Media WWE 2K16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Destroyous

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was hopeful and also skeptical but they delivered. ign scored it at 8.8 and it IS actually pretty good. I've had some pretty epic matches once you get better at kick outs and escaping submissions and I just realized while having one of my best matches HBK vs Taker that Theres a fatigued Sweet Chin Music animation from the corner. It looks so much better than when you do it with stamina. Afterwards you can slowly crawl over to your opponent for the pin. Very cool

Yes they did. I think they improved so much the mechanichs and overall the matchs feel more realistic. It is cool to build up a match.

I tried playing this game and jst got destroyed over and over. It's my first wrestling game since the AKI games on the N64 and it's a totally different animal. I'm terrible at it. Reversals and kick-outs still baffle me. I feel like I'm doing them right, but the game says I'm not. Frustrating.

I was a HUGE fan of the Smakdown! games on PS1 and PS2, I stopped buying these games during the PS3 era. Way back when I would always create the Terminator so hearing he's an actual DLC in this game is a childhood dream come true for me. I just might pick it up.

Oh, is the game good?

Yeah once you get good at reversing and kicking out of pins and learn everyone's idividual "abilities" and "skills" it's very good. Like some guys have that resiliency skill. Gives you a free kick out when desperate. But everything is also customizable too so. And like you can create up to 100 different alternate attires too I believe. I have 14 different sets of tights for Shawn Michaels ha. Seth Rollins is fun to use too but I'm pretty sure he and Brock are probably being used 70% of the time online. But hey that's cool. I don't play online too much anyway. Oh and that objective with Chain wrestling in the Austin Showcase against HBK is literally impossible on normal difficulty before you waste your time ha. You'll get the unlock though if you do it on easy so.

Yea im going to pick this up. Prob wait a bit for a price drop. the rosta is so much better this time.

I was a HUGE fan of the Smakdown! games on PS1 and PS2, I stopped buying these games during the PS3 era.
Same here. I got a couple on the 360 when it first came out, but that was over 10 years ago. I played the **** out of the PS2 ones, though. A buddy of mine and I would stay up until 4 in the morning. Those were good times. I like that Stunning Steve is in this one. If I were able to dedicate any serious time to playing videogames anymore I would probably get this one.

Does anyone know how to unlock the alternate attires for the current roster wrestlers? Like for Taker and Jericho it says play against them 3 times in rival matches in Universe Mode but I did that and nothing happened.

I rented this from Redbox last weekend and got about halfway thru the Stone Cold showcase. It was okay. Improved from last years. Just frustrating with the reversal system or having to do certain moves in the showcase to move the match/story forward.

Back