X-Men: Days of Future Past

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it, I was kinda hoping they would clean slate in the next couple of years :lol

Oh well, Hugh is a bad ass Wolverine. It's not such a bad thing if he continues to play him as long as he can.

Just found out via an interview with scott porter that channing tatum was the originla choice for Gambit all along, back when Wolvie Origins was being made, but due to a contract with paramount he was forced to do GI Joe.

So kinda cool for him that he can now play it after all, I think he's gonna be awesome if it's comic accurate.

Looks like our new Gambit can act.

https://news.yahoo.com/cannes-reviews-mark-foxcatcher-first-true-oscar-contender-152300497.html

But Carell isn't the only performer in the movie getting Oscar notices. Kyle Buchanan—who called 12 Years a Slave's win last year way back at the Toronto Film Festival—highlighted the work of Channing Tatum, who plays Mark Schultz, the wrestler du Pont takes under his wing. "It wasn't clear until today just how throughly integral Tatum is to the film, and how much of himself Tatum pours into his role: When upset, the miserable Mark has an inclination for self-harm — he'll punch his own face over and over, or smash a mirror with his forehead — and Tatum is so committed to those scenes that he left the audience fearful not just for Mark's well-being, but for his own," Buchanan writes. "When awards season starts to get underway, let's hope we find him in the thick of the Best Actor derby right alongside his flashy co-star Carell."

Seems he might be nominated for an Oscar this year.

Just found out via an interview with scott porter that channing tatum was the originla choice for Gambit all along, back when Wolvie Origins was being made, but due to a contract with paramount he was forced to do GI Joe.

So kinda cool for him that he can now play it after all, I think he's gonna be awesome if it's comic accurate.

He's going to be throwing Uno cards I bet.

You're probably taking your fandom defense too far when you're justifying Channing Tatum as a possible Oscar winner. :lol That's literally making me sad for you.

You're probably taking your fandom defense too far when you're justifying Channing Tatum as a possible Oscar winner. :lol That's literally making me sad for you.

I could easily attack TASM2 to bother you, but whats the point? It’s a shame Spidey fans can’t enjoy this summer quite like the Cap and X-Men fans can.

No you couldn't. Go into the TASM2 thread. The only thing I've been defending repeatedly is the ending being perfect. The rest of the movie is heavily flawed. I don't spend all day, every day in there. :lol I certainly wouldn't encourage people to go see it if Garfield starting raping children.

No you couldn't. Go into the TASM2 thread. The only thing I've been defending repeatedly is the ending being perfect. The rest of the movie is heavily flawed. I don't spend all day, every day in there. :lol I certainly wouldn't encourage people to go see it if Garfield starting raping children.

I’ve seen you defend more than that in there, and also discredit the Raimi films while your at it. Has Singer been convicted of raping someone? Singer’s personal life has nothing to do with this film, a lot of people actually came together to make this movie. You obviously hate Singer, and this franchise, whats the point in coming in here to try and ruin it for everyone else?

whats the point in coming in here to try and ruin it for everyone else?

This is what you should be asking Singer after we just had a reboot that I quite liked.

The need you have to champion and defend every single aspect of this movie is sad. And a lot of other members have noticed it too.

I certainly wouldn't encourage people to go see it if Garfield starting raping children.

XS5LK.gif

This is what you should be asking Singer after we just had a reboot that I quite liked.

The need you have to champion and defend every single aspect of this movie is sad. And a lot of other members have noticed it too.

You mean the reboot that Singer produced and co-wrote?

I don’t defend everything about the movie, I only try to keep the trolls from over crowding this place, and making it the “cool thing” to start hating a film thats currently sitting at 93% on rotten tomatoes with an awesome cast and the director that kick started everything. Why should I not be excited?

I’ve said multiple times that I don’t like Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and some of the future outfits, but thats it, should I start making stuff up to hate so I can please you?

When I said this wasn’t Wolverine’s movie, and QS’s look made sense, everyone jumped on me for being a fanboy, now all the reviews coming out are confirming this.

Back