Will Hot toys Pred1, Guardian or Berserker ever reach P2 Elder Status?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which hot toys pred will reach the crazy price points of P2 Elder First?

• Total voters
FYI - for some reason (maybe the Neca 1/4's), there are tons of people trying to sell P1 on the bay right now...people who want him at a slightly cheaper or more competitive price should look it up.

Yah...Neca 1/4 is a good deal. Its always funny how when I am looking for something there are at most 1 find on the bay, and when I finally get the damn thing, everyone on the bay and on the boards are trying to sell it.

Case in point, happened to me when I started to get P1 and Dutch...lol

I think its really to soon to tell. I mean the P2 Elder was out a long time before it was sought after. I'm not positive but I don't think I got mine until nearly a full year, maybe more, after it was released and I think I snagged it for $145 on one of the less frequented sights, which I cann't even remember the site...lol. Now the newer ones its hard to say. But even the Lost pred is starting to trend up, albeit at a much slower pace. I think a lot has to do with the scarcity of the piece, whether through manufactured numbers or collectibility. Lost for example could become one of the rarest ones out there simply because so many have been chopped up for parts. The only thing that is certain is that HT preds are the diffinitive Predator figures. And I don't see that changing.

snoop-1.gif
None of them, cause sucks is sucks :peace

I think Guardian will hit that price but less people will be willing to pay it like they will for AVP Predators.

P1 might make it up there but if it does it is totally undeserved in my eyes as i think its the most lackluster Predator HT i've owned even if it was from the best movie.

Berserker Maybe. See, theres no confirmation about anything but i have it in a lock in my mind that somewhere down the line we will get a BD Berserker with blood on it, possibly a posh base and a repaint of Royce's axe but with green blood.

I think Guardian will hit that price but less people will be willing to pay it like they will for AVP Predators.

P1 might make it up there but if it does it is totally undeserved in my eyes as i think its the most lackluster Predator HT i've owned even if it was from the best movie.

Berserker Maybe. See, theres no confirmation about anything but i have it in a lock in my mind that somewhere down the line we will get a BD Berserker with blood on it, possibly a posh base and a repaint of Royce's axe but with green blood.

Wow you're one of the few who actually doesn't like P1. You don't think his head sculpt is one of the best? Of all the preds thus far, Orig Pred, P2 Elder, and maybe Wolf have the best head sculpts IMO. What is it about Orig Pred that you dislike?

Lol, I'm sure someone will picking up 15 berserkers and sell them later haha...therefore, buy these bad boys when they are cheap!
:goodpost: There maybe some hoarders out there who missed their chance at the prior preds who are now making up for lost time.

One problem in guessing value is that Hot Toys doesn't tell us how many of a given figure are produced. Price is a function of supply and demand, and by missing part of that equation for Elder and the AVP guys (as well as the newer figures), it is really tough to make reasoned estimates.

I figure more P1 figures were produced than any other Predator figure up to that point, for obvious reasons. Surely there are fewer Elder Preds out there than P1 figures. And I figure AVP figures are rarest of all (excluding convention exclusives) because they were released when Hot Toys was still establishing itself--and when $100+ for an articulated figure seemed like a lot of money to collectors.

But who really knows? I'm still not sure whether the recent 10th Anniversary figures are relatively rare or not. Based on the info. we have (using Sideshow and previous HT convention ex. numbers) I would guess that they are not. But then again, there could be 15,000 Berserker Preds out there for all I know.

Unless HT makes an updated P1, I would suspect current P1 will eventually be just as sought after as P2 Elder. I think Berserker will increase in value overtime as well. Not $800 to $1000 like Elder but around $500 within a few years.

Even if HT makes an updated P1 the price may still go up on the original P1. Case in point, the old 3 inch Star wars vintage figures from the 70s and 80s. The new star wars figure re-makes look awesome yet are no where near the prices of the old Star wars figures. Infact, the old star wars figures keep going up in value no matter how many times hasbro keeps re-releasing the newer updated versions.

Even if HT makes an updated P1 the price may still go up on the original P1. Case in point, the old 3 inch Star wars vintage figures from the 70s and 80s. The new star wars figure re-makes look awesome yet are no where even close to the prices of the old Star wars figures. Infact, the old star wars figures keep going up in value no matter how many times hasbro keeps re-releasing the figures.
Yeah, but this is like comparing apples and oranges. Most folks (self included) would give up their P1 (well, all the ones I have :D ) for an improved, updated version in a second. I have no loyalty to that specific figure. If something more awesome came out of the same character--that had everything my figure has and then some--old P1 would hit the road.

In general, vintage toys had: a) lower production runs/worse distribution than newer figures in many cases; b) are more difficult to find in pristine packaging or even loose in mint condition because folks really didn't collect toys back in the day (they actually played with them!); and c) the nostalgia of the collectors. All of which drives prices up in a way that you aren't gonna see comparing Hot Toys figures of 3 years ago with one from this year.

Given enough time I think P1 will hit it. He's the one who started it all (in the movies) and for the longest time, until HT finally made him, was on everyone's wishlist. Now that he's sold out and the price is steadily increasing, he's still on the wishlist of those who missed out and a heavy hand of seller's remorse for those who let him go.

As for Guardian, I don't think he'll go higher than the ____ing insane prices he was fetching when Sideshow's SDCC supply first sold out, before they got a second shipment and the Asian shows got theirs.

Berserker, though he looks cool to me, will probably follow the trend set by The Lost pred.

I don't know about that. Nobody liked Lost Pred because of his lack of wrist blades and ugly green color skeme. Berserker looks pretty bad ass, argueably one of the best body paint jobs, and he's the first with the new more realistic body-type. Infact, body-type wise he is the most well proportioned, though some may argue that his head is too small. I think Berserker is the one pred who is bringing in new pred fans amongst collectors who didn't like the old-school toy-like bodies of the past preds. He will definately get a lot more love then Lost pred IMO.

Yeah, but this is like comparing apples and oranges. Most folks (self included) would give up their P1 (well, all the ones I have :D ) for an improved, updated version in a second. I have no loyalty to that specific figure. If something more awesome came out of the same character--that had everything my figure has and then some--old P1 would hit the road.

In general, vintage toys had: a) lower production runs/worse distribution than newer figures in many cases; b) are more difficult to find in pristine packaging or even loose in mint condition because folks really didn't collect toys back in the day (they actually played with them!); and c) the nostalgia of the collectors. All of which drives prices up in a way that you aren't gonna see comparing Hot Toys figures of 3 years ago with one from this year.

Sure, there are some collectors out there similar to you, who have no loyalty to the past pred designs, but just try telling that to the di-hard HT AVP fans. If HTs were to re-released a new set of AVP preds in the newer body-types would the die-hard AVP fans discard their old AVP vintage preds? I don't know. Also your point of lower production runs may not be valid in the case of P2 Elder and some of the AVP preds. I speculate those older preds had low production runs as well, which is why their prices are crazy high, but I do concede that there maybe a lot of collectors that would abandon old P1 for a better version.

Even if HT makes an updated P1 the price may still go up on the original P1. Case in point, the old 3 inch Star wars vintage figures from the 70s and 80s. The new star wars figure re-makes look awesome yet are no where near the prices of the old Star wars figures. Infact, the old star wars figures keep going up in value no matter how many times hasbro keeps re-releasing the newer updated versions.

Yes but thats a different situation, the vintage SW figures from the 70s and 80s are 30 years old and very few exist in mint condition. Plus all Hasbro has been doing over the last few years has been re-releasing the same figures but in different packages so there are plenty of the same figures so of course the value on a modern 3 3/4" Stormtrooper isn't going to increase anytime soon.

Yes but thats a different situation, the vintage SW figures from the 70s and 80s are 30 years old and very few exist in mint condition. Plus all Hasbro has been doing over the last few years has been re-releasing the same figures but in different packages so there are plenty of the same figures so of course the value on a modern 3 3/4" Stormtrooper isn't going to increase anytime soon.
You are missing my point. I understand that the modern Star wars 3 3/4" figures aren't going to increase in value anytime soon, but the old vintage ones made in the 70s and 80s will still keep going up in value, just as the older Original Pred1 may still go up in value even if they re-release a newer more modern P1. But this is only speculation on my part. I would also argue that very few Elder P2 preds and AVP preds still exist in mint "sealed" and "unopened" condition. Most of the Elder P2 preds and AVP preds I see on ebay have already been opened or the taped seals already cut.

Back