Will Hot toys Pred1, Guardian or Berserker ever reach P2 Elder Status?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which hot toys pred will reach the crazy price points of P2 Elder First?

• Total voters

work13

Super Freak
Reaction score
Given the incredible popularity of the hot toys predator line, I was wondering which of the following 3 preds: Orig Pred, Guardian or Berserker, will reach the crazy price points of P2 Elder and the AVP preds first? A good case can be made for all 3: Orig pred because he was the one that started it all and has arguably the best head sculpt, Guardian because they made so few of him, or Berserker because he is the first of the new body type preds and one of the most realistic. If I were to pick one, my guess would be Orig Pred. What's your take?

I'd say Guardian and P1 may eventually get that high. P1 because everyone loves the original and Guardian simply because he is pretty rare.....that is once everyone who bought him to sell him sells him to someone who actually wanted him and there aren't 90 ebay listing for it. :lol

I'd say Guardian and P1 may eventually get that high. P1 because everyone loves the original and Guardian simply because he is pretty rare.....that is once everyone who bought him to sell him sells him to someone who actually wanted him and there aren't 90 ebay listing for it. :lol
Yeah, it does seem like nobody wants to keep the guardian pred. It's as if people just buy him only to try and re-sell him for a higher price on ebay.

i still have my Guardian. then again, i don't buy toys on the off chance i might get a few days pay out of them a couple years down the line.

Hard to say. I figure P1 should be most valuable long term since it is the only one from a genuinely good movie. But I wouldn't have anticipated the AVP and Elder getting so insanely pricey. So, I just don't know the market well enough to guess.

i still have my Guardian. then again, i don't buy toys on the off chance i might get a few days pay out of them a couple years down the line.
Your one of the few true collectors then. Which one did you vote for? None of the above?

Hard to say. I figure P1 should be most valuable long term since it is the only one from a genuinely good movie. But I wouldn't have anticipated the AVP and Elder getting so insanely pricey. So, I just don't know the market well enough to guess.
I think you may be right. It seems like Orig pred is getting all the votes so far.

Unless HT makes an updated P1, I would suspect current P1 will eventually be just as sought after as P2 Elder. I think Berserker will increase in value overtime as well. Not $800 to $1000 like Elder but around $500 within a few years.

Unless HT makes an updated P1, I would suspect current P1 will eventually be just as sought after as P2 Elder. I think Berserker will increase in value overtime as well. Not $800 to $1000 like Elder but around $500 within a few years.
you might be right. I'm curious about how many Berserkers, or Orig Preds were released by hot toys. It would be interesting to know.

I'd love to get my hands on the Guardian Predator. However, I'm not the same collector that I was 2-3 years ago when I was buying up all the Predators. I doubt I'll ever bring myself to pay the $$$ for him when I can get a 1:1 bust for the same price.

jeez, doesn't seem like the berserker is getting any love. Either most people didn't like the movie, or most people didn't like the fact that hot toys didn't make him as movie acurate as people would have liked.

jeez, doesn't seem like the berserker is getting any love. Either most people didn't like the movie, or most people didn't like the fact that hot toys didn't make him as movie acurate as people would have liked.

Well the question was which will reach P2 Elder status first so you also have to take into consideration Berserker was recently released whereas P1 has been out for 2 years and Guardian has been out for severall months.

the latter for me. i have both NECA berserkers. got to look at HT's attempt in person the other day and i want one even less.

I like the Berserker, but considering the complaints he's getting for not being accurate I think we'll get a re-release. Possibly a battle damaged version, or a different Hero version.

Well the question was which will reach P2 Elder status first so you also have to take into consideration Berserker was recently released whereas P1 has been out for 2 years and Guardian has been out for severall months.
true, good point.

Lol, I'm sure someone will picking up 15 berserkers and sell them later haha...therefore, buy these bad boys when they are cheap!

Given enough time I think P1 will hit it. He's the one who started it all (in the movies) and for the longest time, until HT finally made him, was on everyone's wishlist. Now that he's sold out and the price is steadily increasing, he's still on the wishlist of those who missed out and a heavy hand of seller's remorse for those who let him go.

As for Guardian, I don't think he'll go higher than the ____ing insane prices he was fetching when Sideshow's SDCC supply first sold out, before they got a second shipment and the Asian shows got theirs.

Berserker, though he looks cool to me, will probably follow the trend set by The Lost pred.

Back