Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great improvement as the later batch has the back feet not flush. :thud: even if you keep it, you will constantly look over your shoulder and have to worry, will it LEAN???

wow at this thread.
Glad they cancelled the Legendary Scale Indiana Jones now.
I'll never buy a LS statue from Sideshow based don this thread alone. $2000 + shipping to Oz is just not worth the hassle.

Go read the Mk 7 LSF thread for another Sideshow Halloween horror story.

Last edited:
I called him multiple times on his direct line and at the 800 number choosing the option for Returns. Kept getting their voicemails. After 45mins he finally picks up on the 800 number line and we talk for about 30mins. Without giving you guys the exact play by play I'll give you the highlights. I ask him if he saw that the statue was leaning(he received all of the pictures that I posted). He says that he nor his supervisor noticed it leaning. He says I could take additional pics that better show the lean. He says that the statue is handmade and that there will be differences in how the backfoot rests on the base. He says that the material stretching over the left knee is not a cause for replacement because its handmade. He says that it's okay for the statue to be a little dirty since Wolverine is walking through the mud. He says that you have to look at the statue from 2-3ft away and only the flaws noticed from that distance are considered to be issues. Anything that is up close is not considered an issue in their book. If they gave me a replacement they would pull from their replacement stock, put it together, look at it from 2-3ft away and as long it looks good to them that's what they'll send me. I dont buy a lot of statues from SS. I'm more of a PCSC and Hot Toys guy, but I can see why alot of people have been so upset with the customer service that they've been receiving from SS. Man was I heated. I told him that I'm going to return it and think my options over at that time.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm getting closer and closer to having a fire sale of all my SS stuff. This company sucks as of late. I hate what they are becoming. This is complete and utter garbage

I'm getting closer and closer to having a fire sale of all my SS stuff. This company sucks as of late. I hate what they are becoming. This is complete and utter garbage

:lecture. Slowly the decline of the biggest name in statue industry.

Great improvement as the later batch has the back feet not flush. :thud: even if you keep it, you will constantly look over your shoulder and have to worry, will it LEAN???

I'm definitely not keeping it. I told Daniel that I will be returning it for a full refund and he said ok, but he requested that I send him an e-mail to confirm that I would like to return it. I have not sent the e-mail yet though because I'm planning on asking him a few questions to see what "Sideshow's"/"Sideshows return departments" view is on the LSF line as well as this statue. It seems that they don't hold the LSF line to a higher standard. Here is their original quote from their website when the announcement was made:

"Sideshow Collectibles’ Legendary Scale Figures – Because Bigger is even Better

The increased size of Legendary Scale(TM) Figures provides Sideshow artisans with a larger creative ‘canvas,’ allowing added detail and realism in sculpture, paint application and costume fabrication. The larger sculptural base creates opportunity for pose realism and greater detail in a character’s likeness, facial expression, and defining features, including skin and hair texture, unique markings, and scarring. Similarly, the paint application can be executed with greater precision for more natural shading and subtle textural details. Larger clothing patterns provide opportunity for better fit and accuracy in costuming, including greater authenticity in fabric choices and finishes, and functional pockets, belts, and closures.

With their striking realism, refined detailing and commanding size, Legendary Scale(TM) Figures elevate a collection into a gallery display. Intended for pedestal or tabletop presentation, these centerpiece figures are designed to stand eye-to-eye with viewers, drawing them in and challenging them to enter the world of the character, inviting them to relive the journey. These commanding figures are lifelike showpieces unlike any other, capturing the essence and emotion of Pop Culture’s pinnacle characters.

Sideshow has established Legendary Scale(TM) as a term to describe big projects, as collectors have found with the Legendary Scale(TM) Bust series. The term Legendary Scale(TM) is a promise of bigger and better. The Legendary Scale(TM) brand allows the artists at Sideshow the freedom necessary to explore monstrously large characters, like Neytiri from Avatar and Sauron from The Lord of the Rings, in a large-scale size that still comfortably lends itself to display in a home or office environment. The Legendary Scale(TM) category will also provide a rich landscape for characters from various films and comic stories to be displayed together in a very complementary fashion. Although pieces may vary in true scale, Legendary Scale(TM) Figures will share a similar physical size and proportion.

Legendary Scale(TM) Figures offer collectors the most authentic representations of classic heroes and villains. These icons of comic, film and television have fueled the collective imagination for generations of fans, and none are more deserving of the reverence that these detailed and commanding figures comprise. With the greatest dedication to accuracy and authenticity, Sideshow Collectibles presents Legendary Scale(TM) Figures."

Their description of the LSF line and price point makes one think that they would hold these pieces to a higher standard. After talking to Daniel on Friday it seems that they don't care if its a $200 piece or a $2,000 piece. I'm going to tell him that in my e-mail response and will ask him to confirm if this is their mindset for me and other collectors so we know what to expect when contacting them regarding the LSF line in the future. I'm also going to ask a few more questions regarding the Wolverine LSF to have it in writing what their stand is on certain issues. I'll let you guys know what he/they say.

I hear you dude. I was so drained after I got off the phone with him due to how upset I was. I did not feel well the rest of the day. I initially got really worked up when I got the e-mail response because it seemed that they were purposely trying to screw me over and were not even remotely trying to help. He basically wrote "There's nothing wrong with your statue it looks fine to me/us. You can keep the crap we sent you and we'll give you $100 to go 'ef yourself or you can send it back and have nothing." :horror That's why I called so many times. I needed to give this guy a piece of my mind as well as hear his reasons for not helping me. He even tried to pull that "Wolverine should be a little dirty since he's walking through the mud" that he gave War N Resin. :lol It was a little funny, but I was more upset that he was insulting my intelligence and I told home that "I'm not buying that". " His boots have the mud splash effect, but the rest of him is supposed to be clean". I could go on and on about the excuses, but I think you guys have an idea what I went through.

I hear you dude. I was so drained after I got off the phone with him due to how upset I was. I did not feel well the rest of the day. I initially got really worked up when I got the e-mail response because it seemed that they were purposely trying to screw me over and were not even remotely trying to help. He basically wrote "There's nothing wrong with your statue it looks fine to me/us. You can keep the crap we sent you and we'll give you $100 to go 'ef yourself or you can send it back and have nothing." :horror That's why I called so many times. I needed to give this guy a piece of my mind as well as hear his reasons for not helping me. He even tried to pull that "Wolverine should be a little dirty since he's walking through the mud" that he gave War N Resin. :lol It was a little funny, but I was more upset that he was insulting my intelligence and I told home that "I'm not buying that". " His boots have the mud splash effect, but the rest of him is supposed to be clean". I could go on and on about the excuses, but I think you guys have an idea what I went through.

Yeah bro I know War and Resin and I've seen the youtube Vid pertaining to the local comic shop purchase. I think it's actually in this thread. It's complete BS that they would take this stance. Not just once but on multiple occasions. 130 million dollar company that lately seems to love giving the middle finger to the collectors that helped build them. I watch people settle for chips and flaws on the regular now. To each their own its their money but it absolutely blows my mind when I hear the "you can't even see it from 2 feet away" excuse. And people will rush into conversation to defend this crap blindly!!! It's mind boggling to me. Just watch. Someone will take my post, your post, or someone's else's post. Well be made out to be entitled whiny and picky jerk offs.

SS can do no wrong:lecture

I'm definitely not keeping it. I told Daniel that I will be returning it for a full refund and he said ok, but he requested that I send him an e-mail to confirm that I would like to return it. I have not sent the e-mail yet though because I'm planning on asking him a few questions to see what "Sideshow's"/"Sideshows return departments" view is on the LSF line as well as this statue. It seems that they don't hold the LSF line to a higher standard. Here is their original quote from their website when the announcement was made:

"Sideshow Collectibles’ Legendary Scale Figures – Because Bigger is even Better

The increased size of Legendary Scale(TM) Figures provides Sideshow artisans with a larger creative ‘canvas,’ allowing added detail and realism in sculpture, paint application and costume fabrication. The larger sculptural base creates opportunity for pose realism and greater detail in a character’s likeness, facial expression, and defining features, including skin and hair texture, unique markings, and scarring. Similarly, the paint application can be executed with greater precision for more natural shading and subtle textural details. Larger clothing patterns provide opportunity for better fit and accuracy in costuming, including greater authenticity in fabric choices and finishes, and functional pockets, belts, and closures.

With their striking realism, refined detailing and commanding size, Legendary Scale(TM) Figures elevate a collection into a gallery display. Intended for pedestal or tabletop presentation, these centerpiece figures are designed to stand eye-to-eye with viewers, drawing them in and challenging them to enter the world of the character, inviting them to relive the journey. These commanding figures are lifelike showpieces unlike any other, capturing the essence and emotion of Pop Culture’s pinnacle characters.

Sideshow has established Legendary Scale(TM) as a term to describe big projects, as collectors have found with the Legendary Scale(TM) Bust series. The term Legendary Scale(TM) is a promise of bigger and better. The Legendary Scale(TM) brand allows the artists at Sideshow the freedom necessary to explore monstrously large characters, like Neytiri from Avatar and Sauron from The Lord of the Rings, in a large-scale size that still comfortably lends itself to display in a home or office environment. The Legendary Scale(TM) category will also provide a rich landscape for characters from various films and comic stories to be displayed together in a very complementary fashion. Although pieces may vary in true scale, Legendary Scale(TM) Figures will share a similar physical size and proportion.

Legendary Scale(TM) Figures offer collectors the most authentic representations of classic heroes and villains. These icons of comic, film and television have fueled the collective imagination for generations of fans, and none are more deserving of the reverence that these detailed and commanding figures comprise. With the greatest dedication to accuracy and authenticity, Sideshow Collectibles presents Legendary Scale(TM) Figures."

Their description of the LSF line and price point makes one think that they would hold these pieces to a higher standard. After talking to Daniel on Friday it seems that they don't care if its a $200 piece or a $2,000 piece. I'm going to tell him that in my e-mail response and will ask him to confirm if this is their mindset for me and other collectors so we know what to expect when contacting them regarding the LSF line in the future. I'm also going to ask a few more questions regarding the Wolverine LSF to have it in writing what their stand is on certain issues. I'll let you guys know what he/they say.

Great post and that's exactly the problem. Hope you get a complete refund and can move on to getting a collectible that will make you happy when you get it instead of making you completely ill.

"He says that you have to look at the statue from 2-3ft away"

:fireworks the best business model EVERRRR!!!:fireworks
HEY anyone want to invest with me , here the deal i want to make 2k$ product that only good if seen 2-3feet away or orrr orrr even beettterrr it Only good if it can be seen Good and flawless for 3.5 - 4 feet away!!!
easy money people....

out of million people only rodimus who dont want this great business model . my slogan will be
"FUD OFF Because True beauty is 4 feet away"

"He says that you have to look at the statue from 2-3ft away"

:fireworks the best business model EVERRRR!!!:fireworks
HEY anyone want to invest with me , here the deal i want to make 2k$ product that only good if seen 2-3feet away or orrr orrr even beettterrr it Only good if it can be seen Good and flawless for 3.5 - 4 feet away!!!
easy money people....

out of million people only rodimus who dont want this great business model . my slogan will be
"FUD OFF Because True beauty is 4 feet away"

Yeah, that's a pretty sorry excuse for a $2,000+ collectible that sits 2.5 feet tall x 2.75 feet wide x 1.7 feet deep. Of course a piece of that scale is going to have people walking right up to it. :slap

Great idea MM, we should open a new company that sells statues that can only be view from 3 ft away :rotfl

This statue is wrought with casting issues. The molds weren't vented properly and the thighs have huge baseball sized bubbles in them. They snap in shipping. Super hard to fix. Doable for $300.

This statue is wrought with casting issues. The molds weren't vented properly and the thighs have huge baseball sized bubbles in them. They snap in shipping. Super hard to fix. Doable for $300.

Not according to SS customer service :rotfl

The guys whos statue landed on the floor said the snapped peg had air bubbles in the break.
Worrying.

I returned the one with all the issues to SS yesterday. I called a local comic and collectibles shop today and found that they had one new in the box from the 1st run. I went over to take a look. Told them I would buy it if it was in good shape and they let me put it together and inspect it before purchasing it. MAN what a difference between the 1st and 2nd run! Even with the documented issues the 1st run has it is so much better than the 2nd provided you don't have any major or obvious flaws. 1st run has many more pro's than the 2nd run. I ended up purchasing it as it was in excellent shape. Wish I still had the one I purchased from SS so I could do a side by side. I took a lot of pics of the one I returned before shipping it out though. I will take pics of the one I just purchased soon to show you guys all the differences.

Last edited:
I returned the one with all the issues to SS yesterday. I called a local comic and collectibles shop today and found that they had one new in the box from the 1st run. I went over to take a look. Told them I would buy it if it was in good shape. MAN what a difference between the 1st and 2nd run! Even with the documented issues the 1st run has it is so much better than the 2nd provided you don't have any major or obvious flaws. 1st run has many more pro's than the 2nd run. I ended up purchasing it as it was in excellent shape. Wish I still had the one I purchased from SS so I could do a side by side. I took a lot of pics of the one I returned before shipping it out though. I will take pics of the one I just purchased soon to show you guys all the differences.

Congrats my friend :clap glad it worked out in the end ;)

Now you have me worry of the Superman, batman second batch or third batch. Newer release, SS cutting corners :thud:

Back