Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too scared to order this until in hand pics..
I saw some of neytri lsf and was disappointed...

for $2000, its got to be perfect.

You would think.
Sideshow has been very questionable when it comes to paint app.

Sometimes the paint is nice and sometimes it's :horror

Already thinking on repainting a $2000 collectible? :|

For 2K's it should be painted by Joe Dunaway himself.

Neytiri paintjob was not that great in some lsf.
Some people got nice ones and others were not.
I am scared to order after what happened below.
Here is one example.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6R5tZrUmWc&list=UUyVvUyNkbPBpSnPmo5GHhFg&index=3[/ame]

Here is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6R5tZrUmWc&list=UUyVvUyNkbPBpSnPmo5GHhFg&index=3

This guy is a great man !

I can feel the pain from his words :(

I'm waiting for the wolf ... As many of you ... I'm trying to force myself to think that it will be different, but probably it will be the same poor stuff :(
The time with Stan Winston and the first predator Exclusive maquette quality are gone :( ... And try to raise up the original 1:4 predator ( or better the predator CM) with only one hand !!!

i have ordered Wolf Predator LSF from Secret Compass Collectibles & allmost cleared payment of it...... if SS ruined paint job n quality for Wolf LSF i will not spend money on LSF line at all. Just curious to see whether 2000$ price tag justify this statue?? n i m spending more than that..... so much hard earned money involved ......................

i have ordered Wolf Predator LSF from Secret Compass Collectibles & allmost cleared payment of it...... if SS ruined paint job n quality for Wolf LSF i will not spend money on LSF line at all. Just curious to see whether 2000$ price tag justify this statue?? n i m spending more than that..... so much hard earned money involved ......................

Don't really want to spend 2k bro, I decide to buy this cause I got a good price of $1800 shipped, for ca resident like me, it's much cheaper then buy from sideshow.

And good luck with secret compass, they hate to get replacement for you, so you got to wish it came without damage, or they will just refun you and never do business with you again, it happens on me.

Here is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6R5tZrUmWc&list=UUyVvUyNkbPBpSnPmo5GHhFg&index=3

Wow.. I think if I had received a statue of that quality I would have been miffed too! It's another reason why I've gone the 1/6, 1/4 HT & EB route. I still have a few 1/4 SSC PF's, but haven't bought many as of late for this same reason. If this keeps up.. the LSF line may soon end. I work as a designer for a large company that manufactures our products in China. The factory we use is outstanding... but I know what conditions are like in some factories and who knows.. this might be because an artisan was painting this at 3 am in the morning after not sleeping for 2 days... it's possible... still no excuse for the way the line was marketed, displayed and it's very high price point. It's not a question of who can or cannot afford this line, it's purely quality...I was all in when they announced this line, I even thought about selling everything and going just LSF. maybe make a gallery out of the collection room, with pedestals and lights... but now between this and Darth Maul, I haven't been impressed, and sadly the collectors who have them don't seem impressed.. I'm glad I did not go that route. Maybe we can dream about the Ultimate Legendary Scale line 2020...:)

Last edited:
This guy is my hero, 'Don't buy legendary' lol. I agree 100% with what he says, these are horrendously overpriced statues that don't even match a minimun standard of quality. In cases they even are not anatomically correct (d. maul).

There's something going really wrong when some people are already thinking on repainting stuff that costs $2000.

For the price tag they shoud be flawless and perfect, and so far they are not. I was considering on getting the Indy one (even though what they shown at SDCC was b.s.), but if it comes with any of these rushed-factory-defective-flaws they're not counting with my money.

(Sorry for the pessimistic thoughts but it's like what I feel at this moment lol)

That video about the Neytiri LSF is really disconcerting. :(

Makes me wonder how much different the Wolf LSF will be.

Fingers crossed.

I've actually cancelled both Wolverine and Wolf pred a few days ago after doing some careful consideration. The open ES helped aid in that decision. I may have lost $400 in NRD money but potentially saved 4k on pieces that should be worth 2k combine.

The more I look at wolverine I think to myself...why is this 2k? Its a nice face sculpt with a simple polystone body and cloth. How did they arrive at a 2k price for this? When a piece with the complexity of Galactus or Sauron are $800?

The more I think about it, the only way I would consider buying this now is if they gave it an ES or low ES.

As is, its just not justifiable even if I have the cash. That's whats holding me back from Galactus as well.

I have the LSF reaper ordered and on the way. Which is how ALL legandary scales should be made. It's huge, has the most detail out of any piece so far, it has an ES of 300 AND is $1000. Which again begs the question, why can't all LSF's be made like this!

SS's business model makes this so easy to want, yet so hard to want.

Chris

I've actually cancelled both Wolverine and Wolf pred a few days ago after doing some careful consideration. The open ES helped aid in that decision. I may have lost $400 in NRD money but potentially saved 4k on pieces that should be worth 2k combine.

The more I look at wolverine I think to myself...why is this 2k? Its a nice face sculpt with a simple polystone body and cloth. How did they arrive at a 2k price for this? When a piece with the complexity of Galactus or Sauron are $800?

The more I think about it, the only way I would consider buying this now is if they gave it an ES or low ES.

As is, its just not justifiable even if I have the cash. That's whats holding me back from Galactus as well.

I have the LSF reaper ordered and on the way. Which is how ALL legandary scales should be made. It's huge, has the most detail out of any piece so far, it has an ES of 300 AND is $1000. Which again begs the question, why can't all LSF's be made like this!

Chris

:goodpost:

I couldn't have said it any better

Atheris, very good points. I can't really argue any of that.

But speaking about the Reaper... let's wait and see what paint app is like first. Sideshow better do this right.

Son of *****, this is really a bad news for us, I wish wolf won't be like that, like he said in the video, $2k must be more detail ! Not just bigger and worse paint job! Ss just want to make money now.

Chris

This makes a lot of sense for sure and agree about this. Even though I want a Darth Maul LSF. I will try to wait and see if the price will come down or people sell it for a lower price. But good thing is if i receive and not happy with it I could always return for a refund or sell. But this is a very good point the reaper is much cheaper and cost a grand. Plus may be even better than all the other LSF out there at the moment with a low edition size plus good price. Worthy price. All good points here.

This guy is my hero, 'Don't buy legendary' lol. I agree 100% with what he says, these are horrendously overpriced statues that don't even match a minimun standard of quality. In cases they even are not anatomically correct (d. maul).

There's something going really wrong when some people are already thinking on repainting stuff that costs $2000.

For the price tag they shoud be flawless and perfect, and so far they are not. I was considering on getting the Indy one (even though what they shown at SDCC was b.s.), but if it comes with any of these rushed-factory-defective-flaws they're not counting with my money.

(Sorry for the pessimistic thoughts but it's like what I feel at this moment lol)

I love my IM LSF . I know I didn't pay anywhere close to retail, but I sure hope SS makes another one from the new IM movie. As of right now, that's prolly the only LSF that would be a 100% must buy for me if the pose is ok. Jury is still out on wolf of course.

Atheris, very good points. I can't really argue any of that.

But speaking about the Reaper... let's wait and see what paint app is like first. Sideshow better do this right.

My biggest concern about the reaper is how fragile he will be. Looks awesome, nice ES and all, but I gotta think to myself when the day comes to sell off my collection, I hate worrying about shipping super fragile looking pieces, so I will never consider getting that one.

Back