Why is sideshow removing itms from their HP?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEAH!!!!! I was waiting for you to say/post something Tyler..:clap
Sideshow can keep removing content for all I care. Collection stash has it all........well damn well close to..:lol

:rock :rock :rock

We are getting there! Thanks to you and everyone else helping out!

Holy Crap man! :google

I didn't know this existed. This should fill in the gaps for future items I'm looking for.

Did you make this?

Hehe, yea I made. I have been working on it, on and off for about a year. We finally went to Beta about three months ago. Pretty much all of the data has been added by the members of this forum.

We have a lot of the older stuff removed from SSC on there, including a lot of the older Universal Monsters 1/6th.

Hehe, yea I made. I have been working on it, on and off for about a year. We finally went to Beta about three months ago. Pretty much all of the data has been added by the members of this forum.

We have a lot of the older stuff removed from SSC on there, including a lot of the older Universal Monsters 1/6th.

Congrats Sexy! This is such a great resource. You've done some terrific work here. :rock

EDIT: Added to my favorites list.

I am on the hunt for an Ark of the covenant photo...no one has that besides me on the stash yet I guess.

I asked Sideshow about this. They said simply that the items that are long gone, the ones they know they don't have any left in the warehouse, etc..take up too much space on their site. So they remove them to save space.

I prefer them taking up space and having them there.
:D

Haha. What is it...1999? They have plenty of space. I went on there to look for a PF to show a friend some pictures and of course it was gone. Not only did they have stats on them and photos, but some videos, etc. People are STILL buying this figures/statues in aftermarket. Not a wise move.

With thousands of products in their archives, I can imagine them not wanting to host all those images. Bandwidth ain't free, so I can forgive them wanting to prune the hedges, so to speak

Yes, they aren't making a huge profit at all, so they need to pinch pennies ;)

Doesn't make sense to have masses of stuff for the customer to wade through & not actually be able to buy. Maybe they should move the sold out stuff to special section like a SSC Virtual Museum

You don't have to wade through it. You can simply do a search and filter by status. Don't check sold out and they won't appear. Also, if SSC's is doing this, they need to be consistent about it. I just checked ROTLA PF Indy and both versions are still there.

The weight their website gives you and the actual weight of the item are two different things and usually not the same. Any $10 postal scale will go up to 35 pounds or so and that covers 99% of the items people are going to be shipping anyway. Its not Sideshow's job to make re-selling their items easier for you. :dunno

Yeah, why provide the customer with as much info on past products that they may need or for the aftermarket customer trying to make a decision and wanting to go directly to the source for the info to make sure they aren't getting completely raped on Ebay.

I asked Sideshow about this. They said simply that the items that are long gone, the ones they know they don't have any left in the warehouse, etc..take up too much space on their site. So they remove them to save space.

I prefer them taking up space and having them there.
:D

LMAO seriously how much does it cost to have 1 page up $0.25 a month ? :lol

I was just looking for some older stuff to get an idea of the pics and the specs/ details/ artists so i could go looking for them on ebay, and of course................. nothing to be found. SS wtf?!
They were quite happy for their figures to be increasing in aftermarket value, but how will they look now when no one can find much information on them? i definately wouldnt pay premium prices for something i dont know much about. Bad move SS!

Back