1/6 Hot Toys - MMS297 - Star Wars: Episode IV - Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM

Would also love to see your custom tunic and hear how you made it!

It's just a simple tunic made the same way as the HT one, just with a softer kind of fabric. It hangs a bit too low at the moment, but I haven't gotten around to shortening it yet.

20200823_150918 (2).jpg

Thanks guys. And yeah it's a shame HT wasn't able to replicate something as simple as Luke and Leia's outfits in ANH. You'd think that would be an absolute breeze for them.

Where'd you get the fabric? One day I decided to look at a Joanne's Fabric and see if anything might work for 1/6 stuff, despite me having zero sewing experience haha. I was pretty surprised how little, if anything, they had would be usable. Obviously lots of quilt-like patterns for all the grandma's, but I don't think I could've used anything there to even make a t-shirt.

Yeah I've never found much at Joanne's either. But I have a couple smaller Vietnamese fabric shops in my area that have a much greater variety of fabrics to choose from. I can't remember where I got this fabric though as it's been so long. It doesn't have the right texture for Luke's tunic, but is the only thing I was able to find that had that loose drapey look I wanted.

And all the sewing skill I have was acquired simply from taking apart and studying how other outfits were made, and lots of trial and error. But I'm still pretty amateur at it.

Finally got one of my Jnix sculpts today. Been looking forward to owning one of these for years but never had the scratch to get one. Just as impressive in hand.

Attachments

• 932BA011-2313-4F74-A41B-BE7F061CA034.jpeg
    932BA011-2313-4F74-A41B-BE7F061CA034.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 55AA916D-9753-4C3C-802F-616EB22489BB.jpeg
    55AA916D-9753-4C3C-802F-616EB22489BB.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 0
Back