Soldier Story - "Medal of Honor: Warfighter Tier 1 Operator" - Voodoo 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I searched and did not find a thread for this figure.

This figure was based on the "Medal of Honor" video game but I liked it because it represented a modern Spec-Ops soldier, which this one fit the bill and then some.

When this figure was first announced, I thought it looked really cool. I passed on the boxed set but when Toy Anxiety had their 50% off sale on loose parts, I decided to pick up all of the loose parts and build my own "Voodoo" figure for cheap.

Well, after a ton of hours of work, spread out over several evenings, I finally finished the figure (for the most part). Still need a few items to add plus that shemag, which I'll do at a later time, as I'm burned out.

The number of gear, equipment, pouches, and accessories that comes with this figure is unbelievable. I think I can set up Molle gear in my sleep, now...

Just to give you an idea, this is what it comes with:

pic_053.jpg

Although it was frustrating at times, it was pretty cool to see all of the gear that these modern Spec-Ops forces carry. I'm sure this is not the norm, as he carries every single item available for any and all missions but pretty cool to see.
I have to admit that I'm tempted to pick up another modern figure now...
Here are a few pics of my figure: (By the way, the night-vision goggles light up with an eerie green glow. Too cool.

MoH Voodoo 1.jpg
MoH Voodoo 2.jpg
MoH Voodoo 3.jpg
MoH Voodoo 4.jpg

MoH Voodoo 5.jpg
MoH Voodoo 6.jpg

MoH Voodoo 7.jpg

Nice! I would’ve gotten one had they made more of the team like Preacher, Dusty, and especially Mother. Would’ve liked Rabbit from the first of the modern games too. I think it was Cal-Tek who made a Preacher figure but it didn’t look as good as this Soldier Story Voodoo one.

On another note: love all the LOTR stuff you have in the background :rock

Awesome semi/kitbash you did great putting it together. careful when getting these modern guys it really is a rabbit hole, assembling these kinds of figures can be relaxing/fun and annoying at the same time and there is a great feeling of accomplishment when you're done with all the hard work and pose them up.

I've been tempted so many times with some of the later Soldier story figures but, I've always had bad luck with their bodies on some of the older figures and after reading on ArmedFigures from someone who parts these figures out, that Soldier Story went downhill even more because they switched factories or something like that so their QC has gotten worse, anyway the last figure they made that I liked was that Arctic gear Navy seal figure which is the one I got really close to getting.

I recommend an Easy and Simple set, these days they are the ones competing with DAM.

Nice! I would’ve gotten one had they made more of the team like Preacher, Dusty, and especially Mother. Would’ve liked Rabbit from the first of the modern games too. I think it was Cal-Tek who made a Preacher figure but it didn’t look as good as this Soldier Story Voodoo one.

On another note: love all the LOTR stuff you have in the background :rock

Thanks! That's the LOTR corner of my office / hobby room. I've got more stuff on top of several detolfs. Those are the big environments such as Barad Dur, Minas Tirith, Rivendell, Minas Morgul, etc...

Awesome semi/kitbash you did great putting it together. careful when getting these modern guys it really is a rabbit hole, assembling these kinds of figures can be relaxing/fun and annoying at the same time and there is a great feeling of accomplishment when you're done with all the hard work and pose them up.

I've been tempted so many times with some of the later Soldier story figures but, I've always had bad luck with their bodies on some of the older figures and after reading on ArmedFigures from someone who parts these figures out, that Soldier Story went downhill even more because they switched factories or something like that so their QC has gotten worse, anyway the last figure they made that I liked was that Arctic gear Navy seal figure which is the one I got really close to getting.

I recommend an Easy and Simple set, these days they are the ones competing with DAM.

You nailed it. It was like building a scale model kit but with a bit more frustration, to be honest. The Molle gear was the worst, as there were several times that I "finally" get a pouch set up only to find that I needed to move it all one or two slots over, in order to fit another Molle pouch...

I do love the intricate detailing and to-scale of the gear and accessories. I actually started my 1/6 figure hobby with the old DML/Dragon military figures and then moved into SS, Hot Toys, etc., afterwards. Always chasing the realism in 1/6th scale. Now that I think about it, it was 21st Century that caught my attention first. They were great for the time and DML and Blue Box (BBi) then took over.

Thanks for the heads-up on the "Armed Figures" forum. I wasn't aware of that one. I just joined.

IIRC, didn't CAL-TEK produce a similar 1:6 figure based on MOH: WARFIGHTER years ago around the time the videogame was released?

I concur about degrading quality from Soldier Story based on conversations had with other collectors.

Pretty much every brand in varying nuances is experiencing lapses in quality. Some more noticeable than others.

Excellent work! That looks really cool. I’m being a little pedantic but speaking from personal experience- the helicopter retention lanyard (the one with the red pull tab) is backwards. The side with the red pull tab should connect to the front of the riggers belt, usually at the triangular D-ring. The double locking snap hook (larger carabiner looking part) is what connects to the helo, and you can adjust the retention lanyard based on the aerial platform you’re riding in. The reason the red pull tab quick release doesn’t go in the back is since it’s a quick release it should be front facing and easy to access in the event there is an issue on insertion. Great job though! These figures make me want to get into the 1/6 military realm.

Excellent work! That looks really cool. I’m being a little pedantic but speaking from personal experience- the helicopter retention lanyard (the one with the red pull tab) is backwards. The side with the red pull tab should connect to the front of the riggers belt, usually at the triangular D-ring. The double locking snap hook (larger carabiner looking part) is what connects to the helo, and you can adjust the retention lanyard based on the aerial platform you’re riding in. The reason the red pull tab quick release doesn’t go in the back is since it’s a quick release it should be front facing and easy to access in the event there is an issue on insertion. Great job though! These figures make me want to get into the 1/6 military realm.
Thank you for the info. I'll definitely set it up to reflect your suggestions. :rock

EDIT: By the way, I just followed Soldier Story's photos of the figure, in regards to kit setup but what you say makes perfect sense.

Back