about the part where a couple of you guys were talking about if he moved it. after trying to recall the movie made me realise what was it about. and i'm here to add... yes he definately moved it for sure. :monkey1

Scar,

Thanks for taking the time to put the events in X3 in prospective for one who is only generally aware with the X-Men universe. It helps me to accept how we were forced to watch a lot of important characters get wiped out of the picture--and how that some have indeed "openings" to return. I just know this material could have been handled better, but there is a lot to like in this film.

BTW, I thought that having Magneto turn as he leaves Phoenix's apocalyptic scene of destruction and say, "What have I done?" represented a 180 of his character that wasn't justified in the script. Oddly, this was one of the moments that bothered me most.

--Chris

Protozaius said:
I'm sure that there is a lot more to the story than what we have been told. Studios have a knack for spinning a story in a way that leaves them smelling like a rose. :rolleyes:

Hence my reasoning for putting "creative differences" and "personal reasons" in quotations ;) .

*EDIT* Also, it was my pleasure to talk in detail about the movie, it's nice to have somewhere to discuss these matters where people might very well understand what I'm getting across. As I said previously, many of my friends are huge fans, but sometimes when I go on like that I tend to lose them. Concerning Magneto's character, my theory there at the end revolves around a single statement, "What is a king without a kingdom?" Magneto wished to shape the world to clear the way for mutant supremacy, making preparations for the inevitable course of evolution turning man into a being of truly higher powers. When the Phoenix began to unleash her fury, one has to really keep in mind what the Phoenix is. The Phoenix is a destroyer of worlds arguably considerably more powerful than even Galactus, and what we saw at the conclusion of TLS was her power only beginning to breach the dam. Imagine what could have happened had her full fury been unleashed! It's staggering to even consider the entire planet torn asunder, but not out of the question here. With the Phoenix being the raw, emotional power locked within Jean's mind, a personality that soon became distinct and sequestered from that of Jean Grey's consciousness resultant of Xavier's fearful precautions, a being of not only limitless potential but positively no remorse manifested itself and began to consume all the world in her wrath, as we began to see before Wolverine literally "stuck a fork" (or forks ;) ) in the matter. As far as the comics are concerned, the Phoenix chose Jean as a vessel because of her vast well of power to draw from and her empathetic potential. TLS eliminated alot of the "average joe" audience's confusion by just taking the route of Phoenix's power being an evolutionary step for Jean, another reason why she was of such great interest to Magneto and the Brotherhood, not just as a weapon but as a symbol.

Last edited:
noelleon69 said:
i read on further from the link and someone says during an interview, Shawn Ashmore claims there are 5 different endings that will be shown randomly around the world - of course the main one would be the Charles and Moira one which most of us have been seeing.

other alternate ending claims:

The camera panning towards Jean Grey's gave and the tombstone shakes alittle then went blank... (from Germany)

Alkali Lake and the faint red glow was shown...

oh yah, i was thinking about the part where a couple of you guys were talking about if he moved it. after trying to recall the movie made me realise what was it about. and i'm here to add... yes he definately moved it for sure. :monkey1

Interesting....I really don't want to, but I guess I might have to watch it again.:confused:

Back