Would you buy a HOT TOYS George Clooney Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a Hot Toys George Clooney as Batman?

• Yes, to show my support!

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • Hell no!!! I don't need a Keaton THAT bad...

Votes: 118 76.1%

• Total voters
This is not Clooney by the way, it is Kilmer in his power suit.

batmanforever2.jpg

I would definitely be on board for this and suits from the other movies as well. Movie quality aside, I have always loved the designs of the suits used in these movies. As for the whole "nipple" debate... I always saw it as taking a classic armor type approach to the suits, much like the armor worn by Modred in Excalibur, a heightened ideal of the human physique. In Batmans case, I saw it as a way to make his suit appear to be like a man-beast to help frighten the criminals... But yeah, I'll take all the Bat suits and I'd love the Robin suits as well....

I'd buy one, but I'd hafta wait to see what the Pepsi Extreme/Taco Bell/Nabisco/Alpo tie-in would be. No one come between me and my hologram "collector" cups with 3-D lids!!!!

I can't say I agree with you there. Keaton is the most classic in my mind, but the lack of movement in the suit... I have to go with Begins as the best suit design.

Clooney looked horrible in the suit, I wouldn't buy it if it came with the cure for cancer.

Kilmer's suit was at least cool looking, sans nipples. But really, to me... only the Begins and Keaton suits are worth buying and having on the shelf.

Pass.

Clooney is a joke and his Batman films sucked.

Those films should be treated as if they never existed. Kinda like the first Hulk film... ;)

The batsuit works best when its simple - that's why I got the Takara Batman Begins, because I think in The Dark Knight it'll be jazzed up and I just wanted Batman in a simple dark suit. Out of the others I'd only buy Keaton.

Wouldn't you love to see a film one day where a buff Batman actually wears a grey and black cloth and leather suit, instead of a rubber and metal suit of armour?

Ironically enough I think Clooney would still make a great Batman - in twenty years time, in a straight adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

The short Batman film Dead End has a buff guy in spandex. Looks ok.
Clooney is too smarmy to play Batman IMHO.

The batsuit works best when its simple - that's why I got the Takara Batman Begins, because I think in The Dark Knight it'll be jazzed up and I just wanted Batman in a simple dark suit. Out of the others I'd only buy Keaton.

Wouldn't you love to see a film one day where a buff Batman actually wears a grey and black cloth and leather suit, instead of a rubber and metal suit of armour?

Ironically enough I think Clooney would still make a great Batman - in twenty years time, in a straight adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

Only in the comics. A batman that wears cloth/spandex wouldn't survive for one day. He would get shot, stabbed etc.. not to mention he would get laughed at for wearing his underpants over his suit.

:lecture:lecture:lecture
Here is a nice pic of Clooney is his reg suit:
Clooney_wings.jpg

Yeah, that's what happened to my Clooney pic too. I had to do a quick edit. Sorry I got the wrong pic, in the edit, but it makes no difference. The Bat suit in these later Batman movies was basically the same, a black armour suit. I still don't get why people don't like his suit in particular. It's basically the same as all the others. The movie sucked so the suit sucks, doesn't make any sense.

It's just the suit, it's the guy in the suit. Clooney just did not look intimidating at all in the suit, and I got tired of watching Batman's head bobble all over the place like Leno.

Maybe a Dina Meyer Batgirl would work too. How about Dina Meyer in a Teves outfit?

batmanforever2.jpg

batmanforever1.jpg

batmankeaton3.jpg

batmanbegins1.jpg

21981-batman_400.jpg

Keatons Can't Act his way out of a wet paper bag. He studdied under William Shatner.

is soo Agree MAte :)

All joking aside, i think the keaton films would have been loads better if they'd had better writing. Or perhaps it was burton's vision tht messed them up. not sure.

Only in the comics. A batman that wears cloth/spandex wouldn't survive for one day. He would get shot, stabbed etc.. not to mention he would get laughed at for wearing his underpants over his suit.

That my friend, Depends ENTIRELY on the man in the suit. There are people who are good eough to move out of the way, and distract their enimies as to not get hit, and disarm their oponents BEFORE they know they're under attack. Imagine, If a person like Bruce Lee, Or Jackie Chan were to wear the suit, i can see them getting away with a spandex, or other tight fitting suit.

Remember, First and Formost Batman IS a TERRORIST. He uses fear to scare his opponents into not attacking him, and make them make mistakes.

If any of our previous bat-men tried to be a hero in spandex, i agree, they'd get wasted. They'd need body-armor to make up for the lack of skill. But a real life martial artist, training every day for 15-20 years first? sure i could see it.

this is BESIDES how silly they'd look, nor the fact of potentialy getting arrested soon after for vigilantieism.

God I'm such a geek.

is soo Agree MAte :)

All joking aside, i think the keaton films would have been loads better if they'd had better writing. Or perhaps it was burton's vision tht messed them up. not sure.

Batman returns has the best script of all the bat movies. It is almost poetic sometimes, great dialogue, more a movie for adults. But i doubt you understand the story nor do you understand what Burton was trying to do with the character. Batman returns is rooted in silent films and german expressionism. Batman Return is not a batman movie, it is a Burton movie with batman in it. I think it is a masterpiece in the fantasy genre. Batman 89 is great to but in a different way.

Batman returns has the best script of all the bat movies. It is almost poetic sometimes, great dialogue, more a movie for adults. But i doubt you understand the story nor do you understand what Burton was trying to do with the character. Batman returns is rooted in silent films and german expressionism. Batman Return is not a batman movie, it is a Burton movie with batman in it. I think it is a masterpiece in the fantasy genre. Batman 89 is great to but in a different way.

And with that one line you make my point for me.
My friend, when i refer to a shoddy script, i refer more to the first batman, the '89 movie. out of the two, i thought returns was better. the story was fine, but i fealt too many liberties were taken with both Batman, and joker. There is an established story, with established characters. stick to those, don't reinvent the wheel. Make a batman film if that's what you're going to do, and don't do an homage to something that you love.
I'm a comic geek, so i see comic book movies from that perspective.
Also, said it before, and will say it again, i disaprove of Burton making batman into a Murderer. His films auto-fail on that alone.

Back