Statue Will you Order Wolverine Legendary Scale Figure if he's $2000?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy Wolverine LSF @ 2000 with an open edition size?

• Total voters
Sorry fuzzy, but doesn't really make sense to me.

I can understand SS releases too many pieces we want in a relatively short period of time and one has to selective on which piece to get first and which one can wait. I could also understand that many times, one has to wait to save some money for X months to afford such pieces, especially when there is a $2000 price tag on them. But the IM 1:2 was released almost two years ago! Don't you think that those collectors who really want to have this piece in their collection will have it by now?? I mean, two years!

Don't you think that the fact that you (or anyoone) have waited so long might be related to you not being really interested in such piece?

A couple of reasons why someone may hold off getting a IM 1:2 piece:
-prioritise other pieces since open edition IM will be around for years and actual limited edition ones will be sold out.
-wait for better and thicker casting
-wait for better packing
-still on the fence
-waiting to see the size/scale compared to other Marvel LSFs
-saving up for it
-don't have space for it right now
-in the middle of moving

I'm sure there could be other reasons I've missed out tho'.

Sorry fuzzy, but doesn't really make sense to me.

I can understand SS releases too many pieces we want in a relatively short period of time and one has to selective on which piece to get first and which one can wait. I could also understand that many times, one has to wait to save some money for X months to afford such pieces, especially when there is a $2000 price tag on them. But the IM 1:2 was released almost two years ago! Don't you think that those collectors who really want to have this piece in their collection will have it by now?? I mean, two years!

Don't you think that the fact that you (or anyoone) have waited so long might be related to you not being really interested in such piece?

I don't think it's that straightforward when it comes to a piece of this price. Availability means that even if you really want something, so long as it's still there you could afford to drag your feet for as long as it's there; you only kick yourself when its gone (and if you dont at that point, then whether you liked it at all in the first place becomes questionable, I think).

When CM released Predator I loved it, but it was available: play.com, forbidden planet, ebay (UK), may even in LCS... Then it sold out everywhere and I couldn't find one. Took me a couple years to find a piece that was in the condition I needed it to be, and for me to have the funds to get it. Once that happened, I got one. If the CM Predator were still in stock today I probably still won't have one... That doesn't mean I don't like the piece

---
I am here: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.541290,-0.450972

I don't think it's that straightforward when it comes to a piece of this price. Availability means that even if you really want something, so long as it's still there you could afford to drag your feet for as long as it's there; you only kick yourself when its gone (and if you dont at that point, then whether you liked it at all in the first place becomes questionable, I think).

When CM released Predator I loved it, but it was available: play.com, forbidden planet, ebay (UK), may even in LCS... Then it sold out everywhere and I couldn't find one. Took me a couple years to find a piece that was in the condition I needed it to be, and for me to have the funds to get it. Once that happened, I got one. If the CM Predator were still in stock today I probably still won't have one... That doesn't mean I don't like the piece---
I am here: https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.541290,-0.450972

So what does it mean? Sold out pieces are more desirable for you??

A couple of reasons why someone may hold off getting a IM 1:2 piece:
-prioritise other pieces since open edition IM will be around for years and actual limited edition ones will be sold out.
-wait for better and thicker casting
-wait for better packing
-still on the fence
-waiting to see the size/scale compared to other Marvel LSFs
-saving up for it
-don't have space for it right now
-in the middle of moving
-
I'm sure there could be other reasons I've missed out tho'.

Oh, I am sure there must be many other reasons. So what was yours? That it is still in stock?

So what does it mean? Sold out pieces are more desirable for you??

No. It means that all things being equal, availability looses to rarity. If I know I can always get a piece then I wont be in as much of a hurry to get it as if I know its the last one on the shelf... even though I like the piece equally in both instances

Back