Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fear, does not factor in for a sale in this statue! That's not a great argument.

Those who buy this now have no fear! Money is not a big issue.

If your fearful, go away and hide under a hole! (Im just saying, not directed at you)

You are TOTALLY wrong,
the FEAR is what drive this market.

What is that make you preorder an exclusive?

THE FEAR that the EX will sell out and will be only the normal available.

You are TOTALLY wrong,

Fear is only one reason....

But you are trying to fit this theory into a whole new equation, it simply does not apply here, since there is no ES!

I dont buy Hulk or IM just because I am fearful? Do you? I buy because I think its great art!

Fear is only one reason....

But you are trying to fit this theory into a whole new equation, it simply does not apply here, since there is no ES!

I dont buy Hulk or IM just because I am fearful? Do you? I buy because I think its great art!

Who said "just because", we said that is a marketing technique.
The same of the big TAGS when there are SALES in the Malls, the say LAST DAYS.
Or they say LAST PIECES even when they have in the warehouse plenty.

Is the "worry" about the piece selling out that make you press the button faster (not only because it is a nice replica of a fine art).

You are TOTALLY wrong,

:cuckoo: You sure know how to simplify things.
If the sculpt and paint sucks it would be hard to sell no matter how limited it is. No one is saying that fear isn't a factor but to say that it is the only factor is just stupid.

Fear, does not factor in for a sale in this statue! That's not a great argument.

Those who buy this now have no fear! Money is not a big issue.

If your fearful, go away and hide under a hole! (Im just saying, not directed at you)

So are you saying if sideshow set 500 ES for this statue nobody who maybe on the fence would pull a trigger because they fear they may pay $3000 after this sold out?

I know you feel anyone should not purchase a statue based on fear but the reality is many are and I don't think it's wrong with that.

My argument is sideshow could sell more of these if they set up an ES. I know you will buy this regardless if this statue has edition size or not. But would you mind if this statue has an ES? What could possibly be a disadvantage for people who are ready to pay this statue now if this statue has an ES?

Ok your entire point is that these will sell for less than retail, yes we get that.

But so what is the point?

I have had this statue the longest. I tell you, I will sell my Hulk PF, Akuma Shin PF #8, and many more grail pieces before I sell my beloved IM 1:2 and in the future this LSF! These are peices you tend to keep unless you must sell.

Do you know why? Because to some of us its not the few hundred we lose but how much enjoyment we get from the work of art we most appreciate. It is not about the money at the end of the day.

At the end, and especially for this line..... people buy these for an entirely different reason than the ES!

I have said it many times, if you want to invest dont buy statues!! :slap

Go invest money with much more potential for growth, there are many wise financial advisors here, they can help :lecture

AMEN! Brother Averone...can't agree more!

So I'd also like to add my two cents.........
Now maybe we can discuss quality of the item once it releases here, instead of endless days of SSC suck, and their unfair, and they treat us like crap.. and what's my statue worth today over next year. Most of us buy it to enjoy, not to stock our financial portfolio.. if it's too much, or not your thing move onto a topic that is..

Buy to enjoy.. Ive sold 100's of figures, statues, PF's etc... and I'm still in the hobby and remember starting with Sideshow buying Universal Monster big Heads.. and 8" figures when they sold to T-R-US. If you feel unhappy, cheated, disillusioned, taken advantage of, or bamboozled... hmmm the smart thing to do is get out of the hobby, move on, and find some other hobby or CO that makes you happy, and will be run the way you want it to... If your spending your last dime and or any of your money that should go to a better place, like, school, rent, mortgage, or bills... your in this for the wrong reasons....

I've just discovered how fun it is to collect Hot Toys with the new DX line, off to have fun... I've spent too much time even commenting on this stuff... :)

Last edited:
My argument is sideshow could sell more of these if they set up an ES. I know you will buy this regardless if this statue has edition size or not. But would you mind if this statue has an ES? What could possibly be a disadvantage for people who are ready to pay this statue now if this statue has an ES?

And you can prove that how? What ES would you set it at to maximize sales?

:cuckoo: You sure know how to simplify things.
If the sculpt and paint sucks it would be hard to sell no matter how limited it is. No one is saying that fear isn't a factor but to say that it is the only factor is just stupid.

Who said is THE ONLY factor?? Why you put words in the mouth of people who have never been said?

A statue that sucks....SUCKS.
Look Dastan, 175 pieces, https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3000401&ref=learnmore_3000401
EXCLUSIVE, price rebate.. .. and not selling out.

ALL the market of collectibles spin around THE FACT that if in the future you want to buy something that is not anymore available you WILL have to pay more.

If something is always available is NOT a collectible,
it´s MASS MARKET.:lecture

Who said is THE ONLY factor?? Why you put words in the mouth of people who have never been said?

I think it was you that said so :dunno

You are TOTALLY wrong,

A statue that sucks....SUCKS.
Look Dastan, 175 pieces, https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3000401&ref=learnmore_3000401
EXCLUSIVE, price rebate.. .. and not selling out.

ALL the market of collectibles spin around THE FACT that if in the future you want to buy something that is not anymore available you WILL have to pay more.

If something is always available is NOT a collectible,
it´s MASS MARKET.:lecture

You are undermining your own argument if you hadn't notice.
Other factors such as price, sculpt, choice of character also dictate the market as proven by your example.

I can't prove it just like you can't prove that sideshow would make more profit by making this line an open ES. The fact that none of us here can prove it, we have this argument. If one of us has the prove, there would be no reasons to argue.

That is a decision that a SERIOUS Company (and SIDESHOW IS NOT) should take by calculating the potential buyers.
The number should be big enough to generate a profit and small enough to generate a demand.

Otherwise if you want to "milk" customers like SSC does,
open a preorder for a Darth Vader bust with a TBD,
then produce as many pieces you need.
Then change the TBD with a "Limited Edition" (limited to what? 1000? 2000? one million pieces? Limited mens NOTHING if you dont give a number) and produce as many pieces you want.

After 2 years there is still demand?? Voilá...... let´s "milk" the cow again by making a new preorder: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2973&ref=learnmore_2973

Of course the tag: Limited Edition it´s still there to make new customers believe they are willing to buy something that has a limited production.... ahahahahahha these guys at SSC are "smart". :yess:

I can't prove it just like you can't prove that sideshow would make more profit by making this line an open ES. The fact that none of us here can prove it, we have this argument. If one of us has the prove, there would be no reasons to argue.

Exactly. None of us can prove anything. Which is why I'm not saying an open ES is the best choice. Only time will tell if this is the correct decision.

Yet so many of you are eager to tell Sideshow that they are wrong for choosing this strategy with no proof at all. All I'm doing is pointing out how baseless some of you are.

I think it was you that said so :dunno

You are undermining your own argument if you hadn't notice.
Other factors such as price, sculpt, choice of character also dictate the market as proven by your example.

Seem like you don´t want to understand,
what make someone pay 4,000 bucks for a T-X ?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...inemaquette&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1

The fear that in future it will cost 5000 or more,
surely not because you think it will cost less.

Seem like you don´t want to understand,
what make someone pay 4,000 bucks for a T-X ?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...inemaquette&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1

The fear that in future it will cost 5000 or more,
surely not because you think it will cost less.

How about I can afford to pay for a $4,000 collectible and the T-X is my favorite terminator? The sculpt looks awesome and it will look great in my collection.

That is a decision that a SERIOUS Company (and SIDESHOW IS NOT) should take by calculating the potential buyers.
The number should be big enough to generate a profit and small enough to generate a demand.

Yeah I'm sure you also believe that as long as people work hard enough they can predict the stock market and make pigs fly.

Last edited:
Exactly. None of us can prove anything. Which is why I'm not saying an open ES is the best choice. Only time will tell if this is the correct decision.

Yet so many of you are eager to tell Sideshow that they are wrong for choosing this strategy with no proof at all. All I'm doing is pointing out how baseless some of you are.

Didn't you say you are sure Sideshow have done their homework and worked out that they will make more money with this business model. Aren't you also baseless here? :dunno

Didn't you said you are sure Sideshow have done their homework and worked out that they will make more money with this business model. Aren't you also baseless here? :dunno

I did say that and it was to emphasize that Sideshow didn't choose this strategy by thowing a dart or by pulling it out of a hat.

I'm sure you'll agree that is a reasonable assumption to make with any business trying to make the best decision possible.

Last edited:
I did say that and it was to emphasize that Sideshow didn't choose this strategy by thowing a dart or by pulling it out of a hat.

I'm sure you'll agree that is a reasonable assumption to make with any business trying to make the best decision possible.

Yes, I agree with you there. But I am also sure you will agree that we can't assume a company will always make the right decision. Sideshow like any other companies could make a mistake even though they did not intend to make one.

Yes, I agree with you there. But I am also sure you will agree that we can't assume a company will always make the right decision. Sideshow like any other companies could make a mistake even though they did not intend to make one.

Of course not. There are plenty of companies out there that make terrible decisions. There are also plenty of companies that are validated for not listening to the consumer and sticking to their guns.

Sideshow are just taking the first few baby steps with their LSF line. I imagine that this is how their strategy will be for the first few figures. Who knows, they may use this strategy to gauge demand for 1:2 figures and in the future decide to have the ES set.

All I'm saying is to give it a chance and not to hastily chastise Sideshow for their decisions right now.

Of course not. There are plenty of companies out there that make terrible decisions. There are also plenty of companies that are validated for not listening to the consumer and sticking to their guns.

Sideshow are just taking the first few baby steps with their LSF line. I imagine that this is how their strategy will be for the first few figures. Who knows, they may use this strategy to gauge demand for 1:2 figures and in the future decide to have the ES set.

All I'm saying is to give it a chance and not to hastily chastise Sideshow for their decisions right now.

Hope you are right. And for the record I am not hastily chastise Sideshow decision making here. I just happen to believe it would be a better decision if they make it a close ES and wish they do. I've been saying that sideshow is the best statue maker company in the world and my point of view has not changed in fact sideshow is the only collectible I own. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with every single decision they make.

Back