X-Plus Godzilla Vinyl Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem. My only meaning is that it seems to be a kit made from a different manufacturer than the first two figures in the gifantic line

Ah got you, I've been searching for the 54 version that was done by the same sculptor as 2001 & 1995 and that one came up.

5f737e9cc11fc1877f51f0c63e8835ae.jpg

1954 went shopping and decided to frame his picture of his visit to Gettysburg. Then did a photo shoot.

440eba6f861d49fa9659144224d8b3a6.jpg

eee2191ba807abae114c4c54f7558375.jpg

e9a66f30dd88f913a5dc06c591e29f00.jpg

d2a5dbbe75c66830cd7bdd867e397b0d.jpg

I also did photoshoots for my other Godzilla figures. I'm happy with how they came out. Check them out!https://www.flickr.com/photos/124648569@N02/sets/

8aa146229655de8ebb2e14fe582324d7.jpg

886755de9a60c4ff714bd52603549e61.jpg

01d5a94114910853392cb8fc203b54f0.jpg

Just cause I havent posted him in here yet

Cool Gigantic! Posed next to my all time favorite... The 75 G! :yess:

Surly a 25cm king ghidorah is coming out very soon. But nothing new in the gigantic series has been announced yet.

I'm definitely looking forward to Ghidorah! A Godzilla collection isn't COMPLETE without him! I'm also ecstatic to learn that X-Plus is re-issuing a box set of the 25cm Godzilla 64 and Mothra 61 Adult! I'm almost done with my 25 cm collection and those are still 2 I need! :hi5:

5f737e9cc11fc1877f51f0c63e8835ae.jpg

1954 went shopping and decided to frame his picture of his visit to Gettysburg. Then did a photo shoot.

440eba6f861d49fa9659144224d8b3a6.jpg

eee2191ba807abae114c4c54f7558375.jpg

e9a66f30dd88f913a5dc06c591e29f00.jpg

d2a5dbbe75c66830cd7bdd867e397b0d.jpg

I also did photoshoots for my other Godzilla figures. I'm happy with how they came out. Check them out!https://www.flickr.com/photos/124648569@N02/sets/

Great stuff! :clap

Mine has been airing out for more than a month now and still reeks. The smell gives me headaches, sore throat and shortness of breath. I'm serious. Anyone else experience this as a result of exposure to vinyl? I used to own a pair or New Rock boots with red vinyl paint on them and they smelled exactly the same as this Godzilla. I would guess that this red vinyl will never stop off-gassing. I've left him outside for a weekend to see if a little bit of warm weather might cure the vinyl more and kill the smell- it helped but didn't fix the problem. I love him and don't want to sell but I actually can't be in the same room for him for more than a few minutes without getting a headache. Does anyone have any suggestions for helping vinyl finish off-gassing VOC's other than airing it out forever? Thanks!
Look who decided to stomp in despite today's morning power outage.

IMG_3692_zpse341c43f.jpg

A word of warning to those who have yet to receive their figures: the smell of this guy can't be exaggerated. Honest to God, it smells more like pesticide than plastic. I'm keeping mine in the garage to air out for at least a day, if not two. Review with more photos coming when I regain my sense of smell.

Might sound silly but id try surrounding him with packs of dry teabags. I heard they absorb odors. It might be a shot in the dark but imagine if it worked? Lol

I have had mine now for 3 weeks and its like a foot away from me and no smell, from the beginning when I got him is was not as bad as I thought it was going to be compared to what others had said.

Mine has been airing out for more than a month now and still reeks. The smell gives me headaches, sore throat and shortness of breath. I'm serious. Anyone else experience this as a result of exposure to vinyl? I used to own a pair or New Rock boots with red vinyl paint on them and they smelled exactly the same as this Godzilla. I would guess that this red vinyl will never stop off-gassing. I've left him outside for a weekend to see if a little bit of warm weather might cure the vinyl more and kill the smell- it helped but didn't fix the problem. I love him and don't want to sell but I actually can't be in the same room for him for more than a few minutes without getting a headache. Does anyone have any suggestions for helping vinyl finish off-gassing VOC's other than airing it out forever? Thanks!

Mine was a little stinky but the smell naturally dissipated. It's completley gone now.

Hell yes! That's gonna be a mother grabber to ship from amami though. What is the typical NA price increase for a place like BBTS on these things? Should we expect it to sell out quickly?

I think with Burning G, it came out just about even. But really, the best chance of scoring the lowest price is by going with one of these Japanese retailers. AmiAmi and HobbySearch being the best, in my opinion.

Even factoring in high shipping cost from japan? I feel like this will end up being upwards of 80-100 or more just to ship.

Even factoring in high shipping cost from japan? I feel like this will end up being upwards of 80-100 or more just to ship.

Yep. You have to remember, BBTS has to pay shipping costs as well. So best case scenario, you spend the same amount you would at AmiAmi or one of those other places. Seeing as that's as good as it'll get, I don't see why you wouldn't go with a Japanese retailer. Cheapest price all-in and you get it sooner than anyone else.

Yep. You have to remember, BBTS has to pay shipping costs as well. So best case scenario, you spend the same amount you would at AmiAmi or one of those other places. Seeing as that's as good as it'll get, I don't see why you wouldn't go with a Japanese retailer. Cheapest price all-in and you get it sooner than anyone else.

Well bbts often ships in bulk and gets a much lower shipping rate per item. It's hit and miss. There are some things that work out to cheaper or the same ordering from japan and others that work out cheaper going with bbts. I just have no real experience ordering X-Plus items so don't have a gauge for it. I guess I can order from amiami and if bbts is cheaper just forget about amiami as I don't really care about my account there anymore anyways. Stopped ordering from them a while ago.

Also previews may be best for me. My LCS gives me 25% off anything I order through previews. I ordered X-Plus anguiris from them as 25% off the slightly marked up preview price, which was about the same as bbts, was my cheapest option.

Either way, this is the Ghidorah I want in my collection! Will make me not regret selling the monsterarts at all.

Back