Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well not apple to apple :). Unless the XM is also 1:2 :wink1:

I believe XM will release 1/2 scale pieces soon perhaps but this is just a judgement on sculpt of course ;) The XM 1/4 wolverine is a very nice piece, which is why I will order, but at present it still has it's problems although XM are aware and seem to be targeting them (portrait is obvious example). Best 1/4 scale wolverine production retail piece in all likelehood, but still probably third to Francois custom 1/4 commission (wolverine on tree) and the awesome wolverine vs ninjas custom dio (which is my favourite custom)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just paid off the balance on my flexpay order for my Wolverine LSF. Very excited that I'll finally have my very own Wolvie in the next few days. Hopefully everything will be perfect. It's a bit of a nail-bitter for me.

So what did Sideshow have to say about this incident? Mine is still in the box.. and when i inspected it.. i didn't notice and leaning issues.. but my fear is it'll lean eventually when i display it. your thoughts?

Finally made time to get all the pictures together to show you guys some issues with the Wolverine that I received and how it should've been. Would love some input from all of you especially those who have this statue.

First and biggest issue is that the statue is leaning. =(

Should've been nice and straight like Sideshow's prototype and what others have received:

Don't want to end up like this guy as I'm sure it would:

Last edited:
The 2nd issue is that the rear foot is not sitting on the footprint. I've reviewed multiple pictures and have seen this in other owner's photos, but I've always believed it to be an issue because in SS's prototype and the 1st batch/run of this statue the feet aligned and sat properly on top of the footprint.

Pics of Sideshow's prototype. Rear foot sitting properly over the footprint.

Pics of other's rear foot sitting properly over the footprint.

Another issue that bugs the crap out of me is that the suit does not wrap around Wolverine's left tigh as it's supposed to and instead stretches around the bend. Here's mine:

SS's prototype:

Owner pics:

Last edited:
Another issue with mine is that the stitching is not as clean as i've seen on others Wolverine statues. Biggest and most noticeable issue is the black stitching on the shoulders. Here's mine:

Good stitching on other owners statues:

Other paint flaws on mine:

Will write to SS to request a replacement.

Last edited:
Hey brother, firstly congrats on receiving your Wolvie LSF, albeit not quite the way you wanted to recieve him :( You need to 100% get a body replacement (purely for the lean reason alone) that right foot should totally cover the footprint and yours clearly shows that there appears to be a connection issue with either the peg of the statue or the actual hole in the base :dunno maybe worth investigating more closely to see which part is causing the foot to align correctly.

As for the paint issues, again, for a $2K piece - I'd definitely ask for a head replacement. Although some of them are easy touch ups, its something that yyou shouldn't even be considering when paying the money you have so the issues on the nose and on top of the head would definitely warrant a replacement imo.

Other than that it looks great buddy! :hi5: Keep us posted :)

I've been down this road. I got a replacement Wolverine after 6 months. The production on this run was totally different including not only the the shape of the joints that connects together but also the weight in things like the base and head. The way that the statue fits into the base is totally different. The magnets were a lot stronger and the joints were far more uniform. Be warned, I tried to use replacement parts on my faulty first one, but they did not work because each joint was unique. This may have changed in the next production run.

My replacement also has the back footprint issue, no lean though. The back footprint issue is a result of the change in the way the statue sits into the base and I think you'll only find it in the later runs. The magnets are far better however, and provided it doesn't come with a lean already, I doubt it had the potential to topple because of the way it's inserted. Nonetheless bloody annoying QC issues again from SS. Sideshow said the others were the same when I asked for a replacement because of the footprint issue. Typical of them. Do they even care anymore? I note they never comment in the forums on QC like XM does. I'll be keeping mine for now - seeing as it took 12 months to recieve an 'almost as advertised' I paid for.

Back