www.hottoysonlinestore.com is a scam (Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Scammer Hot Toys web-shop

I've been keeping my eyes on this site, because I do want to try using them, but the fact only new people with not many posts seem to be reviewing, and that gets me a bit worried. There are a few people who've been on the forums for a while but still, the newbs outweigh them.

I've been keeping my eyes on this site, because I do want to try using them, but the fact only new people with not many posts seem to be reviewing, and that gets me a bit worried. There are a few people who've been on the forums for a while but still, the newbs outweigh them.

Well there is probably a reason Why a "newb" :slap such as myself would think of using this website and not old school members.

If youre new to collecting, you are interested in buying hot toys older catalogue that is sold out. Old members of this forum are also probably long time collectors and already have all the old hot toys stuff they really want.

This supplier has a lot of older figures, that are factory sealed and marginally better than eBay prices at the moment. So you probably won't find older collectors rushing out to buy from this store.

Well there is probably a reason Why a "newb" :slap such as myself would think of using this website and not old school members.

If youre new to collecting, you are interested in buying hot toys older catalogue that is sold out. Old members of this forum are also probably long time collectors and already have all the old hot toys stuff they really want.

This supplier has a lot of older figures, that are factory sealed and marginally better than eBay prices at the moment. So you probably won't find older collectors rushing out to buy from this store.

I dunno. As a "middle-aged" SSF fart, for me it has more to do with that ol' saying: "If it looks too good to be true...," and having seen dozens of fellow Freaks getting bent over by scammers, than already owning the figures. I'm sure it's likely the same for SSF's old farts with an '05 joindate. :huh

Well, just because I don't post a lot doesn't mean I'm a noob, been trolling these forums for 3 years, haha, I'm not a post whore. Anyway, I'm gonna update you guys once I order my T1000 from this site.

I just ordered jack sparrow from them as well, wish me luck!

anyone else recently ordered from them and paid the invoice by receiving it through email and using paypal?

anyone else recently ordered from them and paid the invoice by receiving it through email and using paypal?

Yeah......this is how I paid for both my figures.

Ok well ordered my PredatorClassic.
Got my tracking info.
Sounds good to me.
I'll keep you updated ^^

I ordered from them and had a very smooth transaction. Got a War Machine. Guy even called me when something else was not in stock.

I just wire transfered them 300 euros for the Chris Redfield figure since I don't have a Paypal account.I'll let you guys know how the transaction went as soon as I receive the package.

Last edited:

I have decided to place an order via the site but I cannot seem to check out.

There is no check out button for some reason.

People seem to be having a good experience with this store. Maybe its time to change the thread title to be more accurate? Like "Unassociated Hot Toys Store"

I have decided to place an order via the site but I cannot seem to check out.

There is no check out button for some reason.
You have to talk to one of the employees on the site and they will help you,they have a chat in the right corner of the page.

You have to talk to one of the employees on the site and they will help you,they have a chat in the right corner of the page.

There's no one there right now but it's an odd way of doing it. I am sure they will reply.

Though I guess them sending paypal invoices first does add some security on there?!

Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

Prices seem a bit high on most stuff to me. Perhaps they buy their stuff off ebay "new" and then resell at the higher price for profit? Not sure.

However, I did notice that they say that they are not affiliated with Hot Toys themselves in their About Us description. That is good.

Re: Unofficial Hot Toys web-shop--legit?

So given the Hot Toys statement about them being accountable for any faults, which is all kinds of wrong for obvious reasons, what are 'official outlets'?

There's no one there right now but it's an odd way of doing it. I am sure they will reply.

Though I guess them sending paypal invoices first does add some security on there?!
I've seen a couple a days ago on a forum that they have a problem with their paypal account so that's why there's no checkout page.A guy posted on a forum this problem,he bought a figure from them,he got the figure and they refunded him saying they've got a problem with their paypal.When I first contacted them,they told me they will add a Credit Card payment option by the end of this month.

Last edited:
Back