www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scammer Hot Toys web-shop

You must be registered on OSW to view link content tho.

Actually, the mods seem to have removed the thread altogether.

This is the link:

WARNING: I believe this is a SCAM , so don't consider my posting this link as advertising :)

https://www.hottoys online store.com/ (admin changed to unclickable)

Someone on OSW ordered already (trusting PayPay to reimburse them via dispute), but the PayPal address is the same as the nick of the guy who "advertised" the site, claiming to be just a regular user who "happened to bump into it." Then he asked for Spanish and French forums to "practice his language skills." :rotfl

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the warning, I'd never buy from a non-trusted dealer anyways...no one should :lecture

I'm a member there since 2008 and I can't view it ?

Edited:The thread was removed that's why.

I asked HT about it and this is their official reply-

Hot Toys Limited has been aware of the emerging of the “Hot Toys online store” website (https://www.hottoysonlinestore.com/) recently and is concerned about that. Fans, please note that this online store is not the official supplier of the Hot Toys products and does not have any relationship with Hot Toys Limited. Therefore, Hot Toys Limited will not bear any responsibilities if there are any problems concerning the collectibles and will not provide after-sales service relating to these products. We suggest our fans to purchase the Hot Toys collectibles through our official distributors and retailers to ensure the quality standard. If there is any question, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Hot Toys Limited has been aware of the emerging of the “Hot Toys online store” website (https://www.hottoysonlinestore.com/) recently and is concerned about that. Fans, please note that this online store is not the official supplier of the Hot Toys products and does not have any relationship with Hot Toys Limited. Therefore, Hot Toys Limited will not bear any responsibilities if there are any problems concerning the collectibles and will not provide after-sales service relating to these products. We suggest our fans to purchase the Hot Toys collectibles through our official distributors and retailers to ensure the quality standard. If there is any question, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Love it! It's just the typical "if you get screwed we are not responsible" letter. :rotfl

What else would you expect them to do, though? They really can't be held responsible for scammers they have nothing to do with.

This is "exactly" what I expected them to do.

It's all part of the plan...

:rotfl

What else would you expect them to do, though? They really can't be held responsible for scammers they have nothing to do with.

Exactly. And if Hot Toys would announce it on their Facebook page if they were going to start an online store.

:duff That settles the matter.

This is "exactly" what I expected them to do.

It's all part of the plan...

:rotfl

Get real... :cuckoo:

Since the year that I joined this site Hot toys went from a much loved company for members to what some now think is the new Illuminati.lol

I would have thought they would have taken some legal action against a website claiming to be their own online store ....or at the very least, worded something a little more strongly than that.

So sad.

But where ever there are people who are willing to spend money there will also be people right beside them trying to rip them off.

I'm sure fraud investigators will love this one.

THank you for all the info. We must alway take precautions with these too good to be true stores

I once felt "safe" using PayPal. I don't take as many risks as I use to when ordering. It took months to resolve a problem / claim. The seller sent me a "worthless" action figure with delivery confirmation / signature, etc. I had to ship it back (with delivery confirmation / signature) which cost me $40.

I even contacted my credit card company, but was told to work with PayPal.

I got this today from the "Scammer HT web shop", paid $340 with express shipping and got a $20 rebate on my next visit to their store. I got the package in about a week from China and today someone from the store called me to see if I recieved everything ok and if I was happy. I am happy and I will be using them again.
It's legit
legit1.jpg

legit2.jpg

Back