Why is sideshow removing itms from their HP?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is correct lowly human. :lol:peace

..:lol:lol..

images

Last edited:
They remove stuff because of the bandwidth. that is what they told me when I asked them directly over the phone.

Doesn't make sense to have masses of stuff for the customer to wade through & not actually be able to buy. Maybe they should move the sold out stuff to special section like a SSC Virtual Museum

this is another lame move by SS of late. It's nice to be able to go look up the dimensions and shipping weight of an item that I'm going to sell. Removing items because they take up too much space? Give me a break.

this is another lame move by SS of late. It's nice to be able to go look up the dimensions and shipping weight of an item that I'm going to sell. Removing items because they take up too much space? Give me a break.

You should know the actual dimensions and shipping weight of an item you are going to sell. If you don't, chances are you don't actually have the item you are trying to sell :slap

You should know the actual dimensions and shipping weight of an item you are going to sell. If you don't, chances are you don't actually have the item you are trying to sell :slap

we don't all have big ass shipping scales just laying around, and most of the time, clicking a button is a lot easier then going digging for boxes under more boxes. The weight of the item is usually more important in determining the cost of a piece to ship.

The only method I know is standing on a scale with a box and subtracting that number from your weight without the box and it's pretty damn hard to do when you can barely get your arms around the box. I reckon it's a hell of a lot easier just to look it up with one click of the button.

But measuring it and weighing it takes effort. :dunno

:exactly:

we don't all have big ass shipping scales just laying around, and most of the time, clicking a button is a lot easier then going digging for boxes under more boxes. The weight of the item is usually more important in determining the cost of a piece to ship.

The only method I know is standing on a scale with a box and subtracting that number from your weight without the box and it's pretty damn hard to do when you can barely get your arms around the box. I reckon it's a hell of a lot easier just to look it up with one click of the button.

The weight their website gives you and the actual weight of the item are two different things and usually not the same. Any $10 postal scale will go up to 35 pounds or so and that covers 99% of the items people are going to be shipping anyway. Its not Sideshow's job to make re-selling their items easier for you. :dunno

I think it sux, dont care about dimensions or shipping weights, but having an archive of previously released items seems like a no brainer.

Can't believe anyone would think its a bad idea to have a solid source to reference item info.

The weight their website gives you and the actual weight of the item are two different things and usually not the same. Any $10 postal scale will go up to 35 pounds or so and that covers 99% of the items people are going to be shipping anyway. Its not Sideshow's job to make re-selling their items easier for you. :dunno

well, 99% of stats are made up :wink1:. I don't see many, if any other manufacturing companies removing items just cause their sold out; there are many other reasons then just selling that people want the information of past products on their site, as said earlier in this thread. If it does save them money by doing so, maybe if they paid more attention to making higher quality items with less QC problems these days, they wouldn't be scrambling to save every penny possible.

It would be cool to be able to look up the specs and pictures of their old releases. An archive of all Sideshow items would be very nice to have. However, weren't they forced to remove all of the Universal items due to their losing the license?

Back