Will Hot toys Pred1, Guardian or Berserker ever reach P2 Elder Status?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which hot toys pred will reach the crazy price points of P2 Elder First?

• Total voters
Wow you're one of the few who actually doesn't like P1. You don't think his head sculpt is one of the best? Of all the preds thus far, Orig Pred, P2 Elder, and maybe Wolf have the best head sculpts IMO. What is it about Orig Pred that you dislike?
Its not that i "dislike" ther figure. I just dont think its good enough representation. If you stand it straight up head looking forward it looks more stumpy than Classic did. The head looked oversized unless you turned it all the way to one side which also helped hide the terrible dreadlocks.

He was just too stocky. Taller and thinner would of made all the difference with this figure.

And i did like his face under the bio with open and closed mandibles. But i still wasnt comfortable displaying him with his face turned anywhere but to the side because he looked neck-less otherwise.

You are missing my point. I understand that the modern Star wars 3 3/4" figures aren't going to increase in value anytime soon, but the old vintage ones made in the 70s and 80s will still keep going up in value, just as the older Original Pred1 may still go up in value even if they re-released a newer more modern P1. But this is only speculation on my part. I would also argue that very few Elder P2 preds and AVP preds still exist in mint "sealed" and "unopened" condition. Most of the Elder P2 preds and AVP preds I see on ebay have already been opened or the taped seals already cut.

The price on vintage SW figures have risen and fallen over the years. The price for vintage SW figures was probably at it's peak back in 97 when the SE were released. I remember buying a vintage loose Imperial Gunner for like $70 back in the day at my lcs, and the same place I bought it from has one currently for $50 and the price on all their vintage SW stuff fluxuates all the time. Depends on how popular it is at the time.

Also think of it this way, when the V1 Joker came out, people were paying $150 for him, then the better BR version game out and V1 Joker stayed about the same price and did not increase in value because people wanted the V1 for the outfit but then the DX version came out and now you can't even give the V1 Joker away. That being said even if we see a better P1, I don't expect the value of the current P1 decrease much, I just don't expect it to go up.

Last edited:
Its not that i "dislike" ther figure. I just dont think its good enough representation. If you stand it straight up head looking forward it looks more stumpy than Classic did. The head looked oversized unless you turned it all the way to one side which also helped hide the terrible dreadlocks.

He was just too stocky. Taller and thinner would of made all the difference with this figure.

And i did like his face under the bio with open and closed mandibles. But i still wasnt comfortable displaying him with his face turned anywhere but to the side because he looked neck-less otherwise.

Yeah, the bio mask makes his head look way too big, but without the bio mask his head proportion looks right to me. Hot toys should re-make the bio mask smaller or just buy baloo's custom mask. It kicks ass.

Also think of it this way, when the V1 Joker came out, people were paying $150 for him, then the better BR version game out and V1 Joker stayed about the same price and did not increase in value because people wanted the V1 for the outfit but then the DX version came out and now you can't even give the V1 Joker away. That being said even if we see a better P1, I don't expect the value of the current P1 decrease much, I just don't expect it to go up.

Good point. Based on your example above, if hot toys did the same thing with P1 and re-released a newer P1 with more accessories etc..., then the older P1 could even go down in value like the V1 Joker. You make a good argument.

Last edited:
Good point. Based on your example above, if hot toys did the same thing with P1 and re-released a newer P1 with more accessories etc..., then the older P1 could even go down in value like the V1 Joker. You make a good argument.

Like I said though, even IF we see a better P1 from HT, I don't think the price on the current P1 will decrease much, I just don't see it reaching P2 Elder price in that case. Either way I doubt you'll ever be able to pick one up under $300 unless you find someone desperate.

It's kind of fun watching the polls so far. Berserker pred has now taken the lead over Guardian. never thought that would happen. Very interesting...

It's kind of fun watching the polls so far. Berserker pred has now taken the lead over Guardian. never thought that would happen. Very interesting...

well berserker is a far better collectible than guardian

Last edited:
I think the P1 has the best chance to get on par with the Elder p2, but in all honesty I think the Elder will always be the reining king.

I don't think any of those listed will. P1 might top $800 (MISB) in 2-3 years if HT doesn't release anything similar to it, but it won't surpass P2 Elders price. The sculpt and wow factor will always be better than the P1.

A Classic Predator released under the "Predators" license would likely tame the aftermarket pricing of the original Predator release.

You could be right. The Predators Movie was somewhat well received. Also if a movie sequel comes out-and I know one will, that could drive up the price of Berserker even further.

I mentioned this earlier in another post that Berserker seems to be gaining a new audience of Predator collectors because of his more realistic and, IMO, better proportioned body. A lot of collectors -myself included- didn't like the big heads and toy-like joints of the older preds. Berserker is definately not toy-looking. He is arguably the most realistic looking pred out there to date by hot toys.

The polls show him now leading over guardian and I think he is already sold out on the sideshow and Alterego websites. toyanxiety only has one left. Lookout P2 elder, Mr. Black is coming to get you!!!

Last edited:
Nothing will ever come close to the elder IMO as he will just keep going up in relative value. He was such a strange release, people had luke warm reactions to him and then all of a sudden you couldn't say enough good things about him. People always ask me when they see my collection, "Are any of these more valuable than the rest?" When I tell them what the elder goes for they don't understand, come to think of it - I am not too sure I do either... :)

I don't think any of those listed will. P1 might top $800 (MISB) in 2-3 years if HT doesn't release anything similar to it, but it won't surpass P2 Elders price. The sculpt and wow factor will always be better than the P1.
No doubt P2 Elder's head sculpt is nice, but Orig preds head sculpt ain't too shaby either. Infact some may argue that Orig Preds head sculpt is more impressive then that of P2 Elders.

Nothing will ever come close to the elder IMO as he will just keep going up in relative value. He was such a strange release, people had luke warm reactions to him and then all of a sudden you couldn't say enough good things about him. People always ask me when they see my collection, "Are any of these more valuable than the rest?" When I tell them what the elder goes for they don't understand, come to think of it - I am not too sure I do either... :)
My guess is that hot toys didn't release very many of him. Heck, he might be even more scarce than Guardian. You also mention that P2 Elder had a strange release and that "people had luke warm reactions to him(Elder P2) and then all of a sudden you couldn't say enough good things about him," well Berserker received an even stranger release. Berserker had a huge welcome-good and bad, surrounded by a huge controversy because of how hot toys advertised him. It will be interesting to track Berserkers popularity over the next few years.

As far as P2 Elder goes, I don't get all the hype about him either. Maybe it's his head sculpt, or the fact that Hot toys only released a very limited supply of him. But other than that, he looks too toy-like. His arms seem a little too long. Infact, his arms might be as long as his legs, if not longer.

Last edited:
Back