Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may also be, and probably is, alot more. Forums account for a very small percentage of collectors.
Truth us we will never know.

I read somewhere that Cinemaquette stopped producing at 500, any truth to that?

My guestimate on wolf always came from the thought of ss only being able to push out one batch of wolf. We already know ss makes the LSFs in batches. Once wolf started shipping, it seemed as though once everyone sold what they had in stock, there were no more made available. I doubt ss make more than a few hundred of those LSFs in a single batch. The cm has under 700 units made. We know this cause statueforum has a thread dedicated to it and nobody has ever had a number in the 700s. That's still a lot made for a 2k piece.

So then they could start pumping out CM preds again to finish the ES right? I think they did a short run with the Alien too, so they could make those again even if they wanted.

I guess they could, but it seems as though CM/ECC have a lot of integrity and the founder of CM wasn't ever in this to make a quick buck, as evident by the lack of releases over the years. They produced to the adequate demand of all their pieces, never making over a 1,000. The CM Pred didn't go crazy in value for awhile. The only pieces that have me scratching my head or the reissues of the Batmobile and Godzilla. Not sure why they came out with those pieces again. I'd sell my CM Pred if I ever found out they were making more. I wouldn't buy their Markus or any of their upcoming pieces if they did that too.

The only reason it would bother me if they made more is cause it's been so many years since the sell out. Variants like the Reaper or Hulk don't bother me, but flat out reissuing the exact piece years after selling out should be a crime. That's bad business when dealing with this expensive hobby. It's companies like CM/ECC/XM that keep me really interested in this hobby cause SS does a lot of shady things and the ES's continue to rise with the prices. They cost more, but I have more faith in them overall even though I still do order a few pieces from SS here and there.

It is not a reissue if they never made the full ES to begin with. SS just did the same thing with a lot of their Star Wars pieces, though it was less than a year after sellout.

doesn't matter if they didn't sell 1,000. Nobody said they couldn't make 1,000, they decided on their own to stop short on all of their statues. It would be royally screwing over everyone that paid way over retail. If CM wants to make more, but pricing it at market value ($3500-4000) then fine, do that, but making more now and pricing it somewhere in the 2k range would be shady. It would be the same deal if SS came out and re did all previous grails and just put AP on the base. There is no set amount of AP versions, so theoretically they could make as many as they wanted. They don't do that cause that would be ****ed up.

Yes, a bunch of APs would be shady, but finishing the run is not IMO and won't affect the value much if any after they re-sellout. Same thing happened with the Star Wars pieces I mentioned, they went down for a while now are back way up.

Selling them at "market price" is MUCH more shady. ARH did that with a few Medusas they "found" and people freaked, especially those who were on the wait list.

Yes, a bunch of APs would be shady, but finishing the run is not IMO and won't affect the value much if any after they re-sellout. Same thing happened with the Star Wars pieces I mentioned, they went down for a while now are back way up.

Selling them at "market price" is MUCH more shady. ARH did that with a few Medusas they "found" and people freaked, especially those who were on the wait list.

So what would you say to people that just payed $4k for one this year? If they came out from the beginning and said it's possible they may come back and make more to finish out the 1,000 that's different than coming out 5 years later and making more out of the blue. If they ever did that, I would never buy from them again.

It's principle to me. If an item is finished , it's finished. The thing is anyone that wanted one could've gotten one back then. People had plenty of time. I wish more companies did what cm does with it's es sizes. Cap out at a 1,000, if you don't get that many, stop production early and save some for replacements .

So what would you say to people that just payed $4k for one this year? If they came out from the beginning and said it's possible they may come back and make more to finish out the 1,000 that's different than coming out 5 years later and making more out of the blue. If they ever did that, I would never buy from them again.

It's principle to me. If an item is finished , it's finished. The thing is anyone that wanted one could've gotten one back then. People had plenty of time. I wish more companies did what cm does with it's es sizes. Cap out at a 1,000, if you don't get that many, stop production early and save some for replacements .

So if you made a statue, it sold out then a year later you knew you could make another 200 for $100,000 profit you wouldn't do it because it would piss of some strangers?

The real reason is more like they don't re-issue because the factory/paint and process would all have to be set up again, I doubt it's anything to do with being genuine. Maybe you would lose a few collectors, but you would replace them with others.

It's not SS problem if you pay $2000 for a Doom PF. That's on you.

So if you made a statue, it sold out then a year later you knew you could make another 200 for $100,000 profit you wouldn't do it because it would piss of some strangers?

The real reason is more like they don't re-issue because the factory/paint and process would all have to be set up again, I doubt it's anything to do with being genuine. Maybe you would lose a few collectors, but you would replace them with others.

If it's ES is set, I don't think they should ever do reissue. Or else what is the meaning of ES?

I guess they could, but it seems as though CM/ECC have a lot of integrity and the founder of CM wasn't ever in this to make a quick buck, as evident by the lack of releases over the years. They produced to the adequate demand of all their pieces, never making over a 1,000. The CM Pred didn't go crazy in value for awhile. The only pieces that have me scratching my head or the reissues of the Batmobile and Godzilla. Not sure why they came out with those pieces again. I'd sell my CM Pred if I ever found out they were making more. I wouldn't buy their Markus or any of their upcoming pieces if they did that too.

The only reason it would bother me if they made more is cause it's been so many years since the sell out. Variants like the Reaper or Hulk don't bother me, but flat out reissuing the exact piece years after selling out should be a crime. That's bad business when dealing with this expensive hobby. It's companies like CM/ECC/XM that keep me really interested in this hobby cause SS does a lot of shady things and the ES's continue to rise with the prices. They cost more, but I have more faith in them overall even though I still do order a few pieces from SS here and there.

SS strategy has made XM very popular choice with collectors.

If it's ES is set, I don't think they should ever do reissue. Or else what is the meaning of ES?

That is what bothers me about the 'new' Reaper. Original is set at 300 ES so in order to re-issue it (that's how I see it anyway), they change a couple arms and colors and voilá a 'brand new' statue.
If the variant is actually different in outfit, weapons and headsculpt I am ok with it, but just a repaint is a (beep) move IMO.

There is no ES on Wolf though, but I agree there should be no re-issue if there is a number.

That is what bothers me about the 'new' Reaper.

The re-issue has a different face though doesn't he? Or are they re-issueing the original? I think in any case , they screwed up the Court Line because I don't think at the time they maybe knew it would turn out so massive. Nobody knew the Reaper would be part of something so big, I think for people to get another chance is pretty cool myself.

Sure I would , but I wouldn't wait 5-10 years after the fact to make another 200. If it were me, I would've just made 1000 cm preds to begin with, but I have some bit of integrity not to try and do it waaaay down the road, screwing ppl that paid way over retail. I don't mind the reaper situation, that is a unique thing where ss saw they screwed themselves , so now they're are making up for it.

That is what bothers me about the 'new' Reaper. Original is set at 300 ES so in order to re-issue it (that's how I see it anyway), they change a couple arms and colors and voilá a 'brand new' statue.
If the variant is actually different in outfit, weapons and headsculpt I am ok with it, but just a repaint is a (beep) move IMO.

Well, the Gladiator Hulk/King Hulk. Rainbow Hulk. All very similar strategy by SS

Well, the Gladiator Hulk/King Hulk. Rainbow Hulk. All very similar strategy by SS
Completely different scenario.
Buyers were made aware of the three different options for the Hulk PF from the beginning.
Gladiator and King are similar but totally different statues. If I had dropped a NRD on G then prefered the look of King I would of been pissed off. Luckily, for me, G is much better.

Gladiator and King are similar but totally different statues. If I had dropped a NRD on G then prefered the look of King I would of been pissed off. Luckily, for me, G is much better.

I'm completely guessing here, but I suspect people in that situation would have been allowed to transfer their NRDs, it would only be fair.

I'm completely guessing here, but I suspect people in that situation would have been allowed to transfer their NRDs, it would only be fair.

Yup, they should allow. Only fair that way.

doesn't matter if they didn't sell 1,000. Nobody said they couldn't make 1,000, they decided on their own to stop short on all of their statues. It would be royally screwing over everyone that paid way over retail. If CM wants to make more, but pricing it at market value ($3500-4000) then fine, do that, but making more now and pricing it somewhere in the 2k range would be shady. It would be the same deal if SS came out and re did all previous grails and just put AP on the base. There is no set amount of AP versions, so theoretically they could make as many as they wanted. They don't do that cause that would be ****ed up.

:goodpost:

I totally agree with what your saying. not trying to sound mean or anything like that. But this is why a few of us collect in the first place. To own something that is a true collectable, and given the price. Why shuld we not be pissed if we have something rare and treasuarble just to see it get re-issued again.

Back