1/6 Hot Toys - CMS06 - Marvel Zombies - Zombie Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Marvel Zombies - Zombie Deadpool Collectible Figure

the Comic Masterpiece is a very very interesting idea, cant wait to see what they do with this, hopefully expend it into simple comic design, ( not zombies, nor video games ) but what we see in teh comics.
that being said. I do like the zombie Deadpool if I had the money and space, this and the iron man zombie ( mysterio version ) would be great together

The comic masterpiece is most likely just mcu figures zombiefied. That's total bs.

The comic masterpiece is most likely just mcu figures zombiefied. That's total bs.

Well Deadpool isnt in the MCU so theres that, and this doesnt look to be just a reuse of the Deadpool movie suit either.

Initially I was slightly annoyed that this was announced instead of Gamora getting released. But honestly, the more figures they announce that I don’t want, the better :lol

Initially I was slightly annoyed that this was announced instead of Gamora getting released. But honestly, the more figures they announce that I don’t want, the better :lol

Absolutely agree. Every time they offer up a figure that nobody asked for is money that I save.

I don't hate this, oddly tempting just because of how different it is.

I'm torn - if this came out years ago when I first started collecting I would have bought it.

But I buy Hot Toys for the movie realism. Hot Toys are more Toys than Hot right now I feel like.

To be fair, they're still releasing Movie Masterpiece figures, hardly and DC mind you, but they have a slew of Marvel and Star Wars coming out so it's not as if they've stopped, arguably increasing their catalogue is good for everyone to a degree.

But the only reason why I spend stupid money on these figures is the fine mix of great tailoring, portraits of actors that portray the characters and the great paint work. With less portraits being made and veering to more video game and comic book based models, I'm out as far as what I consider these to be worth.

I don't understand how you could argue paying the same price for this as you would let's say DX15 Jack Sparrow.

I'm torn - if this came out years ago when I first started collecting I would have bought it.

But I buy Hot Toys for the movie realism. Hot Toys are more Toys than Hot right now I feel like.

To be fair, they're still releasing Movie Masterpiece figures, hardly and DC mind you, but they have a slew of Marvel and Star Wars coming out so it's not as if they've stopped, arguably increasing their catalogue is good for everyone to a degree.

But the only reason why I spend stupid money on these figures is the fine mix of great tailoring, portraits of actors that portray the characters and the great paint work. With less portraits being made and veering to more video game and comic book based models, I'm out as far as what I consider these to be worth.

I don't understand how you could argue paying the same price for this as you would let's say DX15 Jack Sparrow.

This is all a very good point.

It took me a few second to comprehend what I was looking at at first.
Happy to see something not SW related and a new(?) line. Now to see how many years it would take for them to make Comic Cap.

Pretty sure the comic line isn't new... they did a few anime/manga stuff. Looks like they are reviving it.

While I guess it looks cool for those that are interested, the first thing that came to mind when I saw this was, "Why??" :dunno

SO many characters shown in their MCU, DCEU, and SW lines were teased and are wanted by fans that have yet been released.

This is the 6th figure in the Comic Masterpiece Series. The 1st four are Manga/Anime characters from 2010 - 2013. There is no CMS 05, so maybe relatively soon another release in this line will be revealed. If Hot Toys wants to delve into a Marvel comic line, this is a poor 1st choice in my opinion. Not too many mainstream fans are gonna be excited by this. A line of Zombie characters perhaps, rather than actual mainstream comic looks? This is definitely for a smaller niche market. Maybe they can't go with more mainstream characters because Sideshow has the Marvel & DC Comic 1/6th scale line?

The Venompool figure seems to have been a flop. It was being discounted even before it was released. Between Marvel Legends, Funko Pop and Hot Toys, the collectible market is becoming ridiculously swamped with Deadpool and Venom merchandise and collectibles. To the point where nothing is cool, new, or exciting. That is, for me at least... And Zombies? That isn't even yesterdays news. That is OLD news. Even the Walking Dead doesn't drum up the excitement like it did years ago.

:dunno

Happy for those that are excited for this and looking to add it to their collection.

This is the 6th figure in the Comic Masterpiece Series. The 1st four are Manga/Anime characters from 2010 - 2013. There is no CMS 05, so maybe relatively soon another release in this line will be revealed. If Hot Toys wants to delve into a Marvel comic line, this is a poor 1st choice in my opinion. Not too many mainstream fans are gonna be excited by this. A line of Zombie characters perhaps, rather than actual mainstream comic looks? This is definitely for a smaller niche market. Maybe they can't go with more mainstream characters because Sideshow has the Marvel & DC Comic 1/6th scale line?

The Venompool figure seems to have been a flop. It was being discounted even before it was released. Between Marvel Legends, Funko Pop and Hot Toys, the collectible market is becoming ridiculously swamped with Deadpool and Venom merchandise and collectibles. To the point where nothing is cool, new, or exciting. That is, for me at least... And Zombies? That isn't even yesterdays news. That is OLD news. Even the Walking Dead doesn't drum up the excitement like it did years ago.
Didn't Marvel revive Zombies? They did Zombies back in early/mid 2000 (also by Kirkman, iirc), then DC released DCeased last year and I recall seeing some new solicitations for Marvel Zombies in Previews before the whole 'Rona thing.

Personally, I'd love to see a revisit of Burtonverse and Nolanverse Batman, Matrix (with Neo reissue please), Avengers 2012, and Cap Stealth Strike Suit more than Venomized and Zombified figures.

Normally I have zero interest in this hybrid type stuff, but I have to admit this one actually has a pretty cool and fun look to it. And actually fits the cartoonish style of the character well.

I'm still gonna pass of course, but it does look cool.

Don't know why this would be more or less popular than the Venomized stuff. Either type represents 'not X or Y figure that people have actually been asking for'.
Eh I think it's quite the big seller for them and any company making Marvel stuff. There are quite a few folks who basically fetishize the zombie stuff and Venomized renditions, so it's printing money for HT, even if we don't see it on our end.

I’ll wait to see if HT is actually going to produce a comic line and what their approach will be. I remember when Sideshow originally announced their 1/6 comic line. I had hoped those would essentially be smaller, less expensive, articulated versions of their PFs. Instead the figures ended up having oversized heads and poor tailoring. A bunch of diverse body types had actually been designed for the line—ranging from Wolverine to Hulk, but SS rejected the system as being too expensive to produce. I did buy Harley, Joker, Batman and Superman hoping for the best, but eventually sold all of them. I know some folks like the newer Sideshow figures, which do look quite a bit better, but I’m still not crazy about the tailoring, costume materials, or some of the sculpts especially for the price point. If Hot Toys is indeed planning to produce high quality 1/6 scale comic figures (Marvel and DC) I will definitely consider jumping in. However while this figure looks very cool, a 1/6 zombie Deadpool isn’t enough of a hook to show what the line will be.

Don?t get excited about a comic line . The first comic line released was that manga from way back and thats all I remember

Was rather hoping we'd get a second suit from Miles Morales announced this week, what with it still being very much on trend. Like everyone else, I didn't see a 1/6 Zombie Deadpool coming.

Back