www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

Well, just paid for my T1000, and today is the last day for free shipping from them, if it's not too late yet.

So given the Hot Toys statement about them being accountable for any faults, which is all kinds of wrong for obvious reasons, what are 'official outlets'?
Hot Toys said they are accountable for any faults? I believe that the only official "outlet" (read: distributor) in the U.S. is Sideshow Collectibles. There are, of course, official Sideshow outlets throughout the U.S., but when I contacted Hot Toys about a defect around a year ago, they told me that they could only facilitate those who bought through official HT channels, which in the U.S. is SSC. In Asia, I'm guessing ToyHunters is their primary official outlet.

Hot Toys said they are accountable for any faults? I believe that the only official "outlet" (read: distributor) in the U.S. is Sideshow Collectibles. There are, of course, official Sideshow outlets throughout the U.S., but when I contacted Hot Toys about a defect around a year ago, they told me that they could only facilitate those who bought through official HT channels, which in the U.S. is SSC. In Asia, I'm guessing ToyHunters is their primary official outlet.

I think that is awful BS. Where you buy the product should have no bearing on a product.

I think that is awful BS. Where you buy the product should have no bearing on a product.

Who's to say how many hands a figure went through before getting to the person claiming a problem? If you buy it from Sideshow and something is wrong - then it most likely came from the factory that way. But if you buy it from ebay there's no telling who it originally came from and where the damage occurred. There is no paper trail of ownership.

Haven't noticed before but did in the paypal invoice the name of the marchand was Leon Mario.
From HK ???
^^!

Haven't noticed before but did in the paypal invoice the name of the marchand was Leon Mario.
From HK ???
^^!

yep, i just ordered from them and paid a paypal invoice and the merchants name was leon mario, glad to knows someone else got the same guys name, ill keep everyone updated with how the order goes.

Just ordered Indiana Jones. This will be my third purchase through them. Really happy with them so far. I'll let you know when it arrives.

I am waiting for more testimonials before I buy from them. They have a couple of "old" figures which I have been looking out for.

Paying for figure with these guys now! Here goes nothing.

Who's to say how many hands a figure went through before getting to the person claiming a problem? If you buy it from Sideshow and something is wrong - then it most likely came from the factory that way. But if you buy it from ebay there's no telling who it originally came from and where the damage occurred. There is no paper trail of ownership.

I hear what you are saying but does that apply to MIB?

yep, i just ordered from them and paid a paypal invoice and the merchants name was leon mario, glad to knows someone else got the same guys name, ill keep everyone updated with how the order goes.

got the same name on the invoice as well, i ordered dx jack sparrow.

I just got an email from them saying that they've received my money and they will ship Chris Redfield in 2-3 days.I'll let you guys know how the transaction goes.

Yes but I've seen some guys on statueforums that bought from them and they didn't have any problems,I will update you guys as soon as I receive my order .

Yes but I've seen some guys on statueforums that bought from them and they didn't have any problems,I will update you guys as soon as I receive my order .

There is also a forum over at OSW where members have purchased from them with success. Also, there were about 5 or so people that posted on the Hot Toys fanpage over at facebook and all had a positive experience. I have just ordered Indy Hot Toys and this will be my third figure from them (DX01 Joker and Jack Sparrow) and all have been perfect and heaps cheaper then anywhere else. Really nice guy as well so I am only too happy to give him my business. I will update on Indy as soon as he gets here.

I got update that my T1000 was shipped, but didn't provide a tracking number, did anyone else get/or didn't get tracking? I emailed him back, didn't get a response yet.

I don't think we get the tracking service if we bought during the free shipping offer.

I got an email asking if I wanted tracking and seeing it would cost, I reminded them of the free shipping offer. Just waiting for reply now.

I got an email from them as well saying that they have received my money and they will ship Chris today or tomorrow.:yess:

what about the packing, do they double box or take any other protection , can some one take fotos of the packing when they receive and unbox it please, i like my hot toys boxes in mint condition as possible, sadly whenever i buy from asian countries the box always gets screwed up

There is also a forum over at OSW where members have purchased from them with success. Also, there were about 5 or so people that posted on the Hot Toys fanpage over at facebook and all had a positive experience. I have just ordered Indy Hot Toys and this will be my third figure from them (DX01 Joker and Jack Sparrow) and all have been perfect and heaps cheaper then anywhere else. Really nice guy as well so I am only too happy to give him my business. I will update on Indy as soon as he gets here.

If everybody turns out to be happy and it all goes smoothly, this store will make a killing I think!

Back