Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap ES matters.

Always has and always will. It even matters to SSC. All their pieces would have open ES if it didn't. They KNOW they would be out of businss if they have open ES on all their merch. Most of us would stop collecting SSC product if everything had an open ES.

Always has and always will. It even matters to SSC. All their pieces would have open ES if it didn't. They KNOW they would be out of businss if they have open ES on all their merch. Most of us would stop collecting SSC product if everything had an open ES.

+1 Exactly

+2 :exactly:

Well, I guess it depends on what in this hobby for: profit or collecting. :dunno

Stoods, I firmly believe it is OK to be in it for both. As a collector, I buy a piece because I like it first and foremost. However, I can't say that I feel good if a piece I buy drops in price on the aftermarket. I'm not looking to make a killer profit (although I wouldn't mind), but I would like to see the pieces I buy maintain their value. I do not know a single person that likes losing money. I hardly ever sell what I buy. I buy it because I want it and think it looks great.

Let me ask you this. How long would you (or anyone else) be in this hobby if you are picking up multiple statues at $350-$500 a pop.....only to see every one of them selling for $200-$300 in the aftermarket? That is what would happen with an open ES. I couldn't justify that kind of loss for my hobby. I think most of us would walk away if that happened. I would.

Well, I guess it depends on what in this hobby for: profit or collecting. :dunno

Seem like if a collector has a profit commited a sin.
Where is the point?

EVERYONE collecting EVERYTHING from stamps to coins passing by empy cans or cocacola bottles try to collect something that will appreciate his value in the future.

It is VERY stupid to think who collect statues don´t like to see the price of their pieces rise.

Heres a closer look at the excellent unmasked head that Sideshow is denying its costumers.

DSC_2406DesktopResolution.jpg

Last edited:

I noticed here many people assume if somebody like to see an ES that person must be a flipper :slap

Could a regular collector sell statues due to any reasons other than to make a profit? Of course they could. People sold statues for many reasons maybe they loss their jobs, they run out of space, they want to change the lines they collect, or simply there are better statues out there than the ones that they already have. Why would anyone want to lose money when they sell their collectible items? I am sure most people would like to see their collectibles are maintaining their values at least when they sell they get what they paid for.

I paid other collectors ( or some may call them flippers) for some RARE statues that I like and I don't mind paying them a lot more than retail because this is what collectible should be. I believe a grail looking statue should increase in value not decrease :slap

If you own a doom PF EX that you bought for $350 and you promised to yourself that you would never sell it, which of this scenario would you rather see? Your doom PF EX in after market is selling for $250 or it's selling for $2500? :cuckoo: Even if you don't plan to sell it would it not make you feel better if you know you have a collectible that everyone wants it and worth a lot more than what you paid? What is the pride of owning a grail piece if you know anyone can buy it at anytime at a retail price or even lower? :dunno

Can you imagine if all sideshow statues are open ES? Do you think people will collect just because they look nice? :cuckoo:

I noticed here many people assume if somebody like to see an ES that person must be a flipper :slap

Could a regular collector sell statues due to any reasons other than to make a profit? Of course they could. People sold statues for many reasons maybe they loss their jobs, they run out of space, they want to change the lines they collect, or simply there are better statues out there than the ones that they already have. Why would anyone want to lose money when they sell their collectible items? I am sure most people would like to see their collectibles are maintaining their values at least when they sell they get what they paid for.

I paid other collectors ( or some may call them flippers) for some RARE statues that I like and I don't mind paying them a lot more than retail because this is what collectible should be. I believe a grail looking statue should increase in value not decrease :slap

If you own a doom PF EX that you bought for $350 and you promised to yourself that you would never sell it, which of this scenario would you rather see? Your doom PF EX in after market is selling for $250 or it's selling for $2500? :cuckoo: Even if you don't plan to sell it would it not make you feel better if you know you have a collectible that everyone wants it and worth a lot more than what you paid? What is the pride of owning a grail piece if you know anyone can buy it at anytime at a retail price or even lower? :dunno

Can you imagine if all sideshow statues are open ES? Do you think people will collect just because they look nice? :cuckoo:
well said.
:clap:clap

I posted this awhile back. And its still my POV about the no ES at order time.
occulum said:
I know this will sound like Im blown SS, but I truly think they post a TBD ES during preorders in a true attempt to keep the ES realistically/reasonably low. I think they've been/are being stung by pre-NRD cancellation floods with shelves full of unsold product due to the old school "knee-jerk PReOrder/Shipdate-Cancellation" combo of yesterday.
Keeping a TBD allows them to not get too dicked over by making the wrong PO ES number guess.
THink about it. Theyre gonna charge an NRD now no matter what. It makes business sense. So given that, lets say they guess too low on the PO ES, ... nerds are up in arms cause Joe didn't get one cause he lives in Mars and works 3rd shift. They guess too high ... then the nerds buy even FEWER then normal cause the nerds think the number on the bottom is what makes the piece... so SS is ____ed again!

Just look at their In-Stock list. Trust me. They don't like it. Their warehouse is full and its not by their choice. They would MUCH RATHER HAVE YOUR MONEY than their warehouse full of product.

Also, keep in mind SS is not dumb. SS, more than anybody, knows a Low ES could potentially = a Grail. Which in turn = Nerd Hype. Which in turn = Nerd Envy = Nerd Flip = Nerd Flock = Nerd $$$.

The logical smart choice here is to put up a TBD ES. Have a pocket ES tolerance set out. Make a cut-off if it starts going too crazy cause a high ES = low secondary market value. (again. They're not dumb). And try to please the majority of their collectors as best they can w/o going too crazy with the ES for high profile pieces.
And the best part would be them being able to keep a LOW ES when the orders truly don't come thru. THat keeps them from having product filling up their warehouse and also keep some collectors happy with some low ES products.

SS are as big of nerds as you are. They want to keep this ____ going even MORE than you do.
Just please always keep in mind its also a business before you call the Wambulance .....

This is a large expensive piece. THe collectors will keep the ES low with only select collectors being able to afford and/or have space to display it.
Just because they don't show the ES right now doesn't mean it will not possibly end up very low.

I love to flip, I love low editions but I'd never put that mentality into a piece starting at 2K retail. Its already out of 90% of collectors price range. The edition will be low. Being 2K your already paying "Grail" price.

ok guys...so is it open es or is there an es? tot they are keeping it open es like the iron man and neytri :dunno :(

I posted this awhile back. And its still my POV about the no ES at order time.

This is a large expensive piece. THe collectors will keep the ES low with only select collectors being able to afford and/or have space to display it.
Just because they don't show the ES right now doesn't mean it will not possibly end up very low.

Bro, they don't show the ES right now because this is an open ES. There will be no ES for this line.

ok guys...so is it open es or is there an es? tot they are keeping it open es like the iron man and neytri :dunno :(

Dont forget Darth maul and T-800 Endoskeleton 1:2 Scale also has open ES.

I cant see this Wolvie or the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi being any different.

that's the reason im getting confused ,as some are saying theres an es.
:slap

Ok let me set you straight

There is no numbers on the base (No ES)
However it will eventually have an ES, they will stop production and say there were X, numbered produced!

Plus think about it, how many of these do you think they will sell @2k? Not many....
So there will be way less made than most statues they sell and after they stop production, the price will slowly go up.
So in fact this has a virtual ES less than most sought after statues.

Back