Will the PT be loved more or hated more after TFA releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my biggest wish with Disney, my biggest hope is that Disney remakes the prequels.

Why not, this is the age of remakes, Reboots and sequels right? Studios don't care about Original ideas anymore, Why Not use that to our advantage?

Lucas, Instead of remastering everything and adding CGI to the movies and changing them, I never understood why he didn't just try to remake them (I hope Disney is thinking about it)

it has been long enough too. remake them so that they come out after this trilogy. fix the problems with the first ones, fix Jar Jar (delete him) Fix Anakin...
not only would it make a lot of money but it would fix this whole problem.

If you watch the documentary the people vs George Lucas than you can sympathize with the fans who were so excited for episode 1 but it turned out to be a huge let down.

People went into the theater for a movie just to see the trailer and then they walked out.

Hold on here it is

Star Wars Episode 1 Explained In 10 Minutes (The People vs George Lucas) - YouTube

Just watch this Jedi and maybe you'll see why.

This is a parphrase but... "In episode 2 when Jar Jar looks at the camera and smiles... like... are you trying to antagonize us? Like it was like he was smiling and saying I am still here!" BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I gotta say that is true, gotta love George for that.

Honestly.... all I got out of that was a bunch of dudes who sat in tents, **** in pans and ******* in bottles, hopes are way to high they are just going to be letdown. There is no way that the movie could have lived up to the hype. If anything the hype killed this movie. Every single one of those guys... just by the way they talked.... knew what they wanted. You can tell. They knew what they wanted to happen. The one guy said Anakin and Obi Wan meeting wow! He was so excited. He knew what he wanted from that. He didn't get it. I don't feel sorry for them honestly. They were dumb to get hopes up so high that they were unreachable.

Hype + entitlement to there wishes coming true = hatred. Sorry, but that is what I got.

Phantom Menace was not just "Another movie" it was the most anticipated prequel of pretty much all time... (all things considered)

not only was it a prequel but it was supposed to compliment the originals (not just in the story but in the way they looked and were made)

people expected to see the same kind of movie the originals were... the same kind of visuals, style. I think some people expected the effects to feel similar (even if it was CGI)

you cannot blame people to still be angry... the PM crushed some of the more hardcore fans.

basically PM crush the idea of hope in some people... the idea of trust, I know this is too much to ask of Lucas and some fans would never be satisfied no matter what

but that crushing of hope and trust is what I felt when I saw the matrix sequels (Specially the third one) maybe I was naive or childish to think about it that way,

but after the matrix 3 i was suspicious or all movies. I couldn't feel too excited about an upcoming movie because I was afraid I would get really excited and then i would get burned the same way.
(I think I still feel that way even now) the 3rd matrix made me paranoid of feeling hype.)

Imagine that multiplied by 100, that's what SW fans felt :lol:lol

I think most movie fans feel that crushing of hope in their lives. I guess it is inevitable and it just makes you grow up (become a "man" sort of speak)

but with PM I can see why people are still bitter about it. I wasn't even a hardcore fan of SW and the experience of watching PM was so bad It brings bad memories. a bad feeling

TFA will be a success and the PT will be hated on even more.

If anything it will prove how incompetent Lucas was and how much the originals are only good because of all the help he got (the originals would have been terrible if it wasn't for his ex wife's input.

You mean her fantastic editing and pacing skills. The reason she got pushed away and doesn't get credit is because she cucked Lucas with a Skywalker Ranch employee in the 80s. It's understandable.

Lets not go all Bob Finger/Jack Kirby on Lucas and say he wasn't responsible for the Original Trilogy or anything good. That's not fair and it isn't right. The guy was capable and was the brains of the organization. He came up with the good and the bad. He's the author, the brain child. No Lucas, no Luke, Vader, Obi-Wan, Han or that world. He was smart enough to bring in the talents that helped make it what it was, from the FX guys to John Williams.

You mean her fantastic editing and pacing skills. The reason she got pushed away and doesn't get credit is because she cucked Lucas with a Skywalker Ranch employee in the 80s. It's understandable.

Lets not go all Bob Finger/Jack Kirby on Lucas and say he wasn't responsible for the Original Trilogy or anything good. That's not fair and it isn't right. The guy was capable and was the brains of the organization. He came up with the good and the bad. He's the author, the brain child. No Lucas, no Luke, Vader, Obi-Wan, Han or that world. He was smart enough to bring in the talents that helped make it what it was, from the FX guys to John Williams.

well it WAS his story and his characters obviously. but those movies had a lot of input from different people. script was changed. Things were fixed. corrected.
none of that happened with the new ones.
which always makes me wonder that if Lucas was free to do what he wanted on the originals without any outside input and he directed all 3, people wouldn't have love them as much

Oh darn it, this happens every time I forget to let Snoop in during bad weather.....:slap

rain-raining-gif-snoopy-peanuts.gif

C'mon in mate....

:lol :lol :lol

I smell wet dog....

my biggest wish with Disney, my biggest hope is that Disney remakes the prequels.

Not likely in this lifetime. Would be too confusing for the masses, plus the larger canon (comics etc) are proceeding with the prequels as gospel.

people expected to see the same kind of movie the originals were...

I actually admire George for doing it his way and giving us something different. If you want a rehash of the OT, go see TFA.

well it WAS his story and his characters obviously. but those movies had a lot of input from different people. script was changed. Things were fixed. corrected.
none of that happened with the new ones.
which always makes me wonder that if Lucas was free to do what he wanted on the originals without any outside input and he directed all 3, people wouldn't have love them as much

This in my opinion was probably the biggest problem with the PT... No outside input. Just a bunch of yes men and women.

TFA could be the worse film ever made and I still won't appreciate the PT.... I will just have to accept there are 4 bad SW films instead of 3. I will then hope and prey that the next films are better.

^thats like choosing between a bag of moldy bread and a handful of doggie pewp. moldy bread now becomes tolerable compared to pewp. lolz

Not likely in this lifetime. Would be too confusing for the masses, plus the larger canon (comics etc) are proceeding with the prequels as gospel.

I actually admire George for doing it his way and giving us something different. If you want a rehash of the OT, go see TFA.

I meant quality and style but technically Lucas did say that the prequels were meant to mirror the originals... And he didn't even get that right:lol

I think he means we expected good movies.

Yep,

How the hell were the prequels supposed to mirror each other? OT was about the Rise of Jedi. PT was about the Fall. So of course they're different... you can't put "Yahoo, that's one hell of a shot" while Ani killin. :lol

I'm surprised no-one mentions ROTJ when comparing all the SW movies. It bookends the OT ok but it's easily my least favourite and least viewed of the OT. People complain about ROTS ruining Vader however in my opinion ROTJ already ruined the great work that ESB had done in establishing Vader as one of the great villains. Again I'm not complaining about that, as I said ROTJ is an ok bookend to the trilogy but it just seems that fans are happy to ignore the obvious flaws in that film because it's part of the OT.

Back