Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? It has some little flaws which NECAs one doesn't but to say it looks 'nothing' like P1 is plain incorrect.

Nope, sorry. I just don't see the P1 pred that we all love in HT's head sculpt. No resemblance to me. I've always been impressed with HT's pred sculpts, but P1 is really out there.

his eyes are very different:
2ica2y9.jpg

Also the mouth and the curve of the head I do not like. For me the Neca's prototype has the same eyes.

Hmm, fair enough. I find the overlong nose and the overly red mouth the only real problems. Everything else looks fine to me. I happen to prefer the more furrowed brow of NECAs one but I wouldn't call the less furrowed brow of Hot Toys an innaccuracy.

yeah, the HT sculpt is really off. but, it's not like there's a better 1:6(ish) scale alternative. if NECA made their P1 in 1:6 scale, i'd get rid of my HT figure in a heartbeat. too bad they won't, more $$ for HT.

his eyes are very different:
2ica2y9.jpg

Also the mouth and the curve of the head I do not like. For me the Neca's prototype has the same eyes.

I'm not an uber Pred fan like some of you so I never noticed the inaccuracies untill seeing them side x side. The main thing that seems wrong to me on the HT one is the mouth is too red, his top fangs are a bit small and aswell as the eyes. His eyes should have a more wild look to em' and should be lighter in color. I'd still love to own the HT P1 though.

I gotta remember to bite my tongue here with all the lame fanboy bull____. In the end it's still a NECA thread and boundaries must be respected. :panic:

It does seem to be very fashionable around here lately to say how crap Hot Toys is with this huge influx of new members here for the NECA threads...ok a few new members - the rest of them were Flacco/selektiv etc

I did not understand what is the problem. Must be objective in looking at the details. Cheer for a toy company or another is a thing to children.
Objectively the sculpture of NECA is more faithful to the original Predator.

I did not understand what is the problem. Must be objective in looking at the details. Cheer for a toy company or another is a thing to children.
Objectively the sculpture of NECA is more faithful to the original Predator.

IMHO, it's all about the end result. NOT certain aspects of it. When you look at collectibles, you can always find a ray of sunshine in even the lamest toy if you ignore paint, articulation, etc. However, it's the whole picture that matters most. Despite "accuracies," when you look at the picture as a whole, one clearly stands above the other regardless of how much more "accurate" the other is. Ignoring that is more childish and almost blind devotion. So much so that you're ignoring the obvious. But again, I don't want this to get into a HT vs. NECA debate. There's plenty of that going on in another thread started by a ********* troll. And surprisingly, it's stayed civil for the most part. :lol

I'd like to see a Predator offering in the 1:6 department from NECA. Again, when you get into big pieces like the 1:4 scale, space becomes an issue and things like paint become even more important.

The versatility of the joints and good staining of HT does not call into question. The Neca's products cannot be compared. But personally I would spend all that money just for a 100% equal to the real figure. If Neca will produce 18 " of the first predator will be happy to list their strengths and weaknesses. The skill of the sculptor of Neca, suggesting that would be out a good representation of the predator. We hope that the coloring of a possible 18 " is on the same height of the sculpture.

Basically the ideal scenario is NECA loan Tankman to Hot Toys for sculpting Predators and Aliens...I'd even extend that to Terminator where he could at least advise the otherwise excellent Yulli on the correct dimensions of Arnold Schwarzenneggers face...shes got everything down except the length of his face - its the one thing that detracts from the awesomeness of the HT T-800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back