Will The Hobbit make more $ than Avengers or TDKR?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
TDKR =

Domestic Total $448,042,358

Worldwide: $1,080,944,546

Avengers = Domestic Total Gross: $623,357,910

Worldwide: $1,511,757,910

(Obviously this film is going to be miles better than any of those two films, but were talking $ here)

Avengers got crazy and will be hard to top. (but if there's a movie that can do it.......)

Bryan Singer, Director:
Just saw #Hobbit. Having some serious frame rate envy. Amazing and involving. Loved it! And @ianmckellen118, my friend, you are brilliant!

Stephen Gallagher, Film Composer:
Hobbit premiere was excellent! Thanks all !!! Enjoyed the film very much.

Wade Newman, New Zealand Journalist:
New 'Hobbit' film is eye-popping: Director Peter Jackson unveiled “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” -- and it's dazzling.

Kylie Klein tweeted, “The #Hobbit is everything I could have hoped for. Perfection. TWO MORE FILMS PLEASE. #3SR.”

New Zealand Parliament member Steven Joyce tweeted, “Really enjoyed #Hobbit Unexpected Journey world premiere. Masterful movie. Congrats Sir Peter Jackson et al. Privilege 2 be there #HobbitNZ”

A New Zealand attendee with Twitter handle Carter Nixon, also shared some high praise for the The Hobbit. Nixon tweeted, “I just saw and enjoyed the ***** out of The Hobbit. It’s great.” Follow-up tweets by Nixon added, “I am not giving away any particulars. Staying vague until it opens but I dug it. A lot.” and “Yeah everyone seemed to have loved it. Great atmosphere in theatre. It’s a lot of fun.”

Seeby Woodhouse @seeby Peter Jackson is a *****ing legend. The hobbit was awesome. Go see it people. Support NZ like Pete does

SO WHAT SAY YOU?

Last edited:
Ignoring the fact that it's directly linked to one of the greatest trilogies of all time, the HFR 3D will be a big draw card for places that are equipped. Beating out Avengers is ambitious but I think it's doable.

The biggest criticisms of the film will come from the Tolkien fanatics that ignore all the positives and write-off the entire film based on a few inconsistencies.

No. Because it's longer. Longer run times = less showings = less money.

But I could be wrong.

This first film will make a billion WW making their budget money back and some profit...The other 2 will be 2 billion plus worth of profit gravy for WB so they could fund JLA and the other blockbusters

Those bastardos are really getting around. Damn lizard people. :gah:

They really can't let any aspect of society operate without their influence. Otherwise, the world will succumb to the low minded actions of the philistines who have overrun the planet.

It's a necessary evil, but if they weren't there to control it, there might be more Nolan Batman movies.

It will break past TDKR, especially given the 3D and HFR options, which TDKR did not have.

It wont come close to Avengers though.

It will probably top out at around $1.2 billion

Back