Why is sideshow removing itms from their HP?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but were they forced or were they just butt hurt that they lost it? Why would it make any difference if long sold out items were on a site and not being manufactured anymore?

Yeah, same thing with their Highlander stuff.

According to Sideshow, they were forced.

Were they forced? I remember hearing they removed them at the request of the new license holders. But I don't remember hearing them being forced to do so. And honestly, I'd be surprised if there was any legal ground there, given Sideshow did produce product for the license.

Why don't you just save the product pages of what you own/like as an HTML to your computer.... then it won't matter if Sideshow takes them off.

Why don't you just save the product pages of what you own/like as an HTML to your computer.... then it won't matter if Sideshow takes them off.

Rather have it as a book. And honestly, there've already been many products that have been deleted so it'd be missing a fat chunk if someone started that now, anyway. :huh

Were they forced? I remember hearing they removed them at the request of the new license holders. But I don't remember hearing them being forced to do so. And honestly, I'd be surprised if there was any legal ground there, given Sideshow did produce product for the license.

Which makes me wonder what did SSC do with all the Universal licensed products they had left in stock? I had been saving up for an HBII Samaritan and one day it was just gone with everything else. I'd hate to think that it was all just destroyed.

I noticed that too.

I purchased a couple of MARVEL items that I no longer find/see on their website.

Specifically . . .

THE BLACK CAT EX PF
PSYLOCKE EX COMICQUETTE

Short of checking eBay (which I have yet to do) . . . I wonder how much these are going for?

agreed it's very annoying.

but if it's a legal issue, not much sideshow or anyone can do about it.

Why would it be a legal issue? I don't see that happening unless Sideshow was forced to recall all the figures for producing them without rights. :huh

same reason i remember they were forced to remove the jurassic park dio and all traces of that theme. Just guessing here i am no legal expert.

but if it's really just to save some disk space, then SS has the stupidest IT dept on this planet.

Maybe they just decided it was taking to much customer service time when they got calls regarding unavailable products. Better to hide them. Not that I expect such a thing would really work against the determined and stupid.

I bet they have people who call every month to ask if a certain product will ever get re-released, can I get on a wait list just in case, why didn't you make more??? b---- b---- b----

I just searched for old PFs like Thor, spidey and hulk. They are no longer on the site. This sucks bc I like to know the exact specs of old Collectibles I own in order to plan accordingly when I buy display furniture. If they are doing this bc of space I find it lazy in the part of the IT dept

Maybe they just decided it was taking to much customer service time when they got calls regarding unavailable products. Better to hide them. Not that I expect such a thing would really work against the determined and stupid.

I bet they have people who call every month to ask if a certain product will ever get re-released, can I get on a wait list just in case, why didn't you make more??? b---- b---- b----

That's kinda irrelevant though. They get stupid calls on items they currently carry and I'm betting on items they've never carried, let alone probably more comments asking what happened to the products they've taken down. That's not even accounting for all the OCD calls they have to filter from people upset about something you can only see under 2000x magnification. :lol

I can only imagine what it would be like to work on those phones. I used to do that stuff when I first was out of high school. Uhhg.

I wouldn't mind if they had a special section or even separate site (which I guess would be too difficult to do?) for the sold out stuff. I went back to look up Hellboy stuff roughly a year ago and it was all gone. And that was frustrating.

My issue is there are items I've had to cancel in the past with SSC. At a later point I'd like to try to pick those up on eBay. Now I don't have a reference point (exact item name, photos, size, weight etc.) So yeah, kind of a bummer. :(

Back