www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

Thanks bro, will definitely keep you guys posted.. I'm still waiting for my packages of paper :mad:

My parcel is still stuck in the processed for departure loop in Hong Kong since February 10th I highly doubt I will ever receive anything lol
I really hope I never come face to face with those guys...for their sake.

Mine left Hong Kong on the 20th, so waiting for tracking to update..
Maybe we should tag team :hi5:

I was robbed of $5000

WTF made you spend $5000 with some newbie store that had some sketchy stuff going on?

I amazes me seeing people buy multiple items from this place. Stuff you can easily get elsewhere and at reliable places.

Actually the prices i got were really low especially for the figures I got.. plus i knew in advance that Paypal would cover me if anything gone wrong

So, can we change the thread title back now?

:p

WTF made you spend $5000 with some newbie store that had some sketchy stuff going on?

I amazes me seeing people buy multiple items from this place. Stuff you can easily get elsewhere and at reliable places.

Please inform us of these reliable places, that still have the older Hot Toys releases (dx01, dx02) in stock at acceptable prices. Paying $600+ for each figure on eBay does not count.

OT: Yikes! Recently sold my DX01 & DX02 for only $380 each. Didn't know it went for $600 these days.

Sorry for the OT.

24 figures for $5000, that means avarage $208 per figure, not bad.. no wait... 24 pieces of paper for $5000 that's bad.. Sorry man, I hope you get your money back, and do it like me, just wait for Hot Toys to relaunch each single figure :D

there aren't any. thats why no one should have trusted this website!

New collectors are not automatically aware of this "fact". I managed to get a couple of rare figures off some of these obscure websites not long ago, so it's certainly not impossible. The Hot Toy Online Store storefront looked more professional than 99% of what's out there. Even trusted sites like BBTS look like back-alley operators, so it's easy to see why so many placed orders at this site. Most people don't scour forums like this to find out who you can trust, and even then, the number of success stories reported here, managed to catch people off-guard.

Sorry to hear about all the misfortunes...

It's absolutely amazing how powerful this drug Hot toys is. The fever that Hot toys has created with supply/demand has really made me irrational at times due to desperation from fear of supply.

I was back and forth with someone who worked at HTOS named Chris over the xmas holidays... I had a Blade, Leonidas, and DX 01 lined up and an invoice send to me from them... I was in an absolute frenzy, I dreamt of the figures, I woke up looked at reviews of the figures - All I would need was a Wolverine and every HT I would ever want/ I would have had...

I can only describe those few days as ultimate obsession of being uncertain wheather I should pay $1000. Good deal right?

In the end, a strange twist put my dreams to bed, and I never did do the order. (my fiance saw the invoice and was quite disturbed) - argument ensued, I felt like a spoiled kidult - cancelled the order.

What made me feel better about the situation was, it's ok that there are figures out there that I want really bad, if I had them, the chase would be over, and I might lose interest in Hot toys...

Right now and over the past several months, figure after figure that has been released has been a knock out... if they can keep this pace, I will be ok, if not, that's when I start looking for the rare ones

pplease change thread title to "hot toys online store - proven scam"

When I first posted this-

Hot Toys Limited has been aware of the emerging of the “Hot Toys online store” website (https://www.hottoysonlinestore.com/) recently and is concerned about that. Fans, please note that this online store is not the official supplier of the Hot Toys products and does not have any relationship with Hot Toys Limited. Therefore, Hot Toys Limited will not bear any responsibilities if there are any problems concerning the collectibles and will not provide after-sales service relating to these products. We suggest our fans to purchase the Hot Toys collectibles through our official distributors and retailers to ensure the quality standard. If there is any question, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

I just knew this would happen eventually... as they say, if something seems too good to be true, its either an instant scam or the set up for a bigger scam. These guys were obviously proper grifters that were in it for the (semi) long game.

Please inform us of these reliable places, that still have the older Hot Toys releases (dx01, dx02) in stock at acceptable prices. Paying $600+ for each figure on eBay does not count.

well, in my country, there's a forum....and in B/S/T section, dx01-dx02 price range is about $400-$500...a month ago, a dude did sell his dx01-dx02 as a set at $650 (both) *and yeah, it's not scam
and sometimes you can find HT tracker predator, HT platoon, Batman Demon, Scarecrow..each < $100 *and sometimes, it's mint in box

and all original
so, does that count? :pray:

well, in my country, there's a forum....and in B/S/T section, dx01-dx02 price range is about $400-$500...a month ago, a dude did sell his dx01-dx02 as a set at $650 (both) *and yeah, it's not scam
and sometimes you can find HT tracker predator, HT platoon, Batman Demon, Scarecrow..each < $100 *and sometimes, it's mint in box

and all original
so, does that count? :pray:

Well about a month ago, $400-$500 was the market price for a MIB dx01 and dx02. I placed several bids at that price on eBay, but managed to get outbid in the last second. There were even other online shops that had the DX01 in stock for $499. The HTOS prices ($450) were only slightly lower than what you would pay on eBay at that point.

That's what annoys me most about this situation. Not that I spent $1500 for what ended up being a scam (I'll get that money back anyway), but that I lost an entire month while the supplies dried up elsewhere. It's now very difficult to find the dx01 or dx02 less than $600, especially from sellers that can ship to Europe.

I started to collect in January, and have now managed to get the Wolverine, Blade, T2 Terminator, Big Chap Alien and others, at reasonable prices, but the dX01 and dX02 elude me.

Well about a month ago, $400-$500 was the market price for a MIB dx01 and dx02. I placed several bids at that price on eBay, but managed to get outbid in the last second. There were even other online shops that had the DX01 in stock for $499. The HTOS prices ($450) were only slightly lower than what you would pay on eBay at that point.

That's what annoys me most about this situation. Not that I spent $1500 for what ended up being a scam (I'll get that money back anyway), but that I lost an entire month while the supplies dried up elsewhere. It's now very difficult to find the dx01 or dx02 less than $600, especially from sellers that can ship to Europe.

I started to collect in January, and have now managed to get the Wolverine, Blade, T2 Terminator, Big Chap Alien and others, at reasonable prices, but the dX01 and dX02 elude me.

started last month, and already got Wolverine and Blade? you're one lucky dude
well, patience is virtue...just wait, maybe someday you'll get DX01-02 at the price you want :hi5:

being scammed, that's very annoying...last time became victim of scammer was 2 years ago, and my money doesn't come back (doesn't or didn't?...sorry, my grammar's suck, still learning)

hope all of you who got scammed by HTOS get your money back :pray:

WTF!!! razor1 if you are peter halasz as u say, why the ____ did u put a claim against me for the $32 refund that was issued to me for the missing parts of the item. Ive called paypal to find out more info and they said that you peter halasz are claiming that iam a SELLER and claiming back the $32!!! This is ridiculous, i wouldnt be surprised if peter is dave after all. I dont give a ____ about $32, its fkin peanuts to me but i wont let this ____ go without a fight, uve really pissed me off now, saying IM A SELLER, wtf, u got some nerve.

Razor does seem to be Peter Halasz.

There is a P.H on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=683229133) who is a firefighter from Australia (what razor said about himself) and "likes" Hot Toys and Sideshow.

I assume he's with the Metropolitan Fire Brigade in Melbourne and since you're from Sidney, you might have an easier time getting in touch with him over the phone or something.

Heck, you could even report him to your local police for cyber fraud. That would put some pressure on him to come forth with the truth.

Back