X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, that was bad phrasing on my part. I agree with you, and meant to say that it missed the action that the Donner films did bring. So, it focused on some of the Donner stuff it shouldn't have, while ignoring other parts of it that it should have paid more attention to.

Well then I have to agree with you, sir. :duff

That is why I found the movie to be great. It made me care for this god like figure.

He got laid in Superman 2. That's 100% more than SR or MOS combined. I know, I know he's supposed to be a boyscout, but that's what happens when you have a big "pimping" theme such as the JW score. (If SR warranted a sequel Routh would have gotten down but knowing Singer I couldn't tell you it would've been a woman).

Suck it Gaspar! :nana:

:lol:lol:lol

Anyway, the best thing I can say about DOFP right now is that it's not quite "Supermeme Vs Holy Cluster**** Batman".

Though many aren't fan of Paquin's portrayal of the character, Rogue fans in general are going to be quite disappointed.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Edits Anna Paquin's Rogue out of the Film | Collider

'X-Men': Major change in 'Days of Future Past' -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside Movies | EW.com

"Director Bryan Singer has revealed to EW exclusively that a rescue sequence - shot early in the film’s production and featuring Magneto (Ian McKellen), Professor X (Patrick Stewart), Rogue (Anna Paquin), and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) - has been cut from the final film. Sadly, this means that Rogue’s screen time has been significantly chopped down as well."

“Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous,” explains Singer. “It’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it.”

Singer emphasizes that the decision had nothing to do with the Oscar-winning True Blood star, who was on set for only week of Days of Future Past, or with her performance. “She did a fantastic job,” says the director. “She was awesome in the sequence. She’s a brilliant actress. I would work with her in a heartbeat.”

Singer, who is still editing the film in advance of its release on May 23, 2014, has already broken the news to Paquin. “She completely understood,” he says. “It’s very disappointing, but she’s very professional and she knows that stuff happens, particularly with material you shoot early on in production. Films evolve.”

Though many aren't fan of Paquin's portrayal of the character, Rogue fans in general are going to be quite disappointed.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Edits Anna Paquin's Rogue out of the Film | Collider

'X-Men': Major change in 'Days of Future Past' -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside Movies | EW.com

"Director Bryan Singer has revealed to EW exclusively that a rescue sequence - shot early in the film’s production and featuring Magneto (Ian McKellen), Professor X (Patrick Stewart), Rogue (Anna Paquin), and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) - has been cut from the final film. Sadly, this means that Rogue’s screen time has been significantly chopped down as well."

“Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous,” explains Singer. “It’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it.”

Singer emphasizes that the decision had nothing to do with the Oscar-winning True Blood star, who was on set for only week of Days of Future Past, or with her performance. “She did a fantastic job,” says the director. “She was awesome in the sequence. She’s a brilliant actress. I would work with her in a heartbeat.”

Singer, who is still editing the film in advance of its release on May 23, 2014, has already broken the news to Paquin. “She completely understood,” he says. “It’s very disappointing, but she’s very professional and she knows that stuff happens, particularly with material you shoot early on in production. Films evolve.”

She wasn't needed anyway.

That's upsetting to me. I was hoping he redeemed her story line from X3 with this film but it doesn't look like that was ever in the cards (if she was only in one bull**** scene anyway) :mad:

Same thing that happened to Mary Jane for ASM2.

I don't get that at all.

Looking at this from a positive side, if Rogue weren't a major player in this movie anyways, its probably best that they trim the fat, looks like they're trying to include a billion mutants already. Although that all looks great on commercials, it doesn't always fit in well on screen.

Did someone actually think Bryan Singer wasn't going to just put Hugh Jackman in full leather bodysuits for 2 hours? :lol

Damn, i was looking forward to her most of all of the original actors.

Was probably a small role and didn't serve the plot so it was cut to keep the run-time down.

Still :( :(

Same thing that happened to Mary Jane for ASM2.

I don't get that at all.

Both movies have got a lot to juggle in terms of characters, they were most likely cut to keep focus better on the main plot

Damn, i was looking forward to her most of all of the original actors.

Was probably a small role and didn't serve the plot so it was cut to keep the run-time down.

Still :( :(

Both movies have got a lot to juggle in terms of characters, they were most likely cut to keep focus better on the main plot

So now Ice Man's role is also impacted since he was in the scene with her.

That or i'm starting to think Singer is playing games with us and she's still in.

What's next, Age of Apocalypse won't have Apocalypse. :lol

Back