Will the PT be loved more or hated more after TFA releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prequel "bashing" or hate will never go away completely and it'll always be part of the SW legacy. Best case scenario, a new SW film is so bad, it becomes the new standard for mediocrity, but even then, people will compare it to the the prequels, thus completing the circle of hate. And it is highly probable that we'll see some really bad SW films with Disney making a new SW movie every year.

The only thing you can do is

0ryQ0gz.gif

The prequel "bashing" or hate will never go away completely and it'll always be part of the SW legacy. Best case scenario, a new SW film is so bad, it becomes the new standard for mediocrity, but even then, people will compare it the the prequels, thus completing the circle of hate. And it is highly probable that we'll see some really bad SW films with Disney making a new SW film every year.

As much as I wish it weren't true, the law of averages will make it so. Even Pixar finally made some crap.

But it's so obvious that you do care. People bash them because they don't like them it's really simple.
If you don't care why do you need to know why they hate them?

One, to see if I am blinded by my nostalgia. Technically I grew up with the PT and I wanted to see the faults from people who didn't grow up with them. I did see the faults of certain scenes throughout all the movies.

I am more interested as to why people still complain about these ten years later now. It is annoying in every thread. I really can't understand why some continue complaining. Aren't they tired of it? Notice how those complainers are perfectly fine but saying you like the PT and defending it.... you become the villain.... interesting.... even before I made these threads I got bashed on....

I think WWE needs to follow my lead and leave others to their opinion. Sure, it *is* annoying when people prequel-bash at every opportunity, but engaging them only prolongs it.

I haven't seen much talk of the PT outside these threads since I brought it up to be honest.

He just enjoys the attention. Perhaps we could help by suggesting new hobbies.

I don't want attention on a toy forum. I see more and more knocks on me and I just laugh, like this one.

The prequel "bashing" or hate will never go away completely and it'll always be part of the SW legacy. Best case scenario, a new SW film is so bad, it becomes the new standard for mediocrity, but even then, people will compare it the the prequels, thus completing the circle of hate. And it is highly probable that we'll see some really bad SW films with Disney making a new SW film every year.

The only thing you can do is

Maybe the PT haters should deal with the hate they have and move along? It is interesting how I am "obsessed with the PT" for making three threads in a weeks time but those who hate on them for years repeating the same thing over and over again are not obsessed at all. :lol

Maybe the PT haters should deal with the hate they have and move along? It is interesting how I am "obsessed with the PT" for making three threads in a weeks time but those who hate on them for years repeating the same thing over and over again are not obsessed at all. :lol

The "hate" and "bashing" is dealing with it. It's therapeutic to talk about them, like an AA meeting where people gather to talk about their problem. It's going to take longer than 10 years, but the new films might help :lol

There's obviously been a resurgence in prequel hate now that Star Wars is back on the radar. And it's not limited to these forums - pretty much any online article that mentions the prequels nowadays feels obliged to take a swipe at them. Even an article in Star Wars Insider admitted some people hated them (though it offered reasons why they shouldn't).

Then, of course, there's Simon Pegg...

Whether it's a majority opinion is unclear. It probably is among older fans, but as I said earlier, it's the haters who usually make the most noise.

As WWE pointed out in one of the other threads, part of the problem was a preconceived notion of what the films should show. I was just happy George was letting us in on his back story, so that's probably why I enjoyed them more.

There's also a large body of opinion that ROTS was actually quite good. Hence my annoyance when "the prequels" get bashed without considering each of them on their merits.

Last edited:
The "hate" and "bashing" is dealing with it. It's therapeutic to talk about them, like an AA meeting where people gather to talk about their problem. It's going to take longer than 10 years, but the new films might help :lol

Welp, someone actually answered my question. An actual answer. I can't believe it. And it sadly makes sense. And I don't think you are even a big Star Wars fan are you?

The PT hate is a coping mechanism from what could have been or what should have been in the minds of the haters.

Welp I am done with PT threads. Thank this man. All I wanted was a legitimate reason and I got one.

Welp, someone actually answered my question. An actual answer. I can't believe it. And it sadly makes sense. And I don't think you are even a big Star Wars fan are you?

The PT hate is a coping mechanism from what could have been or what should have been in the minds of the haters.

Nope, not a HUGE fan, but I enjoy the OT and I also criticize all of them. You should have seen how people reacted when I posted everything wrong with ESB and ROTJ. It was a huge list :lol

Nope, not a HUGE fan, but I enjoy them and I also criticize all of them. You should have seen how people reacted when I posted everything wrong ESB and ROTJ. It was a huge list :lol

What thread? I need to read that list. You must have been public enemy number #1? My god..... going against ESB may just be the greatest crime on this board. :lol

What thread? I need to read that list. You must have been public enemy number #1? My god..... going against ESB may just be the greatest crime on this board. :lol

I believe it was in the SW TFA thread, but there are so many pages there and I don't remember which page it was on. I think it was a-dev who said I ruined them :lol He or Yankeefanboy might remember where it was...he didn't like that post.

I believe it was in the SW TFA thread, but there are so many pages there and I don't remember which page it was on. I think it was a-dev who said I ruined them :lol He or Yankeefanboy might remember where it was...he didn't like that post.

A-Dev.... Yankeefanboy.... if you guys didn't block me..... do you remember what page it was on? Or what month it was posted might be a start :lol

If they follow through with Lucas's original plan to make jar jar the over Lord of the Sith, then yes, the PT will be looked at differently, if not, no, the PT will still be hated.

https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Wasn't that a fan theory only?

It is a fan theory but the proof is too strong to not be true. Specially when Lucas was saying "Jar Jar is the key to all of this" That comment never EVER made any sense.

but now it does, now it definitely makes sense.

as well as how the prequel was meant to mirror the original trilogy and the prequels were meant to have a YODA type figure.
which is absent, Yoda acted almost the same way Jar Jar did at first.

those two things make me think it is all true,it makes sense. Why was Jar Jar such a big character in the first movie?
why make him join the Jedi in their quest.... for the kids? for the toy sales? the Ewoks were for kids but they were not like MAIN CHARACTERS.....
Jar Jar was too big of a character to just be for toy sales. he was given so much screen time... It definitely feels like they had something else planned.

then you factor in the fact that Count Dooku came out of nowhere and made no sense that he was in the movies. he was literally shoved into the movies...

it all ads up for me at least.

If you watch the documentary the people vs George Lucas than you can sympathize with the fans who were so excited for episode 1 but it turned out to be a huge let down.

People went into the theater for a movie just to see the trailer and then they walked out.

Hold on here it is

Star Wars Episode 1 Explained In 10 Minutes (The People vs George Lucas) - YouTube

Just watch this Jedi and maybe you'll see why.

it all ads up for me at least.

Think you're reading too much into it. He was Episode I's Threepio, a humorous and accident-prone sidekick (even though Threepio was also in the film).

Though I *was* bummed he never got to redeem himself. Instead he actually caused the rise of the Empire by moving the motion to give Palps emergency powers.

Back