Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love all these pics of wolvie, wish I could find someone who wanted to sell theirs

Isn't it still available on SS website?

Nice custom!
While it's cool that the community is such that these kinds of professional tweaks can be implemented on the side, it is kind of annoying that at this price point it wasn't included to begin with.
I have to believe that with that other head already sculpted, they are purposefully holding it back for inclusion in a future re-paint/new costume edition.

You are probably right. The brown version :dunno

and now for some pics...

First of all, as cool as Wolverine is, the thing in this pic that probably tickles me the most is the wood file cabinet it's sitting on. I went out and picked up the other night after I realized my old smaller 2 drawer metal file cabinet which had worked perfectly for the 1/4 and 1/5 scale statues, was going to be cutting it too close for this piece.
After checking out all the office supply stores and not finding anything I honestly liked, was big enough, or that I thought was a good value, I stumbled on this one at a Sam's Club when I went to pick up some groceries.
Large surface area, very heavy duty (weighs about 70-100lbs), good quality (real wood) components...and amazingly it was less expensive than any of the cheaper made, MDF+Veneer cabinets I was seeing everywhere else.
At $100 - a $20 gift card I got with my membership, this is probably one of the best value purchases I've made in a while.
And this particular statue fits on it just perfectly.

2cdzg61.jpg

Prior to getting this and Galactus, I was concerned that pieces this size would feel too overbearing and intrusive sitting this close to where I use the computer. Turns out they aren't a problem at all. In fact, I find the size of both these to be perfect for this corner of the room. It's actually hard to go back to smaller scale pieces now as they just seem like paperweights in comparison.

Re: and now for some pics...

It's nice but I think this statue looks better with the masked head.

An angry face with the non Dracula version teeth would be awesome.

First of all, as cool as Wolverine is, the thing in this pic that probably tickles me the most is the wood file cabinet it's sitting on. I went out and picked up the other night after I realized my old smaller 2 drawer metal file cabinet which had worked perfectly for the 1/4 and 1/5 scale statues, was going to be cutting it too close for this piece.
After checking out all the office supply stores and not finding anything I honestly liked, was big enough, or that I thought was a good value, I stumbled on this one at a Sam's Club when I went to pick up some groceries.
Large surface area, very heavy duty (weighs about 70-100lbs), good quality (real wood) components...and amazingly it was less expensive than any of the cheaper made, MDF+Veneer cabinets I was seeing everywhere else.
At $100 - a $20 gift card I got with my membership, this is probably one of the best value purchases I've made in a while.
And this particular statue fits on it just perfectly.

2cdzg61.jpg

Prior to getting this and Galactus, I was concerned that pieces this size would feel too overbearing and intrusive sitting this close to where I use the computer. Turns out they aren't a problem at all. In fact, I find the size of both these to be perfect for this corner of the room. It's actually hard to go back to smaller scale pieces now as they just seem like paperweights in comparison.

Solid wood is definitely the way to go, it will last you forever, and it looks good too. :clap
Curious, how do you keep the yellow fabric to remain that new clean look. Bright yellow gets dirty easily.

and a few more...

one more from a slightly different angle (no flash this time)
20zteua.jpg

2d97nyt.jpg

Overpriced? Yeah. But man, is it hard not to love this thing...
1zmcn61.jpg

1jlkz.jpg

No real metal for the claws? No problem! Pics just can't do these justice- up close, the way these catch the light...it's amazing they aren't real. They look very dangerous.

ak7vja.jpg

here's one more to give you a better idea of how well done these claws are. See those white streaks on the ceiling? Those are actually light reflections coming off the blades

2vv3z9s.jpg

Yeah this thing is 101 kinds of awesome.
I'd been having second thoughts on it ever since they took the deposit, and then especially after Doom came up at the same price point.
But now that it's here, and I'm getting more acclimated to the way it's presence changes the feel of the room I no longer think about sending it back just so I can order Doom and not have to drop anymore money.
It may not be as detail heavy as the Doctor, but for what it is, it's beautifully executed.

wrf29y.jpg

No I won't be sending this back just to order Doom.
But I may have to send it back for other reasons

here's one more to give you a better idea of how well done these claws are. See those white streaks on the ceiling? Those are actually light reflections coming off the blades

Yeah this thing is 101 kinds of awesome.
I'd been having second thoughts on it ever since they took the deposit, and then especially after Doom came up at the same price point.
But now that it's here, and I'm getting more acclimated to the way it's presence changes the feel of the room I no longer think about sending it back just so I can order Doom and not have to drop anymore money.
It may not be as detail heavy as the Doctor, but for what it is, it's beautifully executed.

No I won't be sending this back just to order Doom.
But I may have to send it back for other reasons

so why u sending it back? for what reasons?

the devil's in the details...

Normally with a $350-$400 PF I can let a few things slide.
I don't expect these things to be perfect. And especially not under a close lens and a flash that pulls out all kinds of little imperfections that just aren't noticeable to the naked eye under most normal viewing situations and distances.

But when I'm dropping five times that cost on one piece, all of sudden I'm finding myself much less tolerant of 'good enough'.

one of the first things that gave me pause was the paint job on the mask when I first opened it up

30wur9x.jpg

This may be hard to distinguish in the pic, but in the black area there is a natural shine/reflection which you can see in the nose, cheek, and brow area.
When you look over to the wing, you can see some lighter areas which you might think are also reflections. Actually it's just poor paint application. The undercoat is showing through.
Now if this were a $350 PF, I would be tempted to let it slide or even just touch it up myself. In this case it would be a fairly easy fix (though I would be concerned about laying the paint to thick that I cover up some of the wonderful fine texture).

And here's another spot where the black coat is a bit sloppy and insubstantial

a58bae.jpg

Again, this wouldn't be a deal breaker for me on a less expensive piece- but at this price point, it kind of chaffs. And it does nothing to dispel that niggling feeling that I'm not getting a full value, or superior effort, for the substantially higher cost here.

But what really concerns me is this stitching flaw

16ke0e0.jpg

10x607d.jpg

2vtnkux.jpg

Should I be worried about how this is going to hold up over the long run? Especially since I rotate my collection and this will get packed and unpacked more often than the average? Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this, but it looks to me like this is a prime candidate to rupture at some point- at which time I would be fully screwed.
Repainting is one thing- fixing and reattaching precisely tailored fabric is a whole 'nother level of hell.

that custom head look nice but once painted, I think his eyes look too small. maybe it should be all white or be enlarge imo.

would definitely be hard for me to buy a hulk lsf on impulse. would definitely have to wait and see actual pics.

Re: the devil's in the details...

Normally with a $350-$400 PF I can let a few things slide.
I don't expect these things to be perfect. And especially not under a close lens and a flash that pulls out all kinds of little imperfections that just aren't noticeable to the naked eye under most normal viewing situations and distances.

But when I'm dropping five times that cost on one piece, all of sudden I'm finding myself much less tolerant of 'good enough'.

one of the first things that gave me pause was the paint job on the mask when I first opened it up

30wur9x.jpg

This may be hard to distinguish in the pic, but in the black area there is a natural shine/reflection which you can see in the nose, cheek, and brow area.
When you look over to the wing, you can see some lighter areas which you might think are also reflections. Actually it's just poor paint application. The undercoat is showing through.
Now if this were a $350 PF, I would be tempted to let it slide or even just touch it up myself. In this case it would be a fairly easy fix (though I would be concerned about laying the paint to thick that I cover up some of the wonderful fine texture).

And here's another spot where the black coat is a bit sloppy and insubstantial

a58bae.jpg

Again, this wouldn't be a deal breaker for me on a less expensive piece- but at this price point, it kind of chaffs. And it does nothing to dispel that niggling feeling that I'm not getting a full value, or superior effort, for the substantially higher cost here.

But what really concerns me is this stitching flaw

16ke0e0.jpg

10x607d.jpg

2vtnkux.jpg

Should I be worried about how this is going to hold up over the long run? Especially since I rotate my collection and this will get packed and unpacked more often than the average? Maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this, but it looks to me like this is a prime candidate to rupture at some point- at which time I would be fully screwed.
Repainting is one thing- fixing and reattaching precisely tailored fabric is a whole 'nother level of hell.

Hi
I can see where you are coming from at that price point it should be 100%
Might be worth emailing them and see what they come back with

Other than those points looks amazing congrats :)

Hi
I can see where you are coming from at that price point it should be 100%
Might be worth emailing them and see what they come back with

Other than those points looks amazing congrats :)

Thanks, Antman!

I realize these flaws aren't at the same level as something like a broken claw or weak magnet. The black on the mask is easily noticeable and annoying. When I first unpacked it, I thought it was dirty or dusty. But that at least is something I probably could address with a little effort and expense if I choose to.
The stitching errors OTOH have me concerned enough that unless I can get a replacement, I think I'd be foolish to keep it. This fabric is snugly attached to the figure. It's just a matter of time before that tension causes those stitches to open up even further- and at that point, forget it. It would be like trying to get a genie back in a bottle to get it to look proper again.

I'll contact them Monday and see what they say. Sadly, I have a hard time believing they will extend complete satisfaction here. I'm going to need a replacement lower body without any stitching or painting flaws and I expect to meet a lot of resistance over that suggestion.
I do love this piece, and want to keep it. Like Lewbowski's rug, it's tying the whole room together for me now :lol
But it's also hard to escape the impression that it already IS overpriced by about $500 at least. Especially when you compare it to something like Galactus , which I was/am still overwhelmingly satisfied with. Any kind of QC issue on top that just does not sit well. So if they blow off my concerns or, just as bad, offer a low ball credit and make it a take it or leave it proposition, I'm likely going to be pi$$ed off enough to send it back on sheer principle.

And here's a little kicker-
in addition to throwing in a free calender they enclosed thisXmas card

2dlrwoy.jpg

And what is the message inside that they think is "clever" and fun to send out with a $400-$2000 item...that has a 50/50 chance of having some kind of QC issue to deal with?

210by43.jpg

Honestly- out of all the characters they could have chosen to riff a holiday greeting on (" Hoping you have a "Super" holiday!; Have the happiest of holidays, by Crom!) was this the most appropriate ( and subliminal) message they could think of sending? :gah:

Back