Will the PT be loved more or hated more after TFA releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1644edddbad1157b5687253923fe0985.gif

PT is still canon and will be there forever.
The hate is used to fuel the marketing for these new "back to SWOT roots, and btw Lucas sucks" films.
You need to wait 'till the hype is gone before trying to draw any conclusions.

this is the 3rd boo hoo thread for the PT.

and just like the PT...this thread sux.

cheesuz...this is like herpes.

Ugh stop making threads about the pt! None of these guys on here are going to change there mind about nor will tolerate anything pt related.

Just like what you like. I like revenge of the sith , I thought the light saber duel at the end was brilliant but I know for a fact Star Wars fans hated it and I understand why. The pt just feels different in every way possible .

The only way it will make people like the PT more is if TFA is such a Godawful trainwreck of a film that the PT looks good in comparison. I used to dislike Alien 3...until I saw Alien Resurrection. Sweet Jesus, that movie is terrible! Made me appreciate Alien 3 so much more. If TFA give the fans what they want and they leave happy and talk about how much they liked it or how interested they are to see where the story goes next, then the prequels will probably be forgotten about, canon or not. We'll find out in a little less than a month.

Another thread? Give it a rest already!

Ill probably get infracted for this, but How can somebody with such a thick skull have such thin skin!?

Sorry, but this is just beyond tiresome.

they should re-make the PT..completely NEW story ... ... it would be a punch in GL face..but I would sign it right away

There are parts that are not so bad.... but others are HORRIBLE .. (the slap stick ist just horrible bad.. giving all the Droids human behaviors.. HORRIBLE. and the love announcements between Anakin and Padme ... HORRIBLE..super fast transition from Jedi to Sith of Anakin)

besides.. TFA doubt it will suck or be equal with the PT ..

and besides besides.. this thread is useless

the Idea of the PT is great !! I love to see how the Republic drawn into the empire.. how Vader became vader.. thats just great film material to work with.. the executions disappointed ..

the Idea of the PT is great !! I love to see how the Republic drawn into the empire.. how Vader became vader.. thats just great film material to work with.. the executions disappointed ..

Like most things Lucas, the ideas are solid but they need to beaten into shape by other writers and producers, like unrefined ore being hammered out on an anvil. The original trilogy is a prime example of art arising from adversity.

Personally I think it was poor form on Disney's part to completely jettison his outline synopsis for a sequel trilogy and go with what appears to be a lazy rehash of Episode IV. Everything I've seen from TFA has massively underwhelmed me, putting aside the top-notch CGI this film made it clear that set-building and set-dressing are dying arts in Hollywood. After the prequel trilogy I was hoping Star Wars in cinematic form would be laid to rest, but now Disney have their hooks in it and seem determined to milk its desiccated udders dry of every last foetid, rancid drop they can squeeze out.

Like most things Lucas, the ideas are solid but they need to beaten into shape by other writers and producers, like unrefined ore being hammered out on an anvil. The original trilogy is a prime example of art arising from adversity.

Personally I think it was poor form on Disney's part to completely jettison his outline synopsis for a sequel trilogy and go with what appears to be a lazy rehash of Episode IV. Everything I've seen from TFA has massively underwhelmed me, putting aside the top-notch CGI this film made it clear that set-building and set-dressing are dying arts in Hollywood. After the prequel trilogy I was hoping Star Wars in cinematic form would be laid to rest, but now Disney have their hooks in it and seem determined to milk its desiccated udders dry of every last foetid, rancid drop they can squeeze out.

This is all I see from the trailers. I have my expectations pretty low.

Back