Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't matter how tight it was to the base, the peg has been breaking.

Oh man...that's depressing.
I'm sitting here looking at Galactus now, which is all in all the most satisfying Sideshow piece I own. I still love it. But nothing-NOTHING- comes close to matching the power and presence that the Wolverine had. Now in addition to worrying about stitching and paint apps, you have to throw long term stability into the mix.
I have a feeling if this keeps happening, this is going to get closed sooner rather than later.

That rear foot I am pretty sure needs to be in contact to support and distribute the weight. Otherwise you are placing all that weight on the one peg.

The one I had seemed stable. It certainly wasn't leaning as far over as the first photos from the fellow that had his crash. But the way he is posed, there is a built in bias to his right side and I wondered if over time gravity would be a problem. I think the design of the statue is to blame here. Weight distribution should have been of paramount concern. I thought that's one thing the art directors are getting paid for- there should be no reason whatsoever for a statue, any statue, to lean over.

I think the design of the statue is to blame here. Weight distribution should have been of paramount concern. I thought that's one thing the art directors are getting paid for- there should be no reason whatsoever for a statue, any statue, to lean over.

You're right.

I am a little worried about Daredevil being supported only on his back foot...this Wolverine looked much more stable, and if it is falling over...

Anyway, what a shame if long term stability is a wide spread issue on this piece.

Wow that does sound like a lot

Will have to keep an eye on mine when it's finally out of the box lol

Mine still standing straight thank goodness Ant. I will be sure to update if looking any different. It's been displayed for months now and moved 3 times

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mine still standing straight thank goodness Ant. I will be sure to update if looking any different. It's been displayed for months now and moved 3 times

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm sure it's just a limited number

But because of the price, the size and the open ES, I don't believe there are a whole lot of these out there in customers hands right now. I would be surprised if it were over 100. And then out of those, a few still aren't even set up. 5 or 6 could easily represent close to 5-10% of the displayed statues.

One of the 5-6 That went over literally went right over when the guy was putting into the base for the first time so he got a replacement no problem. The guy who posted the pics on FB was still waiting to hear back from SSC when I last saw the thread, but his went MONTHS afterwards. As for 3-4 repairs well obviously they were going to the secondary market to get the repairs done. The guy who was doing the repairs basically said that the lower leg if the peg foot is almost hollow as is some of the peg. So he was backfilling te legs and adding large metal rods to red force the entire leg to he the weight.

Dang. That sucks. Going to have to be something I look into closely before ordering statues.

If I had one of these I would be reenforcing the leg for sure. The fact that it can happen with out warning is absolute BS. I know I am known to be a SSC Puck Bunny, but this is one of those cases that the I can't get behind them 2K for a statue with a serious design flaw is just ****ing ********.

Reading up on these recent posts has me a bit worried I will admit. Mine doesn't seem to be leaning at all. Feet fit perfectly flush into the base as well. I hope these are truly isolated incidents as I would be gutted to come home a year from now and find my Wolverine in pieces. I've had mine displayed for 6 months now. No issues. Hope it stays that way

Back