Will The Hobbit make more $ than Avengers or TDKR?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fow yeewww

You'd put TDKR above your unborn children, and your children's children and not think twice about it! You'd give your lovely wife away if it meant courting teh great Noland!

It was a dig at the OP Fabio! :lol

As for my wife and unborn children. Family first BRO!

Well TDKR will obviously remain the best film of the year.

Hobbit will beat TDKR box office. It won't beat Avengers.

fow yeewww

You'd put TDKR above your unborn children, and your children's children and not think twice about it! You'd give your lovely wife away if it meant courting teh great Noland!

:lol :lol :lol

TDKR was nice but for me its not even the second best film I've seen this year.

And oh yeah.

It was a dig at the OP Fabio! :lol

I'm sure the Hobbit will be much better than that stinker, teh amazing pida man. And besides, nobody liked that movie (save for like 3 people in the whole world).

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Even though this is my most anticipated movie I don't see it coming close to the other two. Atleast from my experiences from working in movie stores people believe LOTR to be too nerdy for them, but as soon as you mention Avengers or Batman they are like omg best movie ever. I just believe the general population is not all that into LOTR compared to these other two. I could be wrong and it could just be my ****ty town and their terrible taste in movies. :lol

LOTR surprisingly is less nerdy from what I've encountered.

I've heard young kids scoff at the Star Wars films for being nerdy, but praise LOTR for being badass.

So who knows.

I'm one of those 3.

:(

:lol

I liked it as well.

Even though this is my most anticipated movie I don't see it coming close to the other two. Atleast from my experiences from working in movie stores people believe LOTR to be too nerdy for them, but as soon as you mention Avengers or Batman they are like omg best movie ever. I just believe the general population is not all that into LOTR compared to these other two. I could be wrong and it could just be my ****ty town and their terrible taste in movies. :lol

I agree that some tend to look at Tolkien's work as nerdy. However, the trilogy made 3 billion at the box office and ROTK made 1.1 billion dollars. I think it stands a chance.

Lots of weirdos like to dress up like they are 10 year olds at Halloween and go to the movies for these sorta things, so I'm gonna vote "yes."

I keed!! I keed!!

IPEgU.jpg

Gonna vote "no" of course.

LOTR surprisingly is less nerdy from what I've encountered.

I've heard young kids scoff at the Star Wars films for being nerdy, but praise LOTR for being badass.

So who knows.

Weird. Exact opposite here. When Star Wars came to Bluray people came in one after the other asking for them, but when LOTR came out on blu nobody cared :lol Oh well all I know is I will be seeing this at midnight, because it will be the best movie of the year :rock

I don't think they're watched a lot by the new generation, but it's "cooler" for them. It, and Harry Potter was their Star Wars.

This things going to be a cash cow either way, if it doesn't beat Avengers, its going to be very close.

Let the adventure begin...
sp_0613_07_v6.jpg

I think it'll beat TDKR and I hope it does. Not Avengers though. I think Ill like The Hobbit more than both of those but I don't think kids and famillies in general are as pumped to see a hobbit as they are to see the Hulk.

the only way it would have a chance, IMO, would be if it were renamed something other than "The Hobbit", purely for marketing reasons.
A lot of people that have not read the books will gloss over it assuming its a Hobbit movie and not a "bad-ass LOTR" movie... :monkey1

the only way it would have a chance, IMO, would be if it were renamed something other than "The Hobbit", purely for marketing reasons.
A lot of people that have not read the books will gloss over it assuming its a Hobbit movie and not a "bad-ass LOTR" movie... :monkey1

I don't think thats correct at all. Not to mention they are airing TV spots all over the place that show its relation to LOTR.

I don't think thats correct at all. Not to mention they are airing TV spots all over the place that show its relation to LOTR.

I don't know. I agree with you about TV spots all over the place, but I would never underestimate peoples stupidity :lol

The Hobbit will only technically beat Avengers at TDKR because its just 1 story chopped up into 3 tiny pieces, so they get to charge us 3 times as much as either TDKR or Avengers just to finish the story once :lol

Back