X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie does a good job of building up the suspense, its very well paced

I just wish there was one set piece that made it uber bad ass, the QS scene was the closest it came to that.

The future Sentinels didn't work for me, they were black Mystique's. :lol

Either way, 2014 has been awesome so far.

I was going to say that. Not a dull moment. It's as good as winter soldier. Strangely, I can't say it's below it. Or even better since they are different flavors. God damn, Disney is rich. Make mine marvel.

Might see this Again on sunday who was the boy with the white hair at the beginning and in the Xmen mansion?

I saw it earlier today. I gotta say, I agree with Batfan on this one. I didn't think anything would top Cap 2 as the bar was set so high by that film. Well, I was wrong. So wrong I almost cannot believe that DOTF even exists to even approach the level of Cap 2, let alone surpass it in quality. But, here I state that very opinion. I don't even know where to begin. I need to let it all wash over me again I guess in another screening. But I will tell you this much--this is the X-Men film I've waited my entire life to see where all that great storytelling by Claremont back in the day made such an impact on my life growing up. And here it is on the big screen, a little different but with the same relevance and the same power. My God I cannot believe Singer and Co. gave us this film. And with what they did in terms of mending what was broken, I am just so overjoyed. I walked out of X2 back in 2003 saying to friends that was a ****ing revelation. Well, today I said the same thing.

Well I have to say, everything that annoyed me (Quicksilver and the purple or black sentinels) didn't annoy me while I was watching the movie. I was really into the plot.

Loved the movie! The pace of the film, the character building for Raven, and the way Prof X was built back up, were really well done. The break out to "Time in a bottle", the plane scene and the Cerebro scene were the some of the standout scenes for me. Also loved the comedic beats in the movie where it didn't feel overly cheesy and forced like in some of the Marvel films.

My only gripe would probably be that there weren't enough fight scenes for the 1973 cast, but WS has probably spoiled me.

It's definitely on par with X2 for me and maybe slightly behind WS for now. But that might change with another viewing. The ending sequence with Logan waking up gave me chills. And lol at Logan getting shot down. I can't tell you how long I've waited for that. Thank you Bryan Singer for making me hope again. :lol
And props to the guys who had complete faith in the film when a lot of us thought you guys were delusional. :clap

Hoping that GOTG and BvS delivers. This has to be the golden age for comic book films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I must say never did I wish Wolverine had already had his procedure more than when I saw him come face to face with that Sentinel.

So, this is definitely settling in at/near the top of most people's CBM list, what a year this is turning out to be, seems the weakest contender was ASM2, which could still be argued to be the best Spidey yet. Quite different from last year. :lol

So, this is definitely settling in at/near the top of most people's CBM list, what a year this is turning out to be, seems the weakest contender was ASM2, which could still be argued to be the best Spidey yet. Quite different from last year. :lol

I kind of feel bad for Spidey. I thought it was an "okay" movie. There were some elements I didn't like and there were some I did like, but, when you've got films like Cap 2 and Days of Future Past coming out; films that could go toe to toe with stuff like The Dark Knight and Iron Man, as far as comic book films go; Spidey just seems like an exercise in mediocrity, in comparison. On its own, it's a decent film, I think, but if you go into a multiplex and see "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" up on the board, I can't help but think that Spidey's getting the **** end of the stick.

Last edited:
I kind of feel bad for Spidey. I thought it was an "okay" movie. There were some elements I didn't like and there were some I did like, but, when you've got films like Cap 2 and Days of Future Past coming out; films that could go toe to toe with stuff like The Dark Knight and Iron Man, as far as comic book films go; Spidey just seems like an exercise in mediocrity, in comparison. On it's own, it's a decent film, I think, but if you go into a multiplex and see "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" up on the board, I can't help but think that Spidey's getting the **** end of the stick.

:exactly:
Being 'that CBM' between Cap2 and DofP doesn't seem to be an enviable place. If it had come out 1 year earlier I think it would have gotten a lot more hype.

I hate it when I read a quoted post of mine and see "it's" where "its" should be used. Every damn time; Tim Cook needs to take you to a High School English Class, iPhone.:lecture :lol

I hate it when I read a quoted post of mine and see "it's" where "its" should be used. Every damn time; Tim Cook needs to take you to a High School English Class, iPhone.:lecture :lol

Stop complaining, my new tablet changes Batmobile to bath oils, every damn time I have to double check my posts. :lol

I kind of feel bad for Spidey. I thought it was an "okay" movie. There were some elements I didn't like and there were some I did like, but, when you've got films like Cap 2 and Days of Future Past coming out; films that could go toe to toe with stuff like The Dark Knight and Iron Man, as far as comic book films go; Spidey just seems like an exercise in mediocrity, in comparison. On its own, it's a decent film, I think, but if you go into a multiplex and see "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" up on the board, I can't help but think that Spidey's getting the **** end of the stick.

Spidey getting the **** end of the stick is right my friend. ASM 2 in my book was good but compared to Cap 2 and DOTF it does not hold a candle and that's truly sad. Both Amazing Spidey films had great characterization and character arcs for Peter and Gwen but everything else just seemed truncated by loud, obnoxious action scenes or villains monologuing for no good reason. Its to bad too as Gwen's death and the fallout it had on Peter was so well done it makes every scene with Goblin or Electro seem ridiculous.

Wow.
This is a proper film. Best 'superhero' movie outside of Nolan's Batman. There are no heroes and there are no villains here; underneath all the special effects and mutant superpowers is a timeless tale about humanity and our endless capacity to save us from ourselves.
Bravo Bryan Singer!
I can't wait to watch this again.

Excellent film. Wasn't as action packed as I assumed it would be and yet even the 'dull' moments were thoroughly engrossing because of the characters and performances. Bravo to all involved.

Must ask though, due to unanticipated road traffic I was late to the showing, I came in during the opening credits. Was there anything before those?

Back