Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this piece, but the accessories (extra head sculpts) that Canale had made for this piece originally were amazing. I'm really disappointed to see that they didn't make the final cut, BUT that's the way it goes. Still a beautiful piece though.

I really can't wait for a Spidey piece to come along in this line.

I'm hoping to get it early feb can't wait although still working out where to put it lol

I was fortunate that both this and Galactus fit perfectly in the only real space I have available. I been furiously trying to brainstorm what kind of stuff I can unload to subsidize Doom... but I'm just now realizing he won't fit in this space at all anyway :slap

And after living with these two for awhile, it's hard to get enthused about 1/5 and 1/4 scales anymore.

I was fortunate that both this and Galactus fit perfectly in the only real space I have available. I been furiously trying to brainstorm what kind of stuff I can unload to subsidize Doom... but I'm just now realizing he won't fit in this space at all anyway :slap

And after living with these two for awhile, it's hard to get enthused about 1/5 and 1/4 scales anymore.

I did a lot of offloading to get this piece it was mainly because it was wolverine that I got it don't think any other character would make me get another one.

I know what you mean with space having a collection refocus to allow continuing to collect 1/4 scale lol otherwise it's going to be hot toys

I am about to get my first LSF soon. Is it really that much better than 1:4, which I find is amazing as well. :wink1:

I am about to get my first LSF soon. Is it really that much better than 1:4, which I find is amazing as well. :wink1:

YMMV :)

Actually, with Doom I realized I won't be able to fit most LSFs in the space I have available. Wolverine is a special case because he's hunkered down, charging. If he were standing erect- as most of these LSFs will be- his head would be scrapping the pitched ceiling.

So technically, I guess I'm out of the LSF game after this one. :(

There's been rumblings SS may start producing 1/3 scale. Not only would it be perfect for my particular situation, but it would be much easier to justify economically.

YMMV :)

Actually, with Doom I realized I won't be able to fit most LSFs in the space I have available. Wolverine is a special case because he's hunkered down, charging. If he were standing erect- as most of these LSFs will be- his head would be scrapping the pitched ceiling.

So technically, I guess I'm out of the LSF game after this one. :(

There's been rumblings SS may start producing 1/3 scale. Not only would it be perfect for my particular situation, but it would be much easier to justify economically.

I'm in the same boat one and out
I've got a 1/3 wolverine by hcg and it's a very manageable size
I didn't know sideshow were going to start in a new scale
Suppose it's a way to remake some classic characters

I didn't know sideshow were going to start in a new scale

It's not a sure thing.
IIRC, David Igo was asking people on the other forum their opinions of 1/3 scale. Most were positive for it- so there's a chance we might start seeing stuff at some point.

dang, if you buy just two LSF's you earn enough rewards to cover most of an HT fig.

this is not helping my struggle trying to fight the urge to order Wolvie.

dang, if you buy just two LSF's you earn enough rewards to cover most of an HT fig.

this is not helping my struggle trying to fight the urge to order Wolvie.

That's one way of looking at it :lol

Or you could just buy the HT by itself and save over $3800 :wink1:

Don't know if you were serious or not, but if you were- what was the other one besides Wolverine you were thinking of getting?

Don't think I've posted this photo yet.
It the shipper the two Wolverine boxes came in.

359085x.jpg

Kind of hard to tell but that's not an extra box bottom that was cut and shoved inside the outer box to reenforce it- that IS the bottom of the shipper. That seam is where the two pieces join and it's only held together with clear packing tape on the outside.
Kind of amazing it made it coast to coast in one piece. Anyone know if they all go out like this?

eh- nevermind.
I went back and found this old pic from Alex.

null-42.jpg

They obviously did that to make it easier to get both boxes out of it- like any large appliance. Of course, I'm an idiot and reached in from the top and tried to pull both out. No wonder it was such a major PITA.

Last edited:
I find it intriguing that they put (blue costume) on the shipper. Seems pretty likely that they are going to do a brown costume as well soon enough.

That's one way of looking at it :lol

Or you could just buy the HT by itself and save over $3800 :wink1:

Don't know if you were serious or not, but if you were- what was the other one besides Wolverine you were thinking of getting?

Don't think I've posted this photo yet.
It the shipper the two Wolverine boxes came in.

359085x.jpg

Kind of hard to tell but that's not an extra box bottom that was cut and shoved inside the outer box to reenforce it- that IS the bottom of the shipper. That seam is where the two pieces join and it's only held together with clear packing tape on the outside.
Kind of amazing it made it coast to coast in one piece. Anyone know if they all go out like this?

eh- nevermind.
I went back and found this old pic from Alex.

null-42.jpg

They obviously did that to make it easier to get both boxes out of it- like any large appliance. Of course, I'm an idiot and reached in from the top and tried to pull both out. No wonder it was such a major PITA.

looks like i'll be getting Doom for sure, buddy offered to repaint it if they didn't fix the paint by the time it started shipping.

I'm wondering if they are using ABS plastic for that one...similar to the Droids? Did you happen to see those? Any similarities there in the way the paint/finish looked to Doom's armor?

well I'm not sure, but I think he's the only one that ever said the Doom LSF looked like a cheap hallmark statue, so I wouldn't base too much from him.

well, i can only go by the pics other people have taken.
To me, the paint and finish texture look great.

But that goes for the droids as well. Based on pics alone, I never would have taken those to be plastic. If the lighter weight they are indicating for Doom is accurate, then I would think they would be going with something like fiberglass or the plastic.
I could easily be wrong though. I was with Galactus. I thought for sure that would be lighter plastic and the Base would be heavy, but that wasn't the case at all.

some people on here are obsessed with weight. The Doom LSF weighs more than both of the Iron Man LSF's and those are NOT made of plastic. I have the Mark 3, doesn't look like plastic either. No way SS could get away with selling a 2k piece of plastic and material.

Doom looks good from the photos and videos on youtube... Hmmm, Yellow custom vs Brown custom Wolverine :panic:

Back