www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

I can't imagine razor1 didn't get a cut of the money for his efforts. I'm sorry, but anyone with common sense would figure there is something up when a stranger asks you to accept money from others and then send it to him. There is most definitely more to this story...than meets the eye...

I think Eamon and Steve74 are the only two established forum members who received their items.

I thought there was one other person?

And of course my freind here got his too. So that's at least three we know of.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it would be fair to assume that they picked me specifically to ship to as I am an 'established' member. My friend here getting his and me reporting on that too would also add to the facade!

Huh!

I think Eamon and Steve74 are the only two established forum members who received their items.

They got the figures for a reason,and that's because they are old members and they have more credibility.That's the only reason I can think of.

....yup!....:(

There still some that have tracking numbers though so let us see exactly what this cost them.

I thought there was one other person?

And of course my freind here got his too. So that's at least three we know of.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it would be fair to assume that they picked me specifically to ship to as I am an 'established' member. My friend here getting his and me reporting on that too would also add to the facade!

Huh!

how did they know it was you though, did you tell them you were eamon from sideshow freaks when you ordered?

Just thought I'd weigh in with my dealings with this company, was beginning of last month and I was after a T2 T800 saw this website had them in stock so sent the usual emails asked why their prices were so cheap to which the guy responded that they weren't anyway because there was no option to complete an order on the site they said they'd send me an invoice via Pay Pal I waited and waited and nothing came and I ended up getting the figure from a fellow collector just down the road from me, couple of days later the invoice arrived but naturally I declined it they then sent me an email thanking me for my interest and that was that. Up until now I honestly thought they were a legit company :dunno

how did they know it was you though, did you tell them you were eamon from sideshow freaks when you ordered?
He posted here as soon as he placed the order with them and that's how they knew.

I just signed into paypal and discover these guys tried to file a claim against me!! Unbelievable!! I am so angry!:mad::mad:

Can someone help me? what can i do?

I just signed into paypal and discover these guys tried to file a claim against me!! Unbelievable!! I am so angry!:mad::mad:

Can someone help me? what can i do?

Someone a couple of pages back said the same thing happened to them.

What's the email of the person filing the claim? Also, had you already filed a claim yourself?

This is the other post:

WTF!!! razor1 if you are peter halasz as u say, why the ____ did u put a claim against me for the $32 refund that was issued to me for the missing parts of the item. Ive called paypal to find out more info and they said that you peter halasz are claiming that iam a SELLER and claiming back the $32!!! This is ridiculous, i wouldnt be surprised if peter is dave after all. I dont give a ____ about $32, its fkin peanuts to me but i wont let this ____ go without a fight, uve really pissed me off now, saying IM A SELLER, wtf, u got some nerve.

I don't think I posted anything on this site or OSW before I ordered my figure. I think I was just one of the lucky ones because I was one the 1st people to order from them. Who knows maybe HTOS wanted to start a real shop and got greedy or over their heads and couldn't handle it. Maybe it was the long con. But damn man if you need/want money get a F'n job.
I having a hard time understanding why someone would want to risk jail over some BS like toys. I mean they couldn't have gotten away with that much money, what $20-30G tops, it doesn't seems worth it to me. Seeing a picture of "Dave", it doesn't look like he would do very well in the lockup.
I guess another reason why I'm having a hard time understanding it is that its a super scummbag thing to do that I never do to someone, I remember during the war in Iraq my men found over $3 mill in US dollars and I made them turn it. $3 mill, that's a lot of HT.

When people paid for these items through PayPal, if funds were sent to this Razor1, then its Razor1's account that is going to get hit, not Dave's.

Even if Razor1 has ZERO money in his bank & paypal account, PayPal will still pay everyone back 100% and they will charge Razor1 with every single payment that is refunded and his account will go to a NEGATIVE BALANCE OWED. Razor1 will have to pay it all back to PayPal and if he doesn't, they will get a collection agency after him. If he doesnt pay it within 30 days, they usually report this to credit agencies and his credit will get destroyed.

but anyone who paid with normal checkout with PayPal, you guys will all get refunded shortly. Give it a week, if you have not gotten a refund, then call PayPal and they usually will refund you right away after you talk to them on the phone. Ive had to do this numerous times with bad eBay sellers. Never had a problem getting a refund.

My payment was made to the guy name Tong Zheng Zhang via his PayPal account/invoice. How many sellers are there in this scam?

oh ok, i thought you were asking me about your payment. Wow, atleast your a real member who got their stuff. Its crazy reading all this and trying to figure out who got what and when LoL.

Im just trying to help to because some people might not know how PayPal claims work. Ive had to do a lot of claims because of bad sellers over the years, so i thought i give some advice :)

Glad you got your figure!!!! :yess:atleast not all was lost.

Hi morphosisl..thx for ur advise. I'm actually new to PayPa & currently living in Bangkokl. I can't seem to b able to call PayPal. All I can do is email them. Do they hav rep office in most countries?

Yeah, It was Peter and some other chinese name. He said he needed to send me a new invoice, hence the other name. My order was $580 but he filed a claim for $685!

What a joke. Just when there reputation started to biuild, they throw everything away.

Thanks to everyone for all there advice. I am definetley going to ring them.

can someone explain how they are able to file claims against buyers even though the buyer is the one that paid money? I dont want to deal with that bull____

try this link, and click the Call Us tab. It then tells you to click another link: Call PayPal Customer Service. when you click that link, it asks you to log into your account, and then it gives you a phone# to call. Im just not sure how it may work in other countries. You may have to call them during USA hours. start with this link:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

also, make sure you file your CLAIM NOW!!! dont wait, just file the claim and follow the steps. You do this by clicking on the RESOLUTION CENTER button towards the top. then follow the steps by clicking DISPUTE A TRANSACTION.

Thx again for the advise. Will give it a try.

Back