Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So if you don´t agree,
explain the reason why you think a Legendary Scale should cost 6 times a Premium Format.

Because there is more polyresin???
Because the clothes are 2x times bigger so they use few more inches of fabric?

I am all over this one. I am just going to wait awhile to order. I am thinking around 2042 I will have this bad boy in my basement. They should still be producing them at that point, right? No ES means lifetime order-ability.

Besides, I can't stand the PF fabric syndrome. WTF would they even consider crappy fabrics to cover-up one of the best, (If not the best), sculptor they have in their stable?

Martin Canale & Pablo Viggiano's work should always be full sculpts, & never covered up, period. :slap

Fully sculpted everytime, all the time for me. Hell, I wouldn't even pay for the Wolvie PF. I can tell you that this is the easiest pass I've had in awhile. Now if it was fully sculpted and had all 3 COH, I would toss down the 2k without even blinking. Wolverine is one of my favorite characters. I wanted to buy this piece. No COH, cheezy cloth, and 2k price tag is why I passed. Passing on a Martin Canale sculpt in this scale, of one of my favorite characters, is something I didn't think was possible. SSC somehow made it happen for me.

Fully sculpted everytime, all the time for me. Hell, I wouldn't even pay for the Wolvie PF. I can tell you that this is the easiest pass I've had in awhile. Now if it was fully sculpted and had all 3 COH, I would toss down the 2k without even blinking. Wolverine is one of my favorite characters. I wanted to buy this piece. No COH, cheezy cloth, and 2k price tag is why I passed. Passing on a Martin Canale sculpt in this scale, of one of my favorite characters, is something I didn't think was possible. SSC somehow made it happen for me.

My goal is to make you think twice, you just wait till he gets here ;)

My goal is to make you think twice, you just wait till he gets here ;)

Sorry Alex. This is a GREAT sculpt. However, unless you strip the PJs off this sculpt and have it converted to a fully sculpted piece, my opinion won't change. This is just my feeling in general when it comes to cloth on statues. I never have liked the look. The only PFs I have liked have had a more leather like look to the costumes. There is not a single PF made that has an all cloth costume that I like. Not one.

That all being said, I can't wait to see your pics. I have always looked forward to pics of any piece you own. You have some serious skill with a camera Bro.

sideshow's probably just making these an open ES just to give more collectors more time & options to get these 1:2 scale statues. there's nothing devious going on

It is a SHAME they want a preorder and a NON refundable 400 dollars deposit WITHOUT revealing HOW MANY pieces they will produce...

ARE THEY NUTS??? :cuckoo:

Here we are not talking about a piece that cost 200/300 dollars, here we are talking about 2000 dollars!!

It will make a BIG difference if they will produce 50 or 500 pieces of it or even WORSE if it will be an Open Edition like the Life-Size Darth Vader Bust.

Sideshow lately want a NO RISK Granted Business.

I am really surprised at the backlash and enmity being directed towards Sideshow regarding their pricing.
I believe I am in the minority who feel that Sideshow’s pricing is on point with this line. I was hoping for $1,750 but am not surprised at the $2,000 level. Sideshow has a veritable monopoly on the statue market in the larger scales. At ½ scale Sideshow’s only direct competitor would be Cinemaquette that solely makes statues in 1/3 scale. Cinemaquette initially offered their line at $1,500 but more recent releases have been as high as $2,500. A 1/3 piece is more than 3 times smaller than a ½ scale piece in regards to total volume. Comparatively a ¼ scale piece is 8 times smaller than a similar piece in ½ scale. Even at $2,000, a seemingly high price, Sideshow has undercut Cinemaquette’s pricing and is offering a product that is 3 times the size. Whether the product will be of the same quality remains to be seen but based on video and pictures it appears to be so.

blackbeard pf is amazing.

I'll take your word for it. I basically collect only Marvel and a few DC pieces. I have always believed that the movie version of these characters should all be done as PFs. Since they obviously wear clothes in the movies, statues of these characters should be done as PFs. Any statue that is comic based works best as a fully sculpted piece IMHO. I love seeing the full details in a sculpt. To me, having a comic based statue that is fully sculpted looks like the characters do in the actual comics. That is the look I'm looking for in my collection.

If the Wolverine LSF was fully sculpted and offered all the COHs that were intended for this piece, SSC would get my 2k in a heartbeat.

there is good argument that the size of the figure is relative to the 2k being charged because of the logistics in making the figure. if im to spend 2k i might as well just purchase 7 to 8 premium formats and have a variety of figures instead of the single gargantuan statue which will take a lot of space and on top of that it will be quite pricey to build the collection at those prices.

power to the people that can afford to buy one or more than a single legendary statue but its a real bad tease and a semi insult to the collectors that spend their hard earned cash to add pieces to their growing collection and are being left wanting the legendary pieces.

lets not forget the gas prices are going up, theres a shortage of jobs, and the price of figures and statues are seemingly not getting cheaper.

ok im done with the rant

PS I'd like to buy the unmasked head for $3.50 :)

I am really surprised at the backlash and enmity being directed towards Sideshow regarding their pricing.
I believe I am in the minority who feel that Sideshow’s pricing is on point with this line. I was hoping for $1,750 but am not surprised at the $2,000 level. Sideshow has a veritable monopoly on the statue market in the larger scales. At ½ scale Sideshow’s only direct competitor would be Cinemaquette that solely makes statues in 1/3 scale. Cinemaquette initially offered their line at $1,500 but more recent releases have been as high as $2,500. A 1/3 piece is more than 3 times smaller than a ½ scale piece in regards to total volume. Comparatively a ¼ scale piece is 8 times smaller than a similar piece in ½ scale. Even at $2,000, a seemingly high price, Sideshow has undercut Cinemaquette’s pricing and is offering a product that is 3 times the size. Whether the product will be of the same quality remains to be seen but based on video and pictures it appears to be so.

Which position do you cover in Sideshow??? :lol
Do you work there or you are just sent by them???

I don't like this member (8ème merveille du monde in french of course) Terminator PF and now Wolverine :slap

Now, about this Wolverine LSF, it's a truly amazing achievement, and i hope the others head sculpted by Martin Canale will be included in the final production.

there is good argument that the size of the figure is relative to the 2k being charged because of the logistics in making the figure. if im to spend 2k i might as well just purchase 7 to 8 premium formats and have a variety of figures instead of the single gargantuan statue which will take a lot of space and on top of that it will be quite pricey to build the collection at those prices.

power to the people that can afford to buy one or more than a single legendary statue but its a real bad tease and a semi insult to the collectors that spend their hard earned cash to add pieces to their growing collection and are being left wanting the legendary pieces.

lets not forget the gas prices are going up, theres a shortage of jobs, and the price of figures and statues are seemingly not getting cheaper.

ok im done with the rant

PS I'd like to buy the unmasked head for $3.50 :)

I totally agree with you!
Logistics and materials are just an "Excuse" to tag 2k a statue.

Just to give you an idea do you know how much cost to ship one 40 foot container from China where the SS Statues are produced to the USA??

It cost,
depending on the moment from 1600 to 2500 USD.
Do you know how many Statues Legendary Scale do you fit inside a container??

Let´s do the math.
The room inside a container is about 2300 cubic feet (39'4" long, 7'6" tall, and 7'8" wide inside).

(For who use metric system is 12 meters long, 2,28 mt. tall and 2,38 wide)

The shipping box of Legendary Darth Maul is 11 cubic feet.
That means that inside a container you can fit up to 190/200 Legendary Mauls and the shipping cost of a Legendary Scale from China to the US will be about 10 Dollars a Piece depending on the moment.

Back