Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Mamba
2. Averone
3. RobertoBagg10
4. Antman84
5. Wreck
6. Attom44
7. Emperor
8. BurningRage
9. Gouryella

:hi5:

Not many people at all and you'd have to think that most people willing to take on a statue like this would be real collectors involved in the hobby. People like that would most likly be a part of this fourm. Not alot of people would just stumble across a statue like this and order on impulse. I am not on statue fourm but it would be interesting to take a poll like this over there. If theres as few over there as it looks like is here then this must be pretty limited.

I would love to pick this up but not sure I could ever convince myself to go through with such a pricey order. I was close to pulling the trigger yesterday but managed to fight the urge.

Congrats to those who have it coming as it will truly be a rare collectable. As far as price goes its only over priced if its more than your willing to pay. I mean most people I know tell me any statue of a comic character is over priced but thats why its a unique hobby for only truly passionate people.

Put me on that list! I have $400 down on it with Secret Compass! So i think its a keeper!

1. Mamba
2. Averone
3. RobertoBagg10
4. Antman84
5. Wreck
6. Attom44
7. Emperor
8. BurningRage
9. Gouryella
10. Ricardofeitoza

The list is growing, for anyone else who ordered this, please put yourself to the list, just copy and paste and add your name to the list should be easy :)

1. Mamba
2. Averone
3. RobertoBagg10
4. Antman84
5. Wreck
6. Attom44
7. Emperor
8. BurningRage
9. Gouryella
10. Ricardofeitoza

The list is growing, for anyone else who ordered this, please put yourself to the list, just copy and paste and add your name to the list should be easy :)

We are a minority here. This is not the complete list of buyers as you all know. I say maybe 3% of all sales from SS, even less. There are guys who order this from the retailers and never visit here

I love Wolverine. He and Spider-Man are my favorite Marvel characters. If I was richer like I used to be he would be mine. I wish I could put my name down on that list, but I cannot. Grats to all here that get him

He truely is a beast.. although 31" because he's crouched.. he looks to be the same scale as Maul which is huge! I'm so glad I went for Wolvie.. Thanks for posting the directions!!!

Interesting that the brown costume was considered

null_zpsb4fae07d.png

It shouldn't be hard to do the brown costume version for them. Just repaint the boots, gloves, mask and put the fabric for the body.

I just noticed this. Sideshow has the instructions up for assembling Wolverine. Here's the link to the pdf.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/instructions/400085.pdf

Thanks Emperor. It appears to me that the statue shown in the assembly part of the instructions is the final product. It appears to not be as detailed in the paint app and the colors seem slightly different. The pics shown prior to assembly seem to be of the prototype shown at the cons. Where the ones in the assembly photos are of the final product. What do you guys think? If it is the final product are you satisfied with the result? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this w/ SSC and put my deposit down, but just wanted to get some input based on the pics being of the final product.

For example. Here's a pic of the the proto head:
utasemy3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Here's a pic of the one pictured in the manual:

Heres a pic of the proto:

Here's a pic of the fully assembled version in the manual:

Thanks Emperor. It appears to me that the statue shown in the assembly part of the instructions is the final product. It appears to not be as detailed in the paint app and the colors seem slightly different. The pics shown prior to assembly seem to be of the prototype shown at the cons. Where the ones in the assembly photos are of the final product. What do you guys think? If it is the final product are you satisfied with the result? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this w/ SSC and put my deposit down, but just wanted to get some input based on the pics being of the final product.

For example. Here's a pic of the the proto head:
utasemy3.jpg

Here's a pic of the one pictured in the manual:

Heres a pic of the proto:

Here's a pic of the fully assembled version in the manual:
[/QUOTE]
May just be the lighting or the photo editing for the colors. You can make something look completely different just by adjusting something or how the actual light is in the photo. People take far to much from pictures when it comes to actual colors when they shouldn't. I do not see much difference in the detail? Am I missing something here.

I do see a complete difference in the yellow. The yellow used in the mask is much darker than the yellow of the costume. I really hope this isnt the case! :horror

As an added note...I can assure you that it will not be as detailed as the proto, ever is. The proto is always the best piece because it is what they are using to try to sell the piece...so the quality will always be top notch and paint apps will be much better than the production model. Just how it is. Can't believe we are still having this discussion

I do see a complete difference in the yellow. The yellow used in the mask is much darker than the yellow of the costume. I really hope this isnt the case! :horror

The top picture looks like it was using flash as the yellow is extremely bright. OR a light was shinning directly on it. The manual pictures are obviously taken in a much darker area...it does not look like much light is hitting the top of the head.

Back