Why is sideshow removing itms from their HP?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spawn_de

Super Freak
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am still interested in SSC items and like to spend some time on the HP reading about new and available items but also take a look on old (maybe even sold out) items. The customer rating is also a great feedback tool, when you find an interesting item on the 2nd hand market and want to find several opinions about the item.

Currently I was wondering why sideshow removed the Hellboy premium format figures from their site?
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4488&license=Hellboy&ref=license-menu

Or did I search in a wrong category?

Thanks for your help,
Dominik

I was wondering that as well. I put my MSIB R-rated SS exclusive Scarface on eBay and went to get the description from SSC and it was gone.

I asked Sideshow about this. They said simply that the items that are long gone, the ones they know they don't have any left in the warehouse, etc..take up too much space on their site. So they remove them to save space.

I prefer them taking up space and having them there.
:D

Very lame SS....very lame.

I had started on a spreadsheet for my collection that had links to the product pages on the SS website in case which is now worthless.

It was nice to have their webpages as reference for prices, pictures, etc.

:( Agree. It would be great if they had some form of online catalog (not Lonnie's list, but something with pics and stats) for all their releases.

They said simply that the items that are long gone, the ones they know they don't have any left in the warehouse, etc..take up too much space on their site. So they remove them to save space.

And that's why they remove the Hellboy PFs from their site and keep Dr. Doom PF from 2006 :slap -> Pretty strange, Sideshow ...

I'm pretty sure it's because the film was distributed by Universal. All products from films distributed by Universal are gone. Hellboy II: gone, Shaun of the Dead: gone, Scarface: gone, Universal Monsters: gone... etc.

Have to bump this thread agian. It seems that SSC has removed all "sold out" marvel PFs from there site. :( :( :(

I was wondering the same thing. Just got into the Life sized Bust line and wanted to see the ones I missed. Spiderman, Ironman, etc are gone. Alot of stuff is missing. Sucks.

With thousands of products in their archives, I can imagine them not wanting to host all those images. Bandwidth ain't free, so I can forgive them wanting to prune the hedges, so to speak

With thousands of products in their archives, I can imagine them not wanting to host all those images. Bandwidth ain't free, so I can forgive them wanting to prune the hedges, so to speak

I can't. There's really no way to validate whether or not the piece is really from Sideshow if there's nothing to compare it to. They don't even have to make it a fancy schmancy gallery, but a plane jane account of their product history would be welcome to many collectors. Not just those who're looking to record what they have, but also those looking to complete a line (which may also result in future sales for SSC).

How do I know if my 1984 Toyota Camry is really an authentic Toyota Camry if it's not pictured on Toyota's website??

Back