Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just the open ES that makes these a bad buy as collectibles. You gatta think to yourself, what does it cost SS to make one of these?. If PCS is able to make a 1:4 piece with just as much detail and complexity and sell them for under $300 and STILL make a profit. How does SS figure "we'll make it twice the size and sell them for 4x the price". Using PCS as a guage here, I'm predicting it cost SS roughly $300-$400 to produce each piece. With numbers like these they should be priced at $1000 max. I can't for the life of me understand how they decided on 2k as a respectable number for something like wolverine other than pure greed.

The only other thing I can think of is that they wanted to push CM out or get a piece of that market. But in my opinion SS is no CM. Nor have they produced pieces close to CM quality. I have both the 1:2 Ironmn and LSF Neytiri, and I don't believe they are actually worth the money asked for them. Ironman should have been priced at $1600 and Neytiri $800 at the most.

Even CM has started reducing prices on their pieces to $1600 just to get some orders in. Where does SS think their going at 2k??

I see 1 of 2 senarios playing out here. Ether SS will stop this line...or...start reducing the pricing. Since these are open ES though it doesn't cost them much to just keep the LSF moniker as they are made to order. They are more likely to start reducing the prices on future pieces just to get some orders in. They clearly started the line a little to umm..."enthusiastic".

Chris

I would like for them to continue the line, however, if they refuse to change their pricing, they need to actually have the amount of detail and craftmanship in the piece to reflect the price they're asking.

It's not just the open ES that makes these a bad buy as collectibles. You gatta think to yourself, what does it cost SS to make one of these?. If PCS is able to make a 1:4 piece with just as much detail and complexity and sell them for under $300 and STILL make a profit. How does SS figure "we'll make it twice the size and sell them for 4x the price". Using PCS as a guage here, I'm predicting it cost SS roughly $300-$400 to produce each piece. With numbers like these they should be priced at $1000 max. I can't for the life of me understand how they decided on 2k as a respectable number for something like wolverine other than pure greed.

The only other thing I can think of is that they wanted to push CM out or get a piece of that market. But in my opinion SS is no CM. Nor have they produced pieces close to CM quality. I have both the 1:2 Ironmn and LSF Neytiri, and I don't believe they are actually worth the money asked for them. Ironman should have been priced at $1600 and Neytiri $800 at the most.

Even CM has started reducing prices on their pieces to $1600 just to get some orders in. Where does SS think their going at 2k??

I see 1 of 2 senarios playing out here. Ether SS will stop this line...or...start reducing the pricing. Since these are open ES though it doesn't cost them much to just keep the LSF moniker as they are made to order. They are more likely to start reducing the prices on future pieces just to get some orders in. They clearly started the line a little to umm..."enthusiastic".

Chris

...........:lecture

:exactly: :goodpost:

This statue looks nice, but just being selfish for a min, i rather ss kill the entire lsf line and divert all the resources to 1/4

1/2 does not interest me (except maybe this guy)...it's just too big and a little creepy.. Price-wise, for $2000 i can buy at least 5x 1/4 premium formats. It's one thing if quality and detail are far superior, but they are not - from the darth maul lsf it's pretty obvious it's the same quality as their usual factory stuff..just bigger.

open es is just icing on the cake.

What eeks me is that this could have been their flagship line. Pieces that all collectors would eventually like to get 1 of in their collection. But they aren't creating any demand for them, not even a little. Instead they are turning customers away and finding creative ways to do it.

If they simply slapped an ES on them, paid a little closer attention to quality and lowered the prices to a more realistic number these would sell out in a year or so, maybe less.

Chris

how about getting them to scale with one another as well?

Not a mix of 1:2 and 1:3 all with the "legendary scale" name.

What eeks me is that this could have been their flagship line. Pieces that all collectors would eventually like to get 1 of in their collection. But they aren't creating any demand for them, not even a little. Instead they are turning customers away and finding creative ways to do it.

If they simply slapped an ES on them, paid a little closer attention to quality and lowered the prices to a more realistic number these would sell out in a year or so, maybe less.

Chris

how about getting them to scale with one another as well?

Not a mix of 1:2 and 1:3 all with the "legendary scale" name.

agreed, just fail all around. I dont think sideshow cares, the guys who came up with those things probably have no clue what's going on or what collectors are looking for.

I think having an ES would have a psychological effect for the painter of the statue. Knowing that each piece will have a number and only so many will be painted would provide motivation to make each piece as perfect as possible, impacting the amount of time and care put in to each piece.

I've actually cancelled both Wolverine and Wolf pred a few days ago after doing some careful consideration. The open ES helped aid in that decision. I may have lost $400 in NRD money but potentially saved 4k on pieces that should be worth 2k combine.

The more I look at wolverine I think to myself...why is this 2k? Its a nice face sculpt with a simple polystone body and cloth. How did they arrive at a 2k price for this? When a piece with the complexity of Galactus or Sauron are $800?

The more I think about it, the only way I would consider buying this now is if they gave it an ES or low ES.

As is, its just not justifiable even if I have the cash. That's whats holding me back from Galactus as well.

I have the LSF reaper ordered and on the way. Which is how ALL legandary scales should be made. It's huge, has the most detail out of any piece so far, it has an ES of 300 AND is $1000. Which again begs the question, why can't all LSF's be made like this!

SS's business model makes this so easy to want, yet so hard to want.

Chris

Very well said.
:exactly:

How is Sauron, Dark rider of mordor and Galactus 800 and this is 2000. :explode:

I would pay 2k if these were manufactured in the US, and hand painted by real talented industry artists, that's they only way I could justify them selling them for inflated costs.

That's right folk's for a mere $2000 dollars you to can own an
LSF with quality like this nice orange darth maul with this
Amazing paint quality , and to think only waited 16 months
For this LSF.

20130131_024014.jpg

20130128_122159.jpg

20130128_122349.jpg

HMMMM Now compare sideshow darth maul life size bust
Something seems different from the two ?

20130129_003047.jpg

Neytiri paintjob was not that great in some lsf.
Some people got nice ones and others were not.
I am scared to order after what happened below.
Here is one example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6R5tZrUmWc&list=UUyVvUyNkbPBpSnPmo5GHhFg&index=3

This was the greatest and most accurate review I have ever seen on a SS collectible. I am glad he is forthright and honest.

For everyone on this forum, this is what you call a very good critique...he points out the good points, bad points, and gives an honest assessment overall. Kudos to this individual!:clap

Wow!! awesome review by this person, the best most objective Sideshow review I've seen can't argue with him.

The video does reveal the major issues with that particular LSF. One of the sad things is, those issues have been seen with other pieces from Sideshow.

Ultimately, what that tells me is that Sideshow's quality control is still the same even for their LSF line.

I don't see how this is "Legendary", sorry to say. :(

There's something going really wrong when some people are already thinking on repainting stuff that costs $2000.

For the price tag they shoud be flawless and perfect, and so far they are not.

I was thinking the same thing. If I were to drop $2000 on one of these I would not have to expect myself to get it repainted. For $2000 this thing should be everything and more.
Robert

That video pretty much sealed the deal for me. I was trying to see if there was a way for me to pick up the LSF Wolf. I doubt I even bother with it now. POOR quality on that statue for sure. 2k would be down the drain.

Back