1/6 Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you keep collecting Star Wars figures post-Skywalker era?

• Yes

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 33.3%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Decide on a character-by-character basis

Votes: 41 34.2%

• Total voters
It's all about the content for me. If the character is awesome, I might. Kylo Ren does look awesome with the mask on. Like an actual Sith Lord. I got on board with that. Rest of the Sequel Trilogy characters are terrible. Knights of Ren could be awesome even though the new movies suck.

I suspect we'll get sequels and prequels that bring Skywalker characters back. Hell, in this day and age, we might see cg old Leia, cloned Vader, and Luke return from the grave.

But no, I only collect ot figures.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Probably not. But you never know, if something good comes up. I would have gone for the main Rogue One trio if Cassian would have been available. But HT has sort of solved that problem for me by not releasing him.

I did buy TFA Han & Chewie expecting to maybe get a few ST rebels (hated the troopers), but now having either Luke or Leia or anyone else standing on a shelf looking back at me would just bring back bad memories.

I hated the PT with a vengeance too, but I could still enjoy the cool looking phase 3 clones and even cope with a couple of droids for them to kill. No jedi though, those guys give me the same bad feeling as ST Luke/Leia would.

If, during JJs journey to tie all the movies together in Episode IX, force ghost Anakin appears and its Hayden playing the role does that mean that the Khev canon could make room for Haydakin too?

Well if Hayden appears in Episode IX *and* I love how he portrays Anakin then I'd be inclined to accept "Episode IX Hayden" as a canon Anakin but not AOTC/ROTS. I would just pretend that there was a cool version of canon Hayden in prequels that were never filmed. But I really don't like the idea of Anakin's ghost appearing as his younger self. That's just vain and weird. Imagine if Luke appears to Rey in Episode IX as his ESB self. If Anakin were ever to appear as a ghost again, whether to Kylo, Rey or anyone else then in my opinion it should be his Sebastian Shaw likeness and no one else. As always we'll just have to see.

I usually get every Star Wars HT figure, but after the Last Jedi I stopped getting any of the new figures from that episode. At this point I'll get anything from the episodes 1-6 and see what Star Wars Mythos figures Sideshow releases. But as for any figure for episode 7+, I'm out.

If any figures are released for Solo, it will be "wait and see" for me on that. The movie will have to be solid to add any figures to my collection.

But I really don't like the idea of Anakin's ghost appearing as his younger self. That's just vain and weird.

I'm sure there's a logic to it, George just never spelt it out. Something about returning to his last "good" state.

"Live fast, turn evil young, leave a good-looking Force ghost!"

I read on here that's what was meant by Return of the Jedi, when I always thought it meant the return of the Jedi Order through Luke.

Didn't we go through this phase when the Extended Universe started?

I'm sure there's a logic to it, George just never spelt it out. Something about returning to his last "good" state.

This is the rationale I've always heard for it as well, but it's never made sense to me.

His last "good" state was when he redeemed himself and saved Luke. In fact, when we last saw him in full form as his younger self, he was bad, not good. In order for the young Anakin insert at the end of RotJ to make sense, you'd have to say it was his last form when he had all his natural limbs, or was his natural self.

I think the real reason was to simply further connect the OT to the PT, nothing more.

But I really don't like the idea of Anakin's ghost appearing as his younger self. That's just vain and weird. Imagine if Luke appears to Rey in Episode IX as his ESB self. If Anakin were ever to appear as a ghost again, whether to Kylo, Rey or anyone else then in my opinion it should be his Sebastian Shaw likeness and no one else. As always we'll just have to see.

:exactly:

The idea of father and son makes more sense when they're of those separate ages/generations. Not when Luke looks older than his dad too. Was such a silly addition.

One thing I find problematic with things like that is there's this idea that sequels can get away with things with the assumption the viewer as seen the other movies in a series. But not all viewers will have. This is one that would completely fail that scenario.

It didn't help that Hayden looked just as creepy and stalkery as a Force Ghost as he did when he was alive. :lol

star-wars-the-froce-awakens-concept-art-005 (446x500).jpg

I always hated them shoehorning Hayden into that last shot. As Luke never saw his father young, it wouldn't have been an emotional moment for him. I suppose we should be grateful, they didn't try to paste his digitally aged face into the unmasking / death scene.

Wait and see for me but I'm tending more and more towards no because of TLJ and the way prices are going.

With 100+ SS and HT's figures I'm going to have to face reality and start selling to even fit newer figures in anyway. However, so many of my OT and PT figures mean a lot to me even if earlier releases aren't a scratch on what is being produced these days.

I look at characters like Aayla Secura and Ventress and can't imagine what HT's could produce compared to the SS releases but I've had these forever and I don't really want to sell.

I personally didn't like TLJ so cancelled my pre-orders. I won't pre-order anything from Solo as I'm not expecting much at all . . . . but I may see it and love it.

The new Emperor is a perfect example of where I'm stuck now. HT's version has absolutely floored me how good it is but I still haven't pulled the trigger having the SS version. No doubt I will get the non-deluxe but can't really see the point in having x2 seated Sheev's.
(It's bad enough trying to justify having the HT & SS Leia displayed and the grief that brings from the Mrs! :lol )

Wait and see for me but I'm tending more and more towards no because of TLJ and the way prices are going.

With 100+ SS and HT's figures I'm going to have to face reality and start selling to even fit newer figures in anyway. However, so many of my OT and PT figures mean a lot to me even if earlier releases aren't a scratch on what is being produced these days.

I look at characters like Aayla Secura and Ventress and can't imagine what HT's could produce compared to the SS releases but I've had these forever and I don't really want to sell.

I personally didn't like TLJ so cancelled my pre-orders. I won't pre-order anything from Solo as I'm not expecting much at all . . . . but I may see it and love it.

The new Emperor is a perfect example of where I'm stuck now. HT's version has absolutely floored me how good it is but I still haven't pulled the trigger having the SS version. No doubt I will get the non-deluxe but can't really see the point in having x2 seated Sheev's.
(It's bad enough trying to justify having the HT & SS Leia displayed and the grief that brings from the Mrs! :lol )

I’m in a similar place with the new emperor. He looked so awesome but is so awesome I don’t want my sideshow? With the costs involved I will probably stick with sideshow

Probably!

I was gonna suggest that Force ghosts represent an "idealized" state, like Luke's Force projection in TLJ. But that doesn't explain old Ben.

Anyhoo, there's only one true Anakin:

tumblr_ott7jyAYDe1w8mobyo3_540.gif

I always thought that they were represented as their peak moments. Anakin the moment before he fell (young man) and Obi Wan the moment he sacrificed himself. (old man)

Back