1/6 Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Decide on a character-by-character basis

Votes: 41 34.2%

• Total voters
I like the 'if hot toys runs out of OT figures' ideas, they've already rereleased ANH vader. They will never "run out".

Case by case. Depends on whether I like the character or not. I've been enjoying the ST and the characters so I've been getting figures from those movies. However, I really didn't connect with anyone in RO so I skipped figures from that one even though I liked the character designs. I liked how they looked, but there was just no emotional tie to them.

But like many here, the OT is my main focus, specifically Han. So I'll most likely get at least an Alden Solo from the new movie.

:exactly: Pretty much this. Love the OT so that remains my main focus but, if I like a character enough I'll buy them whichever era they are from. :)

I like the 'if hot toys runs out of OT figures' ideas, they've already rereleased ANH vader. They will never "run out".

Yeah I'm sure they'll find a way to keep it going, as long as fans are still buying. And they can always do things like release more weathered versions of the previous figures, or put the characters in their alternate Marvel Comics outfits (since they are now considered canon after all).

With Rian Johnson and now Benioff/Weiss set to take the SW saga beyond the Skywalker era, will you be taking the opportunity to exit this expensive hobby, or are you excited for the possibilities to come?

As for me, I think I'll take the opportunity to quit. My collecting has been driven by nostalgia for the original saga, so after that I doubt I'll be maintaining much interest in SW.

Coming from a dude with the name Prime Clone and a Temura headsculpt? haha that's funny, you have my exact sentiment except I disregard prequels. Rogue One is the only DVD that will accompany the OT on my shelf. I'm just doing my best to enjoy the new movies which has apparently been working out much better for me than others haha. They don't bother me because it's just fun, they can never REMAKE star wars, rogue one was close, so I let go and I'm just enjoying them. Nothing could ever be as bad as the Prequels imho because the first burn is the worse, you burn you learn, so I'm just having fun. But to the question at hand, I will always only collect OT. Even when it comes to my 501st patches, or toys, if there is a clone anything anywhere I look at it with a sad face and give it away or trade it off.

There is so much in OT, I don't think they could run out, if they did, they could just do improved runs, that's what 3.75 has been doing for 30 years lol

There is so much in OT, I don't think they could run out, if they did, they could just do improved runs, that's what 3.75 has been doing for 30 years lol

Howard Chan said that they had just over 900 characters to choose from when they did Luke DX under the Sideshow license, the milk will last forever with Star Wars. Of course that was with PT included, but still...

I think I'm going to watch them this wknd! rogue one, ANH, holiday special, ESB, then ROTJ! :)

Coming from a dude with the name Prime Clone and a Temura headsculpt? haha that's funny, you have my exact sentiment except I disregard prequels. Rogue One is the only DVD that will accompany the OT on my shelf. I'm just doing my best to enjoy the new movies which has apparently been working out much better for me than others haha. They don't bother me because it's just fun, they can never REMAKE star wars, rogue one was close, so I let go and I'm just enjoying them. Nothing could ever be as bad as the Prequels imho because the first burn is the worse, you burn you learn, so I'm just having fun. But to the question at hand, I will always only collect OT. Even when it comes to my 501st patches, or toys, if there is a clone anything anywhere I look at it with a sad face and give it away or trade it off.

Hehe yes, I liked the prequels more than most, but mainly because they were giving the OT a back story! Plus I approached them as the Gospel According to George.

It's pretty clear that Disney is instituting the "Marvel Studios protocol" with Star Wars which makes sense given we're getting a new land in both theme parks and a themed hotel in Orlando but with that kind of over saturation the HT figures will fall into that same category of Marvel Studios were I have to pick and choose and usually let more than a few just pass along.

I agree, I just wish new trilogies depart from Skyewalker timeline and spin-off trilogy and leave it as it is and explore different timelines and characters.

Howard Chan said that they had just over 900 characters to choose from when they did Luke DX under the Sideshow license, the milk will last forever with Star Wars. Of course that was with PT included, but still...

Plus now they have blue and green milk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always in motion is my canon and so is my collecting focus. Even just for the OT I go back and forth all the time. One year I'll decide "just the ANH heroes and villains; simple, iconic, and classy" and then some random and awesome looking figure from ROTJ gets previewed and that entire mindset goes out the window, lol.

I buy and sell figures all the time with ANH being the one constant that I never let go of. So I'll probably continue to pick up whatever figures I like from whichever films I like. Whether or not I keep them more than a few months is a different story, lol.

Right now all I own are figures from ANH plus Jyn Erso in Imperial disguise.

Always in motion is my canon

1181-rer-y.gif

(... for the prequels!)

:lol :lol

I don't see myself every accepting the prequels wholesale but RO re-canonized Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa for me and Luke re-canonized "Darth Sidious" in TLJ so I suppose anything is possible, lol.

:lol :lol

I don't see myself every accepting the prequels wholesale but RO re-canonized Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa for me and Luke re-canonized "Darth Sidious" in TLJ so I suppose anything is possible, lol.

If, during JJs journey to tie all the movies together in Episode IX, force ghost Anakin appears and its Hayden playing the role does that mean that the Khev canon could make room for Haydakin too?

Luke re-canonized "Darth Sidious" in TLJ

Ya gotta admit, Palpatine’s grand scheme was genius even if you didn’t like the execution of the films.

Johnson is a prequel fan, but I like how he deftly acknowledged them without hitting people over the head with it.

yes i will collect SW things all my life. they got a lifelong fan with me 😊

Back