X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Apoc was only trapped initially because he was unconscious when the pyramid started collapsing around him. He had total control over his powers at the end of the film, so there was apparently no chance of physically beating him using conventional means.

Young untrained mutants infiltrated Stryker's secret base, freed Weapon X, stole some kind of prototype military aircraft, rescued Xavier from two Horsemen yet couldn't defeat Apocalypse with the help of all powerful Magneto and Storm 'till the out-of-nowhere Phoenix... Sorry but this is WAAAY TOO MUCH for a team origin, not to mention 100% redundant after "First Class".

This movie sucks big time.

It really had the worst possible script mishandling some great characters

Garbage! Singer needs to be gone. If Fox can get Deadpool right they can get X-Men right.

Garbage! Singer needs to be gone. If Fox can get Deadpool right they can get X-Men right.

Agreed. It's not the studio, it's the inept asses behind the camera. Singer had a good run of two solid films, with a good third attempt. It's time to move on.

If they can get Vaughn back or let the Deadpool crew take over for a film of the young X Men I would be happy with that

I want a film about Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver and hell even Mystique if she needs to be there. :lol

When Wolverine was freed the color should have switched to black and white so he could go full Kill Bill Vol. 1 on the guards. :lol

Or they could have actually had him wear a comic accurate visor and when the doors open the camera switches to his POV but it's all red and cybernetic looking like when you see things from the Terminator's point of view. New viewers might even think the kids really did unleash some sort of robot or freak genetic monster. Then he could have gone on a rampage where you're seeing everything through his eyes, the visor makes everything look red so the blood splashing around wouldn't stand out and they probably could have gotten away with more. When he's done have the camera pan over to Jean as he looks at her, she reaches up and removes the helmet and THEN reveal that it was Hugh Jackman all along. So maybe cool ways they could have done his rampage.

You're right up until you mention Mystique. No matter what they do with her, I think we can all agree we have Mystique-fatigue.

You're right up until you mention Mystique. No matter what they do with her, I think we can all agree we have Mystique-fatigue.

Well they really left us no choice at this point... she's pretty much leading the team. :lol

Maybe they can have her in disguise for the whole film as a better character/actor and show us the yellow eyes at the end of the film :lol

:lol true

or they can just say she died in between films like they did with Emma, Banshee, Azazel, etc

I don't think anybody would really care if Mystique died, would they?

When Wolverine was freed the color should have switched to black and white so he could go full Kill Bill Vol. 1 on the guards. :lol

Or they could have actually had him wear a comic accurate visor and when the doors open the camera switches to his POV but it's all red and cybernetic looking like when you see things from the Terminator's point of view. New viewers might even think the kids really did unleash some sort of robot or freak genetic monster. Then he could have gone on a rampage where you're seeing everything through his eyes, the visor makes everything look red so the blood splashing around wouldn't stand out and they probably could have gotten away with more. When he's done have the camera pan over to Jean as he looks at her, she reaches up and removes the helmet and THEN reveal that it was Hugh Jackman all along. So maybe cool ways they could have done his rampage.

As long as the first person action is kept to a minimum, as in zero! :lol

Please no hardcore henry. :lol

Why? I think a "red visor cam" could have been both an effective way to allow for lots of blood and also keep his identity a bit of a secret for many in the audience. First person is often an effective technique in horror films which wouldn't be largely inappropriate for what was going on at that point in the film.

EDIT: I was thinking more "Jaws/Cujo/American Werewolf in London" than "Hardcore Henry."

Please no hardcore henry. :lol
Some directors prefer those kinds of gimmicks (biggest offender being shakycam), because they lack the skill to film movies in more conventional ways. And the confusion created in the mind of the moviegoer, in turn, has the benefit of obscuring glaring issues in the script/acting/direction/etc. Civil War being the most recent example of a film where this was the objective, which was apparently successfully achieved.

1pBVNbk.gif

3X9yaQb.gif

Why? I think a "red visor cam" could have been both an effective way to allow for lots of blood and also keep his identity a bit of a secret for many in the audience. First person is often an effective technique in horror films which wouldn't be largely inappropriate for what was going on at that point in the film.

EDIT: I was thinking more "Jaws/Cujo/American Werewolf in London" than "Hardcore Henry."

Fair enough.

Yeah you have a point.

Terminator/AWIL > HH.

The Weapon X scene was short enough to show a few glimpses in first person, in red of course.

Some directors prefer those kinds of gimmicks (biggest offender being shakycam), because they lack the skill to film movies in more conventional ways. And the confusion created in the mind of the moviegoer, in turn, has the benefit of obscuring glaring issues in the script/acting/direction/etc. Civil War being the most recent example of a film where this was the objective, which was apparently successfully achieved.

They were Shaky Cam perfection

Last edited:
Back