Worst casting decisions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese
Jessica Alba as Sue Storm
Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
John Boyega as Finn

and im going to call it early

Tom Holland as Nathan Drake

It seems you are biased against people whose name starts with the letter "J"
You must really hate J. Jonah Jameson, Jr. Jr. (III) with an absolute passion!

But the one I am going to throw into the ring is Samuel Jackson as Fury.

I have been on board with SJ as Fury ever since reading The Ultimates. But I have to agree, they could have pushed Fury much further with a younger actor to introduce some of that bat**** crazy Steranko-era Fury espionage.

MH4h1Iy.jpg

Ben Affleck as daredevil. Ben Affleck as Batman. Ben Affleck as anything.

Lol!!!

Personally, I will always hold Sophia Coppola in The Godfather 3 as the worst casting ever. She is at least 30% of why that film was not what it could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brie Larson as Captain Marvel

Totally agree. Brie Larson is a supporting actress at best. Putting her in a lead role wasnt a good idea.

People already listed some good bad ones. I'll raise you:

Netflix's The Witcher: Practically the whole cast except for Cavill and Joey Batey (Jaskier/Dandelion). I'm still reeling from what they did to Vilgefortz.
Fantastic Four (2015): Again, just about everybody. Though creative direction undeniably had a huge part in it.

It should be crime for what they did to Netflix?s The Witcher. So much potential.

The Witcher had some pretty horrendous casting decisions. It's startling that a series that's based on Slavic and Norse cultures would incorporate actors who clearly don't fit the demographic. I think Fringila was the most glaring. She becomes an eventual love interest for Geralt because she resembled Yennefer. Also, she's blood related to Ciri and a few other caucasian characters. So, I'm not sure how the show runners plan on explaining that one unless they change the backstory of some characters entirely.

Yeah the Witcher is pretty bad, very jarring to me. As a video game Witcher fan, the casting is tragic.....

I have been on board with SJ as Fury ever since reading The Ultimates. But I have to agree, they could have pushed Fury much further with a younger actor to introduce some of that bat**** crazy Steranko-era Fury espionage.

SLJ Fury just seems to yell at everything, like SLJ does in everything. I like more of a Kris Kristofferson from Blade kind of Fury.

Great timing - just watched The Little Things the other day (very average movie BTW), and couldn't believe how completely miscast Rami Malek was. Sooooooo bad, it was painfully awkward.

Great actor in his pocket - but this was pure cringe.

I will throw in Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander in the "Fantastic Beasts" movies. Redmayne has no likeability or charisma, and your franchise is never going to get off the ground if the audience can't endear themselves to your main protagonist. I find myself watching those movies and wanting the heroes to fail because of Redmayne.

John Boyega as Finn and Daisy Ridley as Rey in the Star Wars alt universe movies. Perhaps their characters are more the problem, but the actors themselves certainly don't help.

Keanu Reeves as Jonathan Harker in "Bram Stoker's Dracula".

Denise Richard as Dr. Christmas Jones in "The World Is Not Enough".

James Corden as The Baker in "Into The Woods". Or anything else he appears in, for that matter.

Last edited:
I will throw in Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander in the Fantastic Beasts movies. Redmayne has no likeability or charisma, and your franchise is never going to get off the ground if the audience can't endear themselves to your main protagonist. I find myself watching those movies and wanting the heroes to fail because of Redmayne.

I would disagree on this one. I think the point was to make him a social misfit. Perhaps even a bit on the aspergers lile personality.

I think they did a good job one that one.

Black and Brodie in Kong is a good one.

Also I?ll add Cate Capshaw as Willie I?m TOD.
Shes 90% of the reason I cannot watch that film. Her constant screeching and whining is grating and totally ruins the film.

Amy Sedaris in The Mandalorian. Her performance just screams budget direct to TV Christmas movie.

I agree that Idris Elba was horribly miscast as Roland in Dark Tower (not that it mattered in the end because that movie stunk). When you've lived with the book series for years and it's painfully obvious that Roland is an ageing Clint Eastwood man with no name type it doesn't work when he is a well dressed, cool and suave Elba. Matthew McConaughey from the same movie seemed like a good choice on paper for the man in black but his performance was hideous haha (Elba ironically was so much better than him).

I was basing my response solely on casting decisions that possibly impacted the movie's performance, not on an actor I didn't like, would have rather seen a different actor in a role, or didn't like the version of a character. If a movie makes a billion dollars I don't think it suffered from poor casting. There are several examples of castings I didn't necessarily agree with, or thought could have been better played by other actors, but most of those probably wouldn't have impacted performance one way or the other. There are also examples of poor film performance that shouldn't be blamed on the actor. Nobody could have saved Batman & Robin. That's why I couched my singling out of Dehaan. He's a talented actor, I just personally didn't think he was the right match for the role. I had been looking forward to Valerian because Besson has such a unique visionary style. But there were a number of other problems with that movie, so who knows if it would have performed any better with a different lead.

Channing Tatum as..... Well, take your pick... :rotfl

Almost all would be correctly identified as the worst casting decisions.

At least the comic fandom was spared at seeing his attempt at playing Gambit. :monkey4

Channing Tatum as..... Well, take your pick... :rotfl

Almost all would be correctly identified as the worst casting decisions.

At least the comic fandom was spared at seeing his attempt at playing Gambit. :monkey4

He did ace the role of the dumb jock/cop in the Jump Street movies. Of course no acting was required lol...

Back