Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that your video/you in the video? I definitely would have inspected this piece before I paid for it if I bought it through a local shop. If they won't allow me to I won't purchase it. Especially at the high price this goes for.

This is exactly why I ordered this piece through SS. Buying directly from SS is a warranty in a way. If I'm not satisfied with the piece that I receive I can return or exchange it directly through SS. I live in Southern California and have to pay taxes on top of the cost of S&H to buy this directly from SS. $150 in taxes alone, but I am willing to do it for the peace of mind that I can either get a replacement or a refund if the the piece that I receive is damaged or heavily flawed.

I've been following this thread along with the one on SF and am aware of the issues people have had with this piece. Not all pieces received have had issues though. The few rotten apples have not ruined the barrel IMO.

Same here..just pulled the trigger on this myself and bought direct for the same reason.

Thanks. Good luck to you too. Mine hasn't shipped yet, but it always takes 5 business days, so it should be here some time next week.

Shipped! I'll have it on Tuesday. I've loved this piece for years..crazy that I'm actually going to have one in less than a week.

Congrats bro :clap Its an awesome piece :rock

Thanks. I've spent more than a few minutes admiring your photos of it. Fingers crossed that I get a decent one. I'm a long time collector so I think I know what to expect quality wise. Just hope nothing too nasty shows up. I bought direct though so it should be ok either way i guess.

Thanks. I've spent more than a few minutes admiring your photos of it. Fingers crossed that I get a decent one. I'm a long time collector so I think I know what to expect quality wise. Just hope nothing too nasty shows up. I bought direct though so it should be ok either way i guess.

Thanks for the kind words :) nothing is ever definate in this hobby so i wish you the very best luck when yours arrives :) with mine I had a pretty flawless statue. No marks on the suit (which was the biggest relief) and the figure fitted flush onto the base (which is something that you must make sure of when you begin to assemble the pieces together).

The only issues I had with mine were the Claws :( A few had actually snapped off in transit so I had to go through 2 replacements (which both arrived damaged aswell) :slap :lol :lol so in the end I accepted a more than reasonable credit from Sideshow for the inconvenience and went abt fixing the issue myself...although looking back in hindsight, metal claws would have looked SICK!!!! :love :)

u9ube6ev.jpg

Was an easy fix but for a $2K statue, you shouldn't be having to fix anything :lol I think you'll love it!

It's an ongoing debate as to whether it's worth the heft price tag...in my honest opinion...i'd say no it's not :( but that's only because it didn't come with the extra headsculpts that were initially promised. I think if one or even two extra heads were included then definately money well spent. At the end of the day though, its the price I had to pay to get this awesome piece in my collection so i don't regret it at all :) As it turned out, an unmasked custom head was made for this LSF abt a year ago which wasn't cheap! :( so that's my only gripe with this statue. Also, if you compare it to a lot of other LSFs released by Sideshow, for $2K you get other features...for example

Iron Man MKIII & MKVII you get the added light up features

Doom you get the swap out faceplates and gauntlets

Obi Wan you get the light up features

Darth Maul you get the light up features

So you kind of feel left wanting with the Wolverine...as amazing as it looks on display, I wish Sideshow added something else for us to play around with apart from a booklet ;)

gu8u5upa.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, value is always subjective. I think it's overpriced and I also think it's totally worth it if I enjoy looking at it every day. That was the conclusion I came to. It's a real shame that you ended up getting a defect that wasn't fixed properly by SS. I hope I don't have a situatrion like that. I'm pretty easy to please, but somethings aren't acceptible.

The LSF gods have smiled on me today. I felt bad killing that goat, but it seeems to have been worth it. My Wolvie showed up today and he's about as perfect as you can hope for. No defects of any kind..that I can find anyway. Claws are straight, suit is clean, the paints are solid..no complaints at all! I love this thing. Wow! I did have to muscle it a good bit to get the foot seated flush to the base, but it did eventually go flush. It's huge and glorious..that's what she said. 1/2 scale..this could be the start of something...so impressive to see in person.

I took a few pics,but they all keep coming out blurry. Not as photography apparently. I'll try to post them soon.

Nice dude! Congratulations on getting a good one. Looking forward to your pics. Would it be possible for you to take a few pics of the face/head? Very curious to see if the paint is still consistent with the 1st run if these are infact from a 2nd run and different factory. Thanks

Thanks, man. Yeah, I can try. Lousy pics so far. Trying to shoot without using flash and for some reason, I always get sharping pics on this camera with flash on. I'm in awe of this thing.

I have discovered a couple defects. Trying not to hehe, but they're minor. I light smudge on his left thigh, some rough edges on his mask where the black meets the yellow and some weak stitches in a couple spots. I can easily overlook them thankfully.

Back