X-Men: First Class

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'll say this, that most of the cast was so well casted and acted that she sticks out more than I think she normally would have. When you have her amongst McAvoy and Fassbender and even Bacon in this film, she comes out rather stale.

I think you may be right. Looking back, her weakest moments were definitely her scenes with Fassbender and McAvoy but in her scenes without them I think she did ok.

Well Box Office Mojo says this:

Really the word of mouth I think will lead to a dropoff that isn't so severe in week 2. I mean both The Hangover II and Kung Fu Panda saw drops, The Hangover a free fall really at 65% but I think that Fox will give this one a greenlight for number two watching it's progress.

Fox knows that Mutants are moneymakers, they'll keep coming back to the well, Hell Wolverine was widely panned by critics and fans alike and it's still getting a sequel. Considering there are no toys or real marketing tie-ins with X-Men: First Class and the commercials aren't really aired all that much I would say that it did pretty well. Most analysts are saying $60 million in opening weekend is the bar for success in the comic world and this should just reach that I think.

Also Fox loses the X-Men license if they don't make a movie every few years. They won't risk that happening although I'm sure Disney/Marvel would love it.

I thought Jones did ok with what she had. My biggest complaint about her is she felt like a robot at times and she didn't seem cold enough. She seemed uninterested but not an uber snobbish, heartless _____ like in the comics. I'll agree though Alice Eve probably would have been better and I was crushed at first when I heard she had been replaced but I don't thin January is as awefull as some make her out to be.

Jones certainly looks the part, and Frost is supposed to be a cold character. But there is no sense of arrogance or superiority that is the center of the character in the comics. She often comes off more as a petulant child or Shaw's pet than the White Queen of the Hellfire Club.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I suppose if they make sequels to this (which I really hope) that Charles and Erik are still somewhat friends. The schism can't be permanent yet. Why? Because the first films state that Magneto helped build the metallic Cerebro beneath the mansion. That hasn't happened yet. Hmm...

Also, the chemistry between Fassbender & McAvoy is the best I've seen in a comic movie yet. I want to see those two chew up more scenes together. They're so good they make sure forget about Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellan. Amazing.

Well even through the original Trilogy they are still on friendly terms. I would imagine that future sequels would have Xavier stopping Magneto and him seeing it as more of a chess move than anything else. They still played chess together throughout the original trilogy.

Magneto does something. The X-Men stop him. Magneto smiles and says "Good move Charles" and they move on.

Vaughn already knows how he wants to start off the sequel and it sounds amazing. Plus there will only be 1 new mutant, but if it's who the writer's want......:yess: :pray:

Though I'd be very intrigued how said character would be done by Vaughn and Fox.

I suppose if they make sequels to this (which I really hope) that Charles and Erik are still somewhat friends. The schism can't be permanent yet. Why? Because the first films state that Magneto helped build the metallic Cerebro beneath the mansion. That hasn't happened yet. Hmm...

Also, the chemistry between Fassbender & McAvoy is the best I've seen in a comic movie yet. I want to see those two chew up more scenes together. They're so good they make sure forget about Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellan. Amazing.

I think we'll see some slight drift from the original films - I don't think Erik and Charles will be so close that Magneto helps with the school. Maybe it will be like the Star Trek reboot - close but with a slightly modified history.

I'd agree that the chemistry between the 2 guys was truly amazing - they both did an excellent job with the characters and the relationship - but it also helps that they were written so well too. There's a lot going on in their lives that bonds them together and drives them apart.

Are you talking about this?

Spoiler Spoiler:

That is just the opening scene idea, I haven't read about the one character just that Vaughn is playing coy. Any links for more info?

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lecture :lol

Actually, that is a great idea Vaughn has. I dig it.

Wow...
I just got back from seeing this and....excellent, just excellent. I really didn't know what to expect, but all of the praise this movie's getting is very well-deserved.
Great script, fantastic cast (the two leads play perfectly off one another), decent effects ( a little cheesy here and there, but it works) and it ends on the right note, the audience wanting more (instead of just expecting it).

Bring on the next one!

I have one story-based questions for the hardcore fans out there...
(I'm not that familiar with all the nuances and back stories laid out in the comics, so here goes...)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's hoping great word-of-mouth gets more butts in the seats for this one...it deserves it!

amber-heard-swimming-pool-7.gif

Ugh... I also made a splash.

Box Office weak for FC, even with it being in first place :monkey2

Opening a-lot smaller than that crappy Wolverine movie :gah:

No profit, no more X-Men movies :monkey2

That is just ridiculous. I hope the BO shows better as the week goes on. Otherwise I'll have to watch it again just to help the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That is just the opening scene idea, I haven't read about the one character just that Vaughn is playing coy. Any links for more info?

Sure, I was just going off interviews and videos leading up to FC. My hype for it the last couple of weeks was high, so only remember a few things lol.

X-Men: First Class writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz have discussed their ideas for a sequel to the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a322426/x-men-first-class-writers-tease-sequel-ideas.html

and just came across this.....seems like Vaughn is only one who knows who would be in the sequel.

Spoiler Spoiler:

for more, https://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2011/06/x-men-first-class-writers-prai.html

Gotta make a sequal to first class. The magneto and Xavior stuff was so Fin AWESOME!!!!I want more!! I mean they could do the stories of them finding others and trying to recruit. THey achieved alot in the film though its hard to imagine were a sequal would go!!!

First class was amazing!

I have one story-based questions for the hardcore fans out there...
(I'm not that familiar with all the nuances and back stories laid out in the comics, so here goes...)

Spoiler Spoiler:

https://www.comicvine.com/lucifer/29-14468/

I have one story-based questions for the hardcore fans out there...(I'm not that familiar with all the nuances and back stories laid out in the comics, so here goes...)
Spoiler Spoiler:

No. Moira's history was completely thrown out for the most part and redone for this film. In the comics she attends Oxford with Charles and is the leader on Genetics, basically what they gave to Charles for the most part one could argue should have been split with Moira. In the books Lucifer cripples him but that has been retconned a couple of times to be Magneto who does it and then retconned again to be others but officially it was Lucifer. I don't remember any saga where she is responsible. In the books though Xavier's crippling but it should be noted that he gets his legs back multiple times from multiple angles only to be recrippled over and over sometimes at the hands of his own X-Men.

and just came across this.....seems like Vaughn is only one who knows who would be in the sequel.

That particular character I always felt was meh. It'd work with Moira, the angle of introduction but not exactly the biggest wow for me.

My one big gripe about the movie was that Rose Byrne didn't wear her hellfire club outfit throughout the entire thing. ;)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats a damn good idea actually.

I love that idea too. I hope they go for it. It totally makes sense to me and it would really could go places story wise from that event.

Back