Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An 18" P1 probably will happen. But judging by the way previous releases have been, it's doubtful that NECA will release a figure more or as souped-up as the HT version. And NECA doesn't seem to do interchangeable heads for their Predator figures. At best, they'll release a bunch, each with one of the three head possibilities, but no other difference in packaging or accessories. Even that sounds highly unlikely, though :dunno.

With a big figure interchangeable heads would be appropriate.
If they did it for a 12 "Leonidas and a 12" Kratos, why not in a predator?

In 18 "is not three characters will buy because of the head.
This only works for de 7 "figures.

And it would be a pity if Tankmans work would be in vain.

I'm committed to this figure.

But NECA has stated TIME AND TIME AGAIN (a fact you keep ignoring) that sculpting Predators is MORE expensive than sculpting other figures.

So, even though they may have included interchangeable heads on other figures, it's not economically sound to do it with a Predator figure.

But, keep dreaming your dream...because that's the only way you'll see it happen. :wave

May be that was the Predator the most expensive figure.
But nothing when the final figures brigt look so bad.

For above-average well the 7 "figures are not.

The most expensive figures in the development-the cheapest in the production.:slap

Especially with such a popular figure, where tankman also taken the trouble has three heads make. The three heads are indeed cost money.
Would not it be packed one of the most expensive waste of these Neca figure.

Especially something like this would be very uneconomical.
For it should be what we have to use even when it's all.

Neca to make a Predator with three heads.
Or a Predator with a head and an exclusive set mt the remaining two heads.

For all the heads are great.

neca included 2 heads with their last 19 in jason. so they should with 19 in. predator.i hope.

Last edited:
neca will make more than enough money off the 7 inch sculpt of the p1, to be able to include an extra head with the 18 in. p1,
if not they need to close shop and go home,they're selling this same body twice as the classic predator, then in aboxset, then at least 4 more times as singles as p1, and then useing the body again for elder predator 2. there's really no excuse, not even cost, not to include an extra head, and a top notch paint job on a 18 in.p1.they will make a killing off this one sculpt.

That's exactly my opinion.
It's also not a question we ask now that they are still sculpt two heads.
We only want that they are still packaged with two heads were already sculptet in 14 ". The 2 Head Sculpts exist.

The most expensive figures in the development-the cheapest in the production.:slap

Wow...You work for NECA?!?!

You must be in charge of their finances to be able to just spout off at the mouth about what is cheapest for them to produce.
Especially since Kyle has stated that the Predators are one of the most expense to produce figures they have.

He must not have all of the information that you have.

Are you his boss?

Please...give us some more of your OBVIOUSLY insider information.

Like...what does Kyle like to do on his off time?

Or, what does Randy really like for breakfast?

:slap

Wow...You work for NECA?!?!

You must be in charge of their finances to be able to just spout off at the mouth about what is cheapest for them to produce.
Especially since Kyle has stated that the Predators are one of the most expense to produce figures they have.

He must not have all of the information that you have.

Are you his boss?

Please...give us some more of your OBVIOUSLY insider information.

Like...what does Kyle like to do on his off time?

Or, what does Randy really like for breakfast?

:slap

Maybe he meant this: Sometimes the most expensive figures to sculpt are the cheapest to produce.

You did say "sculpt" and not produce which is what you are saying here.

@Sabres21768

No, do you work for Neca?
Which information do you get from a single sentence of kyle?

The 7 "figures do not look like they were the most expensive figures, the paint jobs are just not good. Berserker looks terrible and Classic has his faults.
Some other Neca figures look a lot better.

The Predators were certainly not the most expensive figures in production, it's obvious.
The sculpts were certainly the most expensive, since Kyle has spent a lot of time for them.These are very complex and accurate.
I think that's the reason why Neca thinks these are the most expensive figures.

In any case a large predator must be done better (paint job) than the 7 "versions.
It seems that this is the major opinion here.

Finally saw the new Predators line in TRU today. All of them. You guys who think they look more accurate are crazy. From their piss poor paint apps to their out of scale jowls (I swear Classic's were ____ing close to 1:6 scale :lol), I didn't see anything that was remotely superior to HT as far as "accuracy" goes. Is this somehow miraculously different on the 18" figures or do they turn "perfection" into ____ during production?

@Sabres21768

The 7 "figures do not look like they were the most expensive figures, the paint jobs are just not good. Berserker looks terrible and Classic has his faults.

The Predators were certainly not the most expensive figures in production, it's obvious.
The sculpts were certainly the most expensive, since Kyle has spent a lot of time for them.These are very complex and accurate.

In any case a large predator must be done better (paint job) than the 7 "versions.

There's no point in arguing with you, who are an OBVIOUS troll, so I'm putting you on "ignore".

That way I don't have to read any more of your idiotic, poorly translated rambling.

Finally saw the new Predators line in TRU today. All of them. You guys who think they look more accurate are crazy. From their piss poor paint apps to their out of scale jowls (I swear Classic's were ____ing close to 1:6 scale :lol), I didn't see anything that was remotely superior to HT as far as "accuracy" goes. Is this somehow miraculously different on the 18" figures or do they turn "perfection" into ____ during production?

I don't analyse Predators to the degree that some do here but I just trust Tankman more when it comes to accuracy than I do the guys who gave us the Big Chap Alien...I'm not the most detail obsessed person when it comes to Aliens either but that one just failed miserably to look like the creature in the film except in the most basic 'its got a c__k for a head' sense. Now, I'm not saying thats the case with the new Hot Toys Predators or any of their other Predator figures, matter of fact I think most of them look amazing, but I believe these guys when they say NECAs are more accurate.

The classic and falconer predators that I have are fine when it comes to paint apps, but the berserker was bad. But anybody with a remote amount of skill can easily fix that, easily :lecture

They do have more accurate proportions than the HT figures. The reason you see the jowels as being the wrong size on this one is probably because you've been seeing it the wrong way on figures for too long!

I don't analyse Predators to the degree that some do here but I just trust Tankman more when it comes to accuracy than I do the guys who gave us the Big Chap Alien...I'm not the most detail obsessed person when it comes to Aliens either but that one just failed miserably to look like the creature in the film except in the most basic 'its got a c__k for a head' sense. Now, I'm not saying thats the case with the new Hot Toys Predators or any of their other Predator figures, matter of fact I think most of them look amazing, but I believe these guys when they say NECAs are more accurate.

Is it just in looks though? I'm not seein git.

The classic and falconer predators that I have are fine when it comes to paint apps, but the berserker was bad. But anybody with a remote amount of skill can easily fix that, easily :lecture

They do have more accurate proportions than the HT figures. The reason you see the jowels as being the wrong size on this one is probably because you've been seeing it the wrong way on figures for too long!

No. The open mouth didn't look remotely to scale with the ones I saw in the movie. Give me enough credit to recognize that. I think even the heartiest NECA fan would have to agree that taking the 1:6 mandibles and gluing them to a NECA figure would be horribly disproportionate. I'm trying hard to see what everybody sees in the NECA. dev'll tell ya the fact that I picked them up and seriously looked them over should say enough. The paint apps were bad on the super preds, which I can sort of agree with you there, but again, the open mandibles on Classic were ridiculously big. That's why I'm wondering if it's production that kills the accuracy everybody's raving about. OR, if like the T2 head, it's just certain aspects you're using from said sculpt to say it's superior.

@Sabres21768

They are expensive to produce because of all the small parts that have to be cast separately. Making all those molds costs money, the time it takes to put them together costs money, all the different paints on all the small details cost money and time. Thus, the Predator figures are some of the most expensive to produce.

They are expensive to produce because of all the small parts that have to be cast separately. Making all those molds costs money, the time it takes to put them together costs money, all the different paints on all the small details cost money and time. Thus, the Predator figures are some of the most expensive to produce.

By that rational though, they could've just molded all the small parts as one big piece and hired better painters. :huh

Well taking just the P1, a basic lookover of the NECA one doesn't reveal to me personally any feelings of 'hmm, not so sure about that, something seems wrong'. Whereas the Hot Toys face did create that response in me when I first saw it - before NECA was anywhere on the scene - with me eventually realising with the help of some other guys that the mouth was too red and the 'nose' area was too long - the face wasn't scrunched enough. Other than that it looked and looks good to me.

I'll have to have a gander at these oversized mandibles though, I haven't thought they were too big based on pics but maybe in person.

My plan is to hold off for the actual P1 figure but I can't rule out an impulse buy of the Predators figures if I see them in forbidden planet.

Berserker.jpg
Predatorcompare1.jpg
Predatorcompare2.jpg

If only we could get better paint apps. Wonder how much they'd have to raise NECA prices to improve that. Eh, probably enough to make shelling out a lot of money for a small figure redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back